Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Punches in single collar clinch will no longer interrupt transitions
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt
  • Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt
  • Reduced the damage of Thai knees slightly
  • Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown
  • Fixed bug that made takedowns in some clinch positions too easy, and others too hard
  • Added new grapple momentum scenarios to a few ground and clinch transitions
  • Gave fighters who have the sitout sweep in sprawl the option to also perform the half guard escape
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more difficult
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2 to fix exploits and enforce pre-emptive denial penalty
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction
  • AI will now use submission reversals
  • Some fighter AI's tuned to use submissions and takedowns more or less as appropriate to their real life counterparts
  • Blocking and stamina management improvements for pro AI
This post will get updated as more details are revealed.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Which is why I'm estatic. I'm okay in the clinch. I can work it, but I feel like my standup is high level, and most of the high level people I have played in ranked have no clue what they're doing on the feet, if you can stay out of the clinch. Now I get a bigger counter window and can deny mid strike? Oh yes. Oh yes.
Yeah I think most people will atleast deny one attempt during fights and now they can truly punish the person.

Plus knee power reduced which will help no end and mid strike denies boooooom, clinchers are going to be getting walked down.

# 62 EarvGotti @ 05/30/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjmoore_35
I'd like to say that I think all of these changes are unnecessary. I am a top 10 fighter in the world in my opinion (14 in championships) and I don't see any problems in the clinch other then the unblockable knee when your head is all the way red. I honestly think it's incredibly unfair to make these changes. Not only have you made it easier to block the clinch in general, but now you are rewarding fighters who go into fights holding R2 and up. This update will not only make one trick pony fighters not have to learn the whole game to be good, but it will discredit all of the competitors who put their time in to learn the clinch and be successful at it. A group of angry players who get beat in the clinch should not be rewarded for complaining about it. Another thing; making it to where strikes do not block transitions in the clinch will now make it impossible to deny fake transitions. This will make it to where you can literally fake going in to Muai Thai position 12 times in a row with no stamina loss, and then easily complete a takedown with not much that your opponent can do. My honest opinion is that the clinch and ground are almost as good as they are going to get. The only thing that could possibly need work is the striking in this game and I'm not even complaining about that. I use all 3 aspects of the game because I have put the time in and successfully mastered all of them.
BJ I ran into you during the last LEC and you instantly went for the clinch. Didn't even wait a second. Its obvious that you use this tactic to rack up wins and don't want it to be fixed. These changes are excellent and will balance out the game. Its MMA, adapt.

# 63 Bjmoore_35 @ 05/30/16 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Probably ZHunter, MTS2, and ZombieRommel.
Well I don't think I've fought Hunter. But I remember fighting MTS2 3 times in live events. One of the fights where a clinch knee stunned him and I finished him with a combo. He complained about it afterwards saying it was OP but in reality I have no problems getting finished in the clinch. Same for Zombie, these are players that are barely in the top 100 and that don't play the game that much.

# 64 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 07:04 PM
Quote:
Zhunter definitely he is class. Him and Kenetic are very good.

MTS2 definitely is not.

# 65 Bjmoore_35 @ 05/30/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
BJ I ran into you during the last LEC and you instantly went for the clinch. Didn't even wait a second. Its obvious that you use this tactic to rack up wins and don't want it to be fixed. These changes are excellent and will balance out the game. Its MMA, adapt.
No it's not obvious that I rack up wins. It's obvious that I exploit everyone else's weakness. Don't discredit me for learning the game by changing it and rewarding the people that are lazy and only one to strike like an arcade game. It's MMA, adapt

# 66 SUGATA @ 05/30/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
I dont remember MTS posts, very few posts from Rommel, and only Zhunter make some posts.
Also i dont see posts from them about how to CHANGE the current game, their wish lists. I see guides, tutorials but not issues and how to fix.

We need more Game _CHANGERS_ (not game trainers), which can (and will) to talk with devs directly about game's problems /issues and how to fix!
Because it seems that devs are repeating the same errors over and over (it looks like they dont know enough what and how we need).

# 67 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 07:05 PM
The clinch can be a chess match. That is what was cool about it.

# 68 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Well I don't think I've fought Hunter. But I remember fighting MTS2 3 times in live events. One of the fights where a clinch knee stunned him and I finished him with a combo. He complained about it afterwards saying it was OP but in reality I have no problems getting finished in the clinch. Same for Zombie, these are players that are barely in the top 100 and that don't play the game that much.
Yeah he complains about that all the time but always uses the straight, body kick over and over.

# 69 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I dont remember MTS posts, very few posts from Rommel, and only Zhunter make some posts.
Also i dont see posts from them about how to CHANGE the current game, their wish lists. I see guides, tutorials but not issues and how to fix.

We need more Game CHANGERS, which can to talk with devs directly!
They do talk to the devs directly. Which is likely why you don't see them post as much. Besides the fact that people blame them as well like the devs. I have questioned some of the decisions myself. Striking being one of them.

# 70 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 07:09 PM
Quote:
No it's not obvious that I rack up wins. It's obvious that I exploit everyone else's weakness. Don't discredit me for learning the game by changing it and rewarding the people that are lazy and only one to strike like an arcade game. It's MMA, adapt
You are abit of a spammer though.

# 71 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/30/16 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearhead24
@GAMEPLAYDEVUFC How Do you guys plan to compensate what you screwed up on that lightweight packs except avoiding answers on Twitter? That's the only thing I and a lot of others care atm.
Can you elaborate? I haven't touched this game in 3 weeks. Probably have a bunch of packs waiting

# 72 SUGATA @ 05/30/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
They do talk to the devs directly. Which is likely why you don't see them post as much. Besides the fact that people blame them as well like the devs. I have questioned some of the decisions myself. Striking being one of them.
Who blame GCs??
Who blame devs??

I personally blame devs only for _ignoring_ our requests again and again. This very frustrate to spend so much time on creating issues threads (w how to fix) and did not recieve any answer so many issue threads w/o any response.

Some times i think to go in read only "mode" and dont knock on the closed door - because it is really frustrating.

# 73 ZHunter1990 @ 05/30/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
Im on Xbox.

I could care less about the clinch changes. If someone clinches me Im fine with it because I can get it to the ground. If not, thats fine too, I'll shoot a single leg.

I think the SC entries were a bit too unpunishable, especially for repeated attempts. So maybe this will balance it out some. But as for the knee nerf in thai, I dont think it was needed. Im impartial to the punches no longer interupting transitions in SC.

In short, Im not for or against the changes. But I could see how a striker would become very irritated by someone just spamming the Single Collar entry.

# 74 SMOKEZERO @ 05/30/16 07:14 PM
Quote:
The clinch can be a chess match. That is what was cool about it.
... Yep, 1 transition and 1 strike away from "check mate". Bobby Fischer in the house!

# 75 ZHunter1990 @ 05/30/16 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA

We need more Game _CHANGERS_ (not game trainers), which can (and will) to talk with devs directly about game's problems /issues and how to fix!
Because it seems that devs are repeating the same errors over and over (it looks like they dont know enough what and how we need).

Sugata, GCers cannot share what or how we want things changed, because if those things are acted upon, we could potentially be breaking NDA by posting it publicly. Rest assured the large majority of the GCers read the forum topics here. That doesnt mean each topic listed will be fixed though.

# 76 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/30/16 07:17 PM
Any AI news?

# 77 Bjmoore_35 @ 05/30/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Im on Xbox.

I could care less about the clinch changes. If someone clinches me Im fine with it because I can get it to the ground. If not, thats fine too, I'll shoot a single leg.

I think the SC entries were a bit too unpunishable, especially for repeated attempts. So maybe this will balance it out some. But as for the knee nerf in thai, I dont think it was needed. Im impartial to the punches no longer interupting transitions in SC.

In short, Im not for or against the changes. But I could see how a striker would become very irritated by someone just spamming the Single Collar entry.
True. There is also a fine line between going for the clinch over and over again every opportunity they get and just going for it at opportune times. When someone has Robbie lawler and can throw a six piece body jab followed by a power shot and get a knockdown I'd like to grab them and slow them down. I also sometimes come out and grapple up immediately to get a feel for my opponents skill. The clinch game is no worse then the leg kick combo that almost every compotent player in the game throws.

# 78 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
... Yep, 1 transition and 1 strike away from "check mate". Bobby Fischer in the house!
Second best post of the thread....

Closely followed by your last one few pages ago.

# 79 Bigg Cee @ 05/30/16 07:19 PM
any news on arm traps from full mount GPD???

# 80 Webbington @ 05/30/16 07:46 PM
- Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt #patchspoilers

- Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt #patchspoilers

- Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike #patchspoilers

These three sound great to me. I fought someone last night who would attempt clinches over and over. I'd deny a clinch, land a body kick, but then he'd go for another clinch and it wouldn't allow me to block it despite landing a flush kick to his body first.

Looks good so far.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.