Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/02/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
It is a new controller, and I looked and it doesn't pop all the way out.
Bingo!

Good to hear.

# 102 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/02/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
all they have to do is just use knees to block your transition. Pretty much clinch is the same way before patch if you don't wanna deny and just want to stop a transition. This time around all they did was just make punches not stop it.
Yeah, but my worry about catching an elbow that drops me will be lessened I think. I never had a problem with knees to the body stopping transitions.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 103 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Please add Hector Lombard to Middleweight, Donald Cerrone to Welterweight, and Renan Barao to Featherweight. These are high profile fighters that should have priority. Heck, McGregor was added to Welterweight in a very short amount of time. I'm baffled these guys haven't been added to the mentioned weight classes. It's a major bummer we're also missing out on these particular Live Events. Can this become a priority for the next content update/patch? It would be much appreciated, thanks!
yup, it's the lil details that make a game stand out. I don't know why they never did this either.

# 104 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Bingo!

Good to hear.
Me too..... Can't believe how cheap these PS4 controllers are. I just got this back like 3 weeks ago.

# 105 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 07:32 PM
Quote:
Me too..... Can't believe how cheap these PS4 controllers are. I just got this back like 3 weeks ago.
PS4 controllers are the cheapest controller I have ever used in my life. it almost feels like a scam in what Sony is doing with these controllers and leaving them so they break so easily. The rubber is crap and the plastic triggers are crap.

Worst controller ever made. Hands Down!!!!

# 106 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
PS4 controllers are the cheapest controller I have ever used in my life. it almost feels like a scam in what Sony is doing with these controllers and leaving them so they break so easily. The rubber is crap and the plastic triggers are crap.

Worst controller ever made. Hands Down!!!!
Definitely. I even told them I wish they still made them like PS2 controllers. My PS2 controller still works, and it is old as hell. This controller, the button will pop back sometimes. Which is why I didn't notice it was the controller, and it is a new one. Didn't think it was that. Egg on my face for sure.

# 107 chapmandachamp @ 06/02/16 07:36 PM
sorry fish but the controllers r awful lol. i have sum that work fine on certain games like bf4 but if i try rocket league or gta the accel is lame due to faulty controller.

# 108 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
sorry fish but the controllers r awful lol. i have sum that work fine on certain games like bf4 but if i try rocket league or gta the accel is lame due to faulty controller.
I've never had one break this quick. I sent in my controller from when I bought the console in early 2014. I'm at a loss for words lol.

# 109 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 07:41 PM
Quote:
Definitely. I even told them I wish they still made them like PS2 controllers. My PS2 controller still works, and it is old as hell. This controller, the button will pop back sometimes. Which is why I didn't notice it was the controller, and it is a new one. Didn't think it was that. Egg on my face for sure.
There's no egg in your face, even if your controller is faulty, it still don't make up for the input lag when trying to grapple or the delay in strikes I feel now, even at the lower and faster weight Divisions.

I tried reset my router but to me I feel like everything is sluggish now. I dunno, I guess I'll just go back and play ranked matches some more to see if it gets better.

# 110 linny @ 06/02/16 07:43 PM
So they're never going to fix matchmaking I take it

# 111 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 07:46 PM
Quote:
There's no egg in your face, even if your controller is faulty, it still don't make up for the input lag when trying to grapple or the delay in strikes I feel now, even at the lower and faster weight Divisions.

I tried reset my router but to me I feel like everything is sluggish now. I dunno, I guess I'll just go back and play ranked matches some more to see if it gets better.
It does still feel sluggish. That hasn't changed. I actually had one match that it completely skipped the replay. It was a weird finish too. I'll upload it.

# 112 Phobia @ 06/02/16 07:49 PM
Tested the patch and nothing really felt worse than before. I played couple fights online and went 50/50. I did notice like mentioned here couple times, all the guys I faced went for body hook spam. It was pretty easy to defend but my lord its gets flat out stupid with parry.....parry....parry....parry....I understand parries happen in real life but no where remotely close to this extent. Its always the primary way to create offense, parry then spam....Wait....parry then spam. It completely breaks immersion because it looks so bad.

I suggest everyone go out, find a buddy and play a NO parry match. Its enjoyable as hell, its looks soooo much better, and the gameplay doesn't seem to suffer at all.

As of this very moment, stamina and parries are my two biggest complaints. I fought a couple AI pro fights, still won to easy but the worse part, 5 round fight both fighters were sitting at over 3/4 stamina remaining. Online its not as bad because people are throwing 300 punches in a three round fight BUT they wouldn't if there was a direct penalty to it.

So my quick take

1) Remove Parry pleaseeeee

2) Rid us of gaming rooms filled with the clicky clack sounds of nonstop controller button pressing. Stamina needs much heavier tax.

# 113 Phobia @ 06/02/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
It does still feel sluggish. That hasn't changed. I actually had one match that it completely skipped the replay. It was a weird finish too. I'll upload it.
I lost a fight online that I completely dominated. It only went to the ground in the 2nd round the rest was spent standing and trading. I controlled the entire fight by a large margin. Decision hit and first thing I hear "29-28 Aldo", I put the controller down............how in the world will this end up a split. No but worse, I lose on the split decision. I didn't get video of the fight but did get a screen grab of the score card. I'll add it later when I'm get the envy to start back up the PS4.

Weirdest decision I've seen in the game so far.

# 114 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 08:00 PM
No clue if I accidentally pressed a button or not, but I wanted to see the replay so I didn't try to.

# 115 Webbington @ 06/02/16 08:01 PM
I just played 5-6 fights and everything feels great to me. Obviously with more fights and more time invested in it I'm sure I'll start to notice some things, but a few fights in everything still feels fine. I'm not sure why some of complaining that this patch messed the game up, but I suppose there's always a good amount of people complaining every time every patch is dropped so it is what it is I guess.

tl;dr - patch feels fine to me.

# 116 Webbington @ 06/02/16 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I lost a fight online that I completely dominated. It only went to the ground in the 2nd round the rest was spent standing and trading. I controlled the entire fight by a large margin. Decision hit and first thing I hear "29-28 Aldo", I put the controller down............how in the world will this end up a split. No but worse, I lose on the split decision. I didn't get video of the fight but did get a screen grab of the score card. I'll add it later when I'm get the envy to start back up the PS4.

Weirdest decision I've seen in the game so far.
This happens to me on a somewhat regular basis. Fights that don't go to the ground at all and I not only land more but am more efficient in all three rounds and somehow I still lose the decision.

The last game actually had better decisions, which is frustrating, but nothing we can do about it. Just have to try and finish fights as often as possible.

# 117 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
This happens to me on a somewhat regular basis. Fights that don't go to the ground at all and I not only land more but am more efficient in all three rounds and somehow I still lose the decision.

The last game actually had better decisions, which is frustrating, but nothing we can do about it. Just have to try and finish fights as often as possible.
Last game had great decisions with a few bad ones now and then, but this game it's all over the place.

# 118 Webbington @ 06/02/16 08:10 PM
Quote:
Last game had great decisions with a few bad ones now and then, but this game it's all over the place.
I just had a fight yesterday or the day before where I knocked my opponent down in rounds 1 and 3, landed more in all three rounds and was more efficient in all three rounds, and I lost the decision.

There we no takedown or clinch attempts from either fighter. Just a completely inexplicable decision, but I've had several of those already.

# 119 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 08:17 PM
I like the patch. It totally changed the clinch, but can still be used. It does feel more balanced and fun. You can still get guys in it, and in some cases it actually is making it worse because people will still punch, and you can also kind of sneak strikes if you play it right. (no exploit, just misdirection)

# 120 Morgan Monkman @ 06/02/16 08:23 PM
When will you guys address the striking?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.