Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Don't look now, the Kansas City Royals at 29 wins and 22 losses are in first place in the American League Central Division.

The defending World Champs have been highly challenged by injury this year, but they are continuing to win because they have a deep farm system and a winning culture built from within.

Quote:
"Third baseman Mike Moustakas, left fielder Alex Gordon and catcher Sal Perez are in various states of disrepair. Their replacements include two 27-year-olds who recently made their major-league debuts, Whit Merrifield and Brett Eibner, a highly regarded third-base prospect, Cheslor Cuthbert, and oft-overlooked backup catcher Drew Butera.

And somehow, the Royals are back in first place."

With the Royals' continued success (along with several other top clubs who have built their way to titles), you can't help but wonder how good MLB The Show 16 captures the build to win long-form strategy.

The Royals success was built by developing a winning culture from the ground up, literally building a culture to win within the minor leagues which eventually translated to the majors after long and brutal seasons of losing.

Do you think The Show captures this aspect of franchise management well? What do you think the game could do to improve the long-term build to win strategy?

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/01/16 12:02 PM
And now, Eibner went down last night.

# 2 augmental @ 06/01/16 11:11 PM
Ya, I couldn't believe it! The injury bug has been brutal!

# 3 KBLover @ 06/02/16 01:29 AM
Given how tame injuries are compared to real baseball, I don't think the game has a lot to do until injuries can hit hard and furious. Even on 10 injury slider, I generally don't see injury reports that rival what some teams are dealing with in the real game.

Some seasons in one of my franchises (with max injury slider), I might have one ML player on the DL at a time. That's easy to absorb. Especially if you play your games since injuries seem to be less in played games.

The injuries I'm having in my other franchise are such a refreshing change. It's something I'm happy to have to deal with because it's a realistic challenge. Why the big difference, I don't know. Maybe I'm just "unlucky" in that franchise.

Basically, I think the injury slider should be more powerful. Get more injuries at 5, people can always lower it, and if you're like me, you can still raise it.

Of course, we'll need more players in our organizations as well. That's probably the other limiting factor.

# 4 dtlm6 @ 06/04/16 11:53 AM
I find that injuries were handled very well in this year's game.

# 5 spencerk10 @ 06/09/16 11:25 AM
Welp.........

# 6 Ghost Of The Year @ 06/12/16 06:39 PM
Talk about a jinxthread, KC's longest losing streak since 2013 over.
Royals 4
ChiSox 1

# 7 spencerk10 @ 06/14/16 02:36 PM
Royals need Gordon back in the worst way. Dyson is an automatic out and Fuentes (besides last night) Isn't a big leaguer.

Just need to survive, and not have the worst road record in the AL, which they do.

# 8 HozAndMoose @ 06/14/16 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerk10
Royals need Gordon back in the worst way. Dyson is an automatic out and Fuentes (besides last night) Isn't a big leaguer.

Just need to survive, and not have the worst road record in the AL, which they do.
Dyson is an auto out? No that would be Escobar and left handed hitting Morales. At least Dyson has an OBP above .300.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.