Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Punches in single collar clinch will no longer interrupt transitions
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt
  • Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt
  • Reduced the damage of Thai knees slightly
  • Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown
  • Fixed bug that made takedowns in some clinch positions too easy, and others too hard
  • Added new grapple momentum scenarios to a few ground and clinch transitions
  • Gave fighters who have the sitout sweep in sprawl the option to also perform the half guard escape
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more difficult
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2 to fix exploits and enforce pre-emptive denial penalty
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction
  • AI will now use submission reversals
  • Some fighter AI's tuned to use submissions and takedowns more or less as appropriate to their real life counterparts
  • Blocking and stamina management improvements for pro AI
This post will get updated as more details are revealed.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tissues250 @ 05/30/16 05:57 PM
I think, these changes will be great for the clinch game balance. but Is this upcoming patch relates to only clinch stuff? I want to know about any big changes. I mean, big changes are adds new features relates to their new mo-cap. I expect that seated against the cage animation or block animation in side control or quick dash animation. Also, I really hope that they tweaked striking game about stopping power, removed combo mutipleir, permanent stamina tax.

# 42 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:59 PM
The last patches haven't really had major gameplay changes. I expect that trend to continue.

# 43 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, these changes will be great for the clinch game balance. but Is this upcoming patch relates to only clinch stuff? I want to know about any big changes. I mean, big changes are adds new features relates to their new mo-cap. I expect that seated against the cage animation or block animation in side control or quick dash animation. Also, I really hope that they tweaked striking game about stopping power, removed combo mutipleir, permanent stamina tax.
I think you will be disappointed but the clinch changes are big in my opinion. I wouldnt expect a ton of new animations at this point and GPD was clear that there isnt likely to be significant striking changes made a while back.

# 44 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think you will be disappointed but the clinch changes are big in my opinion. I wouldnt expect a ton of new animations at this point and GPD was clear that there isnt likely to be significant striking changes made a while back.
They are definitely big. We will just have to see how they play out. Might actually make punches more useful because no one will worry about them and only block knees. Unless your head is already red.

# 45 Bjmoore_35 @ 05/30/16 06:16 PM
I'd like to say that I think all of these changes are unnecessary. I am a top 10 fighter in the world in my opinion (14 in championships) and I don't see any problems in the clinch other then the unblockable knee when your head is all the way red. I honestly think it's incredibly unfair to make these changes. Not only have you made it easier to block the clinch in general, but now you are rewarding fighters who go into fights holding R2 and up. This update will not only make one trick pony fighters not have to learn the whole game to be good, but it will discredit all of the competitors who put their time in to learn the clinch and be successful at it. A group of angry players who get beat in the clinch should not be rewarded for complaining about it. Another thing; making it to where strikes do not block transitions in the clinch will now make it impossible to deny fake transitions. This will make it to where you can literally fake going in to Muai Thai position 12 times in a row with no stamina loss, and then easily complete a takedown with not much that your opponent can do. My honest opinion is that the clinch and ground are almost as good as they are going to get. The only thing that could possibly need work is the striking in this game and I'm not even complaining about that. I use all 3 aspects of the game because I have put the time in and successfully mastered all of them.

# 46 SUGATA @ 05/30/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
If you can't land a counter strike, the damage bonus means very little.

If you don't get a damage bonus, the increased counter window means very little.
Are you going to fix bug with involuntary dash after quick sway?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...way-click.html

Are you going to buff sways and fix them?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ke-dashes.html

Are you going give us Players meet in PSN?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sn-ea-ufc.html

(optional) Are you going to improve DS4 color light?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ner-color.html

Are you going to buff MT whips by fixing blocking its knee (return it to UFC 1)?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ow-ti-fix.html

I here listed ONLY those issues which are REALY EASY TO FIX NOW BY PATCH.
Dude are you kidding us? You make another patch with uncalling features and dont fix those which are called by community every day!

# 47 CitiBoy7 @ 05/30/16 06:20 PM
I wish the patch could fix fighters with incorrect height like Raphael Assuncao who is listed at 4'7 and announced at that height but his ingame model is 5'5 like he should be

# 48 cernac @ 05/30/16 06:25 PM
I hope the patch allows one to:

- choose start position in practice mode in order to practice in a disciplined way. Being able to rewind a few seconds to choose different strategies
would be a bonus.

- allow fighters the option to replay in online unranked match.

Any word on stamina tweaks--especially spamming transitions and subs with zero stamina?

# 49 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjmoore_35
I'd like to say that I think all of these changes are unnecessary. I am a top 10 fighter in the world in my opinion (14 in championships) and I don't see any problems in the clinch other then the unblockable knee when your head is all the way red. I honestly think it's incredibly unfair to make these changes. Not only have you made it easier to block the clinch in general, but now you are rewarding fighters who go into fights holding R2 and up. This update will not only make one trick pony fighters not have to learn the whole game to be good, but it will discredit all of the competitors who put their time in to learn the clinch and be successful at it. A group of angry players who get beat in the clinch should not be rewarded for complaining about it. Another thing; making it to where strikes do not block transitions in the clinch will now make it impossible to deny fake transitions. This will make it to where you can literally fake going in to Muai Thai position 12 times in a row with no stamina loss, and then easily complete a takedown with not much that your opponent can do. My honest opinion is that the clinch and ground are almost as good as they are going to get. The only thing that could possibly need work is the striking in this game and I'm not even complaining about that. I use all 3 aspects of the game because I have put the time in and successfully mastered all of them.
We have 3 top 10 fighters as Gamechangers and all 3 of them thought there were issues with the clinch. They were pretty much in line with most of the people who posted about issues in the the last LEC.

# 50 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Aw. Look at the people mad that they'll have to do something more then constantly press right on an analog stick to win a fighting game. Awww.

your tears are delicious. This is awesome.
Init! Spammers out in force tonight!

# 51 tissues250 @ 05/30/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Dude are you kidding us? You make another patch with uncalling features and dont fix those which are called by community every day!
Man, thoes issues are NOT east to fix. I think, absolutely not. There are many clinch problems in this game, it still issues since released the game. and there are many feedback forum not only here as official twitter, facebook, thier officail homepage for feedback of EA UFC2. I think, many ppl complaints about the clinch game.

# 52 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Aw. Look at the people mad that they'll have to do something more then constantly press right on an analog stick to win a fighting game. Awww.

your tears are delicious. This is awesome.
This is just going to force people to get even better at the clinch. It says punches, not knees. Right now you can keep the AI from transitioning just by kneeing it over and over lol.

# 53 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Are you going to fix bug with involuntary dash after quick sway?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...way-click.html

Are you going to buff sways and fix them?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ke-dashes.html

Are you going give us Players meet in PSN?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sn-ea-ufc.html

(optional) Are you going to improve DS4 color light?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ner-color.html

Are you going to buff MT whips by fixing blocking its knee (return it to UFC 1)?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ow-ti-fix.html

Other than the light, I dont think any of these are "easy" to fix. Even in some of those threads you post, the "community" doesnt completely agree all of those are issues anyway.

# 54 SUGATA @ 05/30/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Man, thoes issues are NOT east to fix. I think, absolutely not. There are many clinch problems in this game, it still issues since released the game. and there are many feedback forum not only here as official twitter, facebook, thier officail homepage for feedback of EA UFC2. I think, many ppl complaints about the clinch game.
1) those i listed are easy to fix. I dont see any cause that make it difficult

2) I agree about Clinch problems.
Also here is one for ex which even does not been responded:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...h-denials.html

# 55 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
This is just going to force people to get even better at the clinch. It says punches, not knees. Right now you can keep the AI from transitioning just by kneeing it over and over lol.
Aslong as its balanced you can spam it as much as you like, only because it has been overpowered so was too easy for people to get flukey wins.

# 56 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
Aslong as its balanced you can spam it as much as you like, only because it has been overpowered so was too easy for people to get flukey wins.
These changes are only going to effect being in the clinch, and punishing attempts. If you aren't successfully denying clinch attempts now or blocking, this won't help you very much. At least not where it is the most deadly.

# 57 SUGATA @ 05/30/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Other than the light, I dont think any of these are "easy" to fix. Even in some of those threads you post, the "community" doesnt completely agree all of those are issues anyway.
1) Here is my explanation about HOW to fix Sways:
It can be fixed by patch:
1 issue - give speed bonus: it was made by patch in UFC 1
2 issue - stop sway and strike from its final/current position w/o returning to initial: may be needed some mid animations, but possible with add a separate hands animation to final body position w/o special mo-cap (could be a bit fuzzy but functional for gameplay)
3 issue - clear input buffer (dashes/side steps) after Sway execution starts: easy by patch, it is a bug.
4 issue - shorten LS Dead zone: easy by patch (many games has Dead zone slider, such a slider exist in EA UFC 2 but this is not visible and pre-setuped by devs on control settings.

2) All my "issues" are issue not by "community" agreement but the statistics.
For ex, How often do you see successful and rewarded Sways now in top fights?

# 58 SMOKEZERO @ 05/30/16 06:49 PM
The biggest issue with the clinch has always been the very short path to victory with little to no room for defensive error. It turns into a mini game worse than the submission mini game and is easily the most dangerous aspect of the game. Statistically comparing for the sake of realism to actual fighting, the game is way overpowered.

# 59 Bjmoore_35 @ 05/30/16 06:53 PM
Quote:
We have 3 top 10 fighters as Gamechangers and all 3 of them thought there were issues with the clinch. They were pretty much in line with most of the people who posted about issues in the the last LEC.
Oh really? & who may these 3 fighters be?

# 60 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjmoore_35
Oh really? & who may these 3 fighters be?
Probably ZHunter, MTS2, and ZombieRommel.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.