Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I just don't understand the reasoning for being able to pre-emptively deny standing takedowns when you can't deny early on the ground or in the clinch where at least it would be at worst a 50/50 guess. TD's are denied the same every time, no guessing. Which means I can throw a spin kick then immediately hold R2+RS down and block any well timed TD. Now that it's common knowledge the TD situation is quickly going to get worse.
my friend I made a thread about this on the ea forums, and since we been here so many ppl have complained but nothing. I JUST DONT GET IT!

There's been a few key things I have said about fixing or adjusting but nothing. Arm Traps and zero stamina deny.

I don't know what direction they are trying for this game, it's a mess and it's everything. Even the ground game has its WTF moments.

# 82 Phobia @ 06/02/16 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfTiger
Like I said; it doesn't help. They have been in denial about these problems since the game came out. Pretending not to know there is a real issue after the 7th patch is just not good business.
It absolutely helps, because then Fish would check to make sure it wasn't his controller THUS ruling out a controller problem and opening up further research into the problem.

# 83 Phobia @ 06/02/16 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfTiger
GREAT! Now they can fix it.

More great insight here Golf, keep it up.

Spoiler

# 84 Webbington @ 06/02/16 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.

What does this mean?
Does anyone know what this means?

I'm not even entirely sure I know what they mean by submission reversals.

# 85 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 05:41 PM
Also what drives me crazy and I have said this over and over. They need to fix the refs standing in the same spot for the last 15-20 secs of a fight when you get off from the ground, the refs stay in one spot and last night me and some person online were throwing punches and kicks from inside the refs body till he disappeared altogether.

I want this game to be great but there nothing fixing the lil details. The clinch was fine before patch, sure it needed some nerfs but just fixing the clinch only and not messing with TD with ZERO STAMINA is a pure shame.

What's the point of a forum if the main issues don't get fixed or become worse. ughhhhhh... I'm pretty bummed out on this patch.

BTW I tried AI again, and it's a mess still no matter what I do. I might as well just let them flash rock me till my head is red then start to fight for more of a challenge.

# 86 Phobia @ 06/02/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Also what drives me crazy and I have said this over and over. They need to fix the refs standing in the same spot for the last 15-20 secs of a fight when you get off from the ground, the refs stay in one spot and last night me and some person online were throwing punches and kicks from inside the refs body till he disappeared altogether.

I want this game to be great but there nothing fixing the lil details. The clinch was fine before patch, sure it needed some nerfs but just fixing the clinch only and not dl messing with TD with ZERO STAMINA is a pure shame.

What's the point of a forum if the main issues don't get fixed or become worse. ughhhhhh... I'm pretty bummed out on this patch.

BTW I tried AI again, and it's a mess still no matter what I do. I might as well just let them flash rock me till my head is red then start to fight for more of a challenge.
I'm excited to give it a go tonight. You on PS4?

# 87 chapmandachamp @ 06/02/16 05:46 PM
is it just me or does finish the fight seem smoother?
and i dk what ppl r complaining about this patch is fine!

# 88 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/02/16 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
New controller.
Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear, but we've done some preliminary testing and the only way we can get the symptons you see is by holding down RT all the time.

The controller vibrating was the nail in the coffin.

That's not to say there isn't a bug, but with the frequency you're seeing it, and the inability for us to see it, and the fact that no one else has seen it, I think it's very likely a problem on your end.

Again, I could be wrong and I'll be asking the game changers to keep an eye out for this as well.

But there's not enough evidence to the contrary at the moment.

And besides that, if we can't reproduce it there's literally nothing we can do anyway.

Sorry.

# 89 manliest_Man @ 06/02/16 05:49 PM
This is my latest game on this patch and this just happened:
https://youtu.be/zErnlIaSKus

Diaz overall Stamina pretty much the same as mine.
I block his clinch attempt,so i got counter strike advantage,i hit him with jab straight,then his hook cancels my next strike somehow and my stamina gets punished,making me want to lean,where diaz unloads 1000 hooks to my body,with 0 stamina and knocking me out through the block,i eventually let got L2 and start holding block,but to no effect..

12 spammed hook strikes,unblockable and uninteruptable by nate diaz with 60% health

# 90 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 05:52 PM
So far XB1 is fine. Like I said, I kept noticing I was signed out on my profile while still able to pull up online info for games. This very well could be a different thing altogether with either Sony, or my connection from my router to my PS4. Could possibly be my PS4 since I just got this one back from having my old one serviced. This one looks brand new though. Not a scratch or lick of dust. That is why I am playing on XB1 to make sure it isn't patch related.

# 91 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/02/16 06:05 PM
Quote:
I don't know how long we all been saying this, this should have been fixed, I just had some guy online stay near the cage spam super man punches off the cage with Eddie Alvarez and still deny all my takedowns with little to no stamina, then he spams body punches till he hits empty and moves backwards all while he still blocks my takedowns or deny my clinch att. ughhhhhhhhhhh...
The game is incredibly balanced. What I keep being told.

# 92 Webbington @ 06/02/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.

What does this mean?
Anyone????

# 93 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Being able to not have your transitions interrupted by punches in the clinch is already making a huge difference against guys who clinch all fight.
all they have to do is just use knees to block your transition. Pretty much clinch is the same way before patch if you don't wanna deny and just want to stop a transition. This time around all they did was just make punches not stop it.

# 94 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Anyone????
I think this is to do the sub reversal from someone trying to stand up from sprawl.

# 95 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
all they have to do is just use knees to block your transition. Pretty much clinch is the same way before patch if you don't wanna deny and just want to stop a transition. This time around all they did was just make punches not stop it.
Exactly lol.

# 96 SUGATA @ 06/02/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
maybe I've just played so much I've seen it happen a lot --- or it's the pre-empt --- I think it should be a 0 frame denial window

but you know what, if there was another rule where no pre-denials if your stamina is under 20% that would be awesome

If someone legit stops my TD in 6 frames (with no predenial!) even if they have no stam and I have full...I'd be fine w/ that I guess haha they got me, they got me good

but 6 frames PLUS pre-denial (not sure how many frames a pre-denial can possibly last) seems a bit overboard when it's 90+ stam vs < 10% (or even <25%), gives them a bit too easy of an escape for massively mismanaging their stamina IMO and that can make a huge difference in close fight

Pre-denial in Standup may last ALL the time W/O any penalties and stamina drain.
I think there must to be at least Stamina drain for holding Grapple block.

But again in 3rd time i want to repeat, Guys why it does not draw yr attention??

Do you think that we can not perform pre-emptive deny by Grapple block IN CLINCH, but can perform pre-emptive Reversal w/o any penalties and stamina loss (which is much more dangerous than simple GB) IN CLINCH - is a right thing with good balance?

Again, pay yr attention to it: In Clinch you can pre-eptively holding, w/o stamina drain, w/o any penalties just by HOLDING L2+RS to have activated all the time a Reversal vs opponent's TD/Throw (by Submission, by TD, by adv Transition)!
Why only i am alone still thinking that this is not right?.....

Spoiler

How to fix:
1) always where we have Grapple HUD (Clinch and Ground, ecxept only Stand up) change input for reversals to L2+R2+RS and all other penalties of standard Grapple block (blank GB, Wrong GB - penatlies).
I.e. ALWAYS Reversals must to have the same penalties and features as Grapple block(GB). GB is different ONLY between Stand up and Clinch/Ground. So reversals input must to be different ONLY between Standup and Clinch/Ground! This must to be the rule of balance.
2) In Stand up the only we need to change is to make a Stamina drain for activated GB. No Blank GB or Wrong GB pentalties are required.

# 97 SUGATA @ 06/02/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
Anyone????
Red text in red please )
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
GRAPPLING MOVE REVERSAL (GM Reversal):
- some fighters have GM Reversal (Transition, TD/Throw, Submission) for countering some opponent’s GM (usually TD/Throw attempts); I CAN REVEAL what Reversals has my fighter by holding L2/L1/R2 and possible Reversals will be displayed on my Grapple HUD:
Example: in Practice Stand up on distance perform GM (for ex TD) by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves; do the same in Clinch; do the same on Ground.
- may be listed in Move list in Submission > “Reversal” word (for SR) OR may not be listed at all
- Reversal window is different for Stand up/Clinch/Ground
- (may holding Reversal input pre-emptively)
- is instant (don’t need to fill TM), so is undeniable.

1. TAKEDOWN REVERSAL (TR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch)
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Takedown/Throw
- Reversal window = 50% opponent’s filled TM
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves
(may holding)L2 + (may holding)RS Left/Right - perform Takedown reversal as a TD counter. POSSIBLE pre-emptive input, but then I will start my TD attempt; no Stamina drain.

2. SUBMISSION REVERSAL (SR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch)
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Submission
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves
(may holding)L2 + (may holding)RS Down - perform Submission reversal as a TD counter. POSSIBLE pre-emptive input; no Stamina drain.
For fighter with SR only for one type of TD (for ex only for Single leg TD) against opponent with both type of TDs (single leg and double leg): (holding) RSê + [as TD begins](click)L2 against TD available to SR or R2 against TD not available to SR.

3. SUBMISSION REVERSAL (SR) vs Transition:
- vs opponent’s Transition from sub Sprawl to Clinch (Over under); (Guillotine).
- vs opponent’s Transition from sub Half guard to dom Back sitting; (Knee bar).
- counter opponent’s Transition attempt by Submission
- in Practice:
[BEFORE Submission reversal moment] (may holding)R2+L2, and (click) RS in indicated direction [at Submission reversal moment, i.e. as opponent’s Grapple Move execution starts] - perform Submission reversal as a Transition counter. NO pre-emptive input (all the same as GB, will be Blank GB and Wrong GB).

4. TRANSITION REVERSAL (TR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch). Example: vs Single/Double leg TD by Transition to Over Under clinch
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Transition
- Reversal window = 90% opponent’s filled TM in Stand up; and 10 frames in mid of filled TM in Clinch (in Clinch window is very small window so better [just his TD animation begins] (holding) L1+RS)
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves OR may not appear but available
(may holding)L1 + (may holding)RS Left/Right - perform Transition as a TD counter.

# 98 Donnie_Brasco_FR @ 06/02/16 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
This is my latest game on this patch and this just happened:
https://youtu.be/zErnlIaSKus

Diaz overall Stamina pretty much the same as mine.
I block his clinch attempt,so i got counter strike advantage,i hit him with jab straight,then his hook cancels my next strike somehow and my stamina gets punished,making me want to lean,where diaz unloads 1000 hooks to my body,with 0 stamina and knocking me out through the block,i eventually let got L2 and start holding block,but to no effect..

12 spammed hook strikes,unblockable and uninteruptable by nate diaz with 60% health
It's entirely your fault, you played bad on this extract.
You should just guard your body instead of throw sway, it's pity because your opponent looked like very bad.
Diaz has Body Snatcher (Level 2) so dont mess with him!

# 99 SMOKEZERO @ 06/02/16 07:23 PM
Please add Hector Lombard to Middleweight, Donald Cerrone to Welterweight, and Renan Barao to Featherweight. These are high profile fighters that should have priority. Heck, McGregor was added to Welterweight in a very short amount of time. I'm baffled these guys haven't been added to the mentioned weight classes. It's a major bummer we're also missing out on these particular Live Events. Can this become a priority for the next content update/patch? It would be much appreciated, thanks!

# 100 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear, but we've done some preliminary testing and the only way we can get the symptons you see is by holding down RT all the time.

The controller vibrating was the nail in the coffin.

That's not to say there isn't a bug, but with the frequency you're seeing it, and the inability for us to see it, and the fact that no one else has seen it, I think it's very likely a problem on your end.

Again, I could be wrong and I'll be asking the game changers to keep an eye out for this as well.

But there's not enough evidence to the contrary at the moment.

And besides that, if we can't reproduce it there's literally nothing we can do anyway.

Sorry.
It is a new controller, and I looked and it doesn't pop all the way out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.