Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has posted another quick Madden NFL 17 video, this one featuring designer blitz improvements. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 PVarck31 @ 06/06/16 05:32 PM
They obviously weren't kidding about the improved zone play. I know a lot of people were skeptical about it, but I think this video shows it works.

# 42 DeuceDouglas @ 06/06/16 05:32 PM
A couple slowed down GIFs from the video.

# 43 Allball76 @ 06/06/16 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
There's apparently never been clipping in a videogame before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That coverage was tight , and the linemen slid nice with the DE ! And we're talking about clipping ?( In my AI Voice) clipping ?

# 44 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
Almost looks like 22 man trustep

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

It's not but man what a difference competent AI makes.

# 45 jfsolo @ 06/06/16 05:50 PM
Yep, when they can program the defenders to play with that refuse to stay blocked, hair on fire, get to the QB at all cost "mentality", that will be the biggest game changer on defense.

User QB's need to be sped up in their decision making a lot more, especially with the bird's eye camera view.

# 46 Allball76 @ 06/06/16 05:50 PM
Pass Coverage look so good in one clip tho ! But I Can't wait to see a great def play ! I'm thinking a great defence can dominate now ! Will this be like madden 2005 with Ray Lewis on the cover !BTW just getting excited and having fun at guessing we don't know how it turns out yet ! Attachment 120887

# 47 SolidSquid @ 06/06/16 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Only criticism I have here is the left guard. He steps to help the center, doesn't help him, 2 guys come towards his gap and he blocks the nose who beat his blocker. Doesn't effect the outcome of the play just looked goofy

# 48 Datninja619 @ 06/06/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
They obviously weren't kidding about the improved zone play. I know a lot of people were skeptical about it, but I think this video shows it works.
Agreed. Can't wait to see some other videos and Route concepts. I can see it being more difficult to determine a coverage by looking at one defender.

If I was looking at the slot corner of the Dix, I might have thought it was man by how they played.

Patiently waiting to see how drags routes play out with this new zone play

# 49 charter04 @ 06/06/16 06:06 PM
This looked good. It's going to make us really stay on our toes at QB. Have a hot route ready and will need to really be able to anticipate our throws. Seems like the days of players running wide open could be over. I just really hope the cheese crowd doesn't complain that it's to hard and EA caves and nerfs coverage.

# 50 mrprice33 @ 06/06/16 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

These are great. Thanks for doing this.

# 51 NateDogPack12 @ 06/06/16 06:38 PM
As to a point of moderation, this thread epitomizes a point that is good to bring home. If you come into threads time and time again to criticize, that's agenda posting against the TOS - especially when said criticism doesn't even relate to the video topic or is related to such a tertiary issue like clipping.

In short, there isn't anyone who won't criticize Madden that I've seen. Even some of the most ardent defenders will readily admit to the game's flaws. There ARE however, people who never have anything good to say.

As to the video, I'm excited to see the zone coverage concepts shining. I hope the man coverage is comparable such that zone isn't exclusively called by a lot of people.

The equipment upgrades are more impactful than what I've seen in recent years and I hope they make some of that crowd happy.

We are going to have a wonderful next couple of weeks as all the blogs are released.

# 52 jfsolo @ 06/06/16 06:39 PM
I hope some of the QB's who don't have Cam's gun can't get that pass in there like he did on that throw to Olsen. Having a QB who can't make all the throws should really, really matter with defense being tighten up the way it is now.

# 53 Junior Moe @ 06/06/16 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's not but man what a difference competent AI makes.

Damn! I was really hoping that made it in this year. Still, everything looks good enough and franchise info is on the docket.

# 54 NateDogPack12 @ 06/06/16 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Damn! I was really hoping that made it in this year. Still, everything looks good enough and franchise info is on the docket.
Wrong thread?

# 55 Junior Moe @ 06/06/16 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Wrong thread?
I was commenting on the actual video. I liked what I saw. I too thought it looked like everyone had true step from it. My bad for mentioning franchise mode I guess...

# 56 NateDogPack12 @ 06/06/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I was commenting on the actual video. I liked what I saw. I too thought it looked like everyone had true step from it. My bad for mentioning franchise mode I guess...
No, not your bad.... My bad. I missed price's post and just thought you meant to post in the AMA. My mistake.

EDIT: Sorry on Mobile

# 57 VinnyVegas28 @ 06/06/16 08:09 PM
I didn't see warping in that clip which is a nice addition. I like how the linebackers and dbs came out of their breaks. I just hope the devs won't tune too much because people complain how hard it is to move the ball..let's play football baby!

# 58 SolidSquid @ 06/06/16 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
I didn't see warping in that clip which is a nice addition. I like how the linebackers and dbs came out of their breaks. I just hope the devs won't tune too much because people complain how hard it is to move the ball..let's play football baby!

Love everything I've seen zone wise but this is my biggest fear. Upon release we KNOW there is gonna be a very vocal crowd whether they are sim or arcade players or casuals or vets who scream "zone defense is too good!" I hope they devs teach people how to read defenses instead of just nerfing it. I remember this one happening one year in NCAA

# 59 CatMan72 @ 06/06/16 08:32 PM
I think those cleats on Cam have the "CN1" logo?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 60 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/16 08:49 PM
How ready is Derek Anderson if Cam goes down right here?

Still, pretty cool video, really seeing the zone improvements in action. Pocket looked nice too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.