Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new spin move. Different player types will have different spin moves for more authenticity.

If you missed the new juke moves and score bug/banner, click here, along with the new hurdle move here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Kwarren3 @ 05/27/16 07:24 PM
Why does Pruitt (TE # 83) Have long hair? He doesn't in real life and doesn't in Madden 16. Some people may call that nit picking but the little things kill the immersion for me. Last year Eric Kendricks had a Giant head compared to his body and it drove me so crazy that I traded him. Hopefully there will be some kind of thread when 17 comes out where we can report wrong player features and they get changed.

# 22 Reed1417 @ 05/27/16 07:28 PM
Spin move looked good. Like how Peterson planted his foot and spun off it instead of whatever we had this year hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 23 apollon42 @ 05/27/16 08:25 PM
I want to see gameplay. These zoomed in promo videos always looked good.

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 05/27/16 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Spin looks great, the running animation afterwards looks insane.

Insane in a good or bad way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 PVarck31 @ 05/27/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I want to see gameplay. These zoomed in promo videos always looked good.

You will see gameplay at the EA Play event. And the new running move videos are definitely straight from gameplay.

# 26 DeuceDouglas @ 05/27/16 08:58 PM

So this was the precision spin and I'm guessing since it's AP that it has to be the Elite tier. I want to see some of the open field speed moves as well as the steerable ones they talked about in the blog.

# 27 apollon42 @ 05/27/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Insane in a good or bad way?

In a bad way. He speeds up and starts running like an Ogre.

# 28 Trick13 @ 05/27/16 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

So this was the precision spin and I'm guessing since it's AP that it has to be the Elite tier. I want to see some of the open field speed moves as well as the steerable ones they talked about in the blog.
Hope with everything that the speed moves finally brings back the long lost "cut moves"...
Please
Please
Please
Please

# 29 DeuceDouglas @ 05/27/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Hope with everything that the speed moves finally brings back the long lost "cut moves"...
Please
Please
Please
Please
I miss the old Madden 2004 juke where you'd barely tap the trigger and get that one-step cut juke. I'm hoping it's something like that or maybe even this:

A little bit of deceleration but mainly a move for the open field type of thing.

Another thing I was just thinking about while watching a Charles juke in the snow is that it'd be cool if in weather games every player dropped a tier in their moves like they stated they would when players were tired. I think that would add a lot to weather games where basically nobody has the ability to hit Elite moves. Maybe once we get better whether as well, the more severe the weather, players drop two tiers in moves and such.

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 05/27/16 11:51 PM
Clint with the breakdown of the play. Can't believe we're breaking down 10 second clips but oh well

# 31 roadman @ 05/28/16 12:09 AM
All I did was ask for clarification JP because it was addressed earlier in the thread by others.

If you ask nicely, you will get a response one way or the other.

This should put some of the people that had doubts at ease.

In addition, Clint said no problem.

# 32 ggsimmonds @ 05/28/16 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Clint with the breakdown of the play. Can't believe we're breaking down 10 second clips but oh well

Clint is right, but the animations and transitions still look hideous and that is what makes the play look poor.

# 33 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/28/16 02:18 AM
I like the spin because it's more realistic than the previous spins.

# 34 poster @ 05/28/16 07:55 AM
At least #63 came back and engaged. In the past, he may have just did the silly block no one animation looking straight ahead since no one would have been in his "zone" to block. Line play and interaction between O & D line has been a big weakness in this game. I'll wait for more videos, but am concerned that it is still weak, hope I am wrong. Run blocking has been pretty good though, and you can see some of that in the short clip.

Low player level or not, not sure why #58 just stops and runs away from the play due to the spin move occurring. He reads it well, then just changes his mind once the spin move starts.

Not a football x & o expert, so not sure if he is reacting to another eligible receiver entering his zone and trying to go back and cover that responsibility? Doesn't seem like it, but maybe I am missing it.

Since he read the play well, he should continue the pursuit. If on rookie or if lower rated, maybe he gets frozen and is slow to react to the move as he gets closer.

# 35 Mattanite @ 05/28/16 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
Nice spin move... but why does Minnesota #63 seem oblivious to GB #76 when the ball is snapped ?
Also, why does GB #58 seem to backtrack when the player with the ball executes the spin move ?
Not read the whole thread for this yet... but i would hazard a guess that the guy was the force player or controlling the outside, and as the CB got blocked and AP was going outside, the AI made him back off to get around the CB block in order to set the edge again (as he couldn't just warp through the CB...)

# 36 Allball76 @ 05/28/16 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Not read the whole thread for this yet... but i would hazard a guess that the guy was the force player or controlling the outside, and as the CB got blocked and AP was going outside, the AI made him back off to get around the CB block in order to set the edge again (as he couldn't just warp through the CB...)

people read into this too much its most likely on rookie level . read & react is lowered to the level ! It's all just to show case the spin! Lets break down the EA play footage on all pro or all madden .

# 37 Mattanite @ 05/28/16 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
people read into this too much its most likely on rookie level . read & react is lowered to the level ! It's all just to show case the spin! Lets break down the EA play footage on all pro or all madden .
Aye agreed, just no-one had offered up any theories yet. My mistake on the positions, it was the CB Shields trying to make the tackle and the LB readjusting at the beginning of the spin move with the S Dix being blocked on the outside.

# 38 Allball76 @ 05/28/16 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Aye agreed, just no-one had offered up any theories yet. My mistake on the positions, it was the CB Shields trying to make the tackle and the LB readjusting at the beginning of the spin move with the S Dix being blocked on the outside.
Oh that wasn't saying you were jumping just people . All good just give us the franchise blog and E3 gameplay let's go !

# 39 SageInfinite @ 05/28/16 11:16 AM
Loved the spin move. Looked way better than the previous one. Really is great that their animations are finally going to the next level. They just need to make all the animations get to this level of fluidity and they will have a true fan again.

# 40 OhMrHanky @ 05/28/16 01:21 PM
Alright. So, we've seen the juke, the spin, and the hurdle. I personally never use the hurdle. And, rarely use the spin. I wanna see what that stiff arm gonna look like, yo! I'm guessing they won't create even a tiny vid showcasing it cause it's been SO WEAK over the years!! Lol, but in all seriousness, I am hopeful based on the blogs and these quick vids on special moves that stiff arm has FINALLY been upgraded and will FINALLY be useful. Cmon, EA, show me dat stiff arm!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.