Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed their NHL 17 features, check them out below.

All-new game modes, new and deeper experiences in fan-favorite modes, and the best on-ice gameplay ever make NHL 17 the most exciting EA SPORTS NHL game to date.

Live out your hockey fantasy in all-new Draft Champions and World Cup of Hockey game modes, own every zone with authentic goaltenders, new Net Battles on offense and defense, and bone-crushing Collision Physics. Take your team to the next level in the most customizable EA SPORTS Hockey League ever and bring your game to life with dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations. No matter how you play the game, NHL 17 lets you shape your legacy on and off the ice.

LIVE YOUR HOCKEY FANTASY IN NEW GAME MODES
No matter how you play the game, NHL 17 delivers new modes to connect to your favorite teams and players. Feel the thrill of fantasy draft night with a star power team in Draft Champions, or play for national pride in the World Cup of Hockey. Be a GM fans experience the evolution of team management and take on the entire business in Franchise Mode, where you call the shots from concessions to arena relocation.

WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY
For the first time in EA SPORTS NHL history, play for national pride in a full International Tournament Mode. Featuring all of the official World Cup of Hockey teams, players and uniforms, take to the ice on a world stage as your national team and heroes.

NHL DRAFT CHAMPIONS
The new Draft Champions mode introduces the thrill of the fantasy draft with fast rounds of superstar picks. Each round challenges managers to choose the best players to build a balanced team. Immediately following your draft, take to the ice and fulfill your team’s potential by winning the Draft Championship.

FRANCHISE MODE
Fan-favorite Be a GM mode expands to complete control of an entire franchise with the addition of unique team owners. Control your favorite team and lead them to Stanley Cup glory by managing the team and the business behind the scenes. Make game-changing decisions from player personnel, ticket prices, marketing, arena upgrades, and even relocation – all from under the watchful eye of a demanding owner with challenging goals.

NEW WAYS TO PLAY FAN FAVORITE GAME MODES
Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level by progressing through ranks to unlock customization items and give your uniform a unique look, or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted. Celebrate career defining Moments in Be a Pro and immerse yourself into the most exciting Hockey Ultimate Team ever with the introduction of team Synergy, completely changing the way you build and play your dream team.

TAKE CONTROL OF THE ICE AND PLAY YOUR WAY
Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations that capture the excitement of scoring the biggest goals on game night.

AUTHENTIC GOALTENDING
With all-new Reactionary Save Intelligence goalies will process their position, angle and the scoring situation before committing to an athletic or technical save. New motion capture replicates the technical movements of goaltenders resulting in true-to-life stances and an ability to use their body to stay big and block versus making a reactionary save.

BATTLE FOR THE ICE
In hockey, games are won and lost in front of the net. All-new Net Battle physics give you the ability to own that crucial piece of real-estate on offense or defense. Authentic battles, tie-ups, and stick play makes the battle for position in front of the net exciting thrilling and bruising chess match.

CELEBRATE WITH STYLE
After you’ve buried the puck into the back of the net all eyes are on you. Bring glory and emotion to the spotlight and celebrate using dozens of all-new player celebrations that give you a variety of ways to rub that goal into your opponent’s face and bring the crowd to their feet.

OWN EVERY ZONE
Feel complete control over the ice with improved tape-to-tape passing, puck pick-ups, and pivots. Manage your gap on the puck carrier and break up passing plays on defense with more responsive skating and stopping. Enhanced hit mechanics allow you to choose whether you close someone off at the boards, push them off the puck, or deliver a devastating body-check.

SHARPEN YOUR GAME
Whether you’re competing online for elite status or lacing up the skates for the very first time, the next generation of the critically acclaimed Visual On-Ice Trainer and Coaching Feedback tools return to teach you the skills needed to sharpen your game. Unprecedented control over gameplay settings and sliders give you the tools to go from fast, action-packed gameplay all the way to the most authentic simulation so you can play the style of hockey you love.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ballgameronny @ 06/07/16 02:39 PM
I am very excited. I really enjoyed NHL 16 and sounds like they are continuing to improve their product with their newest installment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 spoofrice11 @ 06/07/16 03:14 PM
Creating Teams is one thing I really wanted.
But I also want to be able to create prospects for Franchise Mode. Needs to be like NBA 2K16, where you can make draft classes for every year.

# 23 steelerfan @ 06/07/16 03:48 PM
No GM Connected = no steelerfan.

With the caveat that if the gameplay is greatly improved and BAGM is worthwhile, I'd consider it. I'm not very hopeful for either though.

ECHL won't matter unless it is integrated into BAGM and 100 point sliders could be a welcomed addition, on a positive note.

# 24 MizzouRah @ 06/07/16 03:51 PM
Hope you can turn all the ticket/concessions crap off in BeaGM, I would rather stuff like goal totals added then messing with all that fluff.

Excited though.. as long as I can play and do GM stuff like signing and trading players and leaving the other stuff on auto, I'll be happy.

# 25 adayinthelife @ 06/07/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
No GM Connected = no steelerfan.

With the caveat that if the gameplay is greatly improved and BAGM is worthwhile, I'd consider it. I'm not very hopeful for either though.

ECHL won't matter unless it is integrated into BAGM and 100 point sliders could be a welcomed addition, on a positive note.
For sure, if they actually work/do anything. I'm not really sure that this day and age we'll ever have fully working sliders from any sports game. I don't think companies want to give users the ability to completely "break" the game with zero'd out sliders, given everyone is streaming and uploading stuff all the time. Then again, there are enough glitches and terrible videos out there to sink some products as they are I suppose...

# 26 robbie24 @ 06/07/16 06:42 PM
Sounds stinking rad to me! I love a deep offline franchise mode. I hope the create a team/arena stuff is not only for EASHL.

# 27 half-fast @ 06/07/16 07:52 PM
To me, all these new game modes reads as very little done to the AI. Game modes dont fix the broken gameplay. Facepalm ...

# 28 ianlast @ 06/07/16 08:56 PM
I hope "Authentic Goalies" means:

-Goalies actually have normal reaction times when it comes to anticipating lateral movement. Seriously, the number of cross-crease onetimers that get turned aside with a routine sliding butterfly save is absolutely ridiculous. It does sound like there will be more desperation (or "athletic") saves triggered in these situations.

-Goalies will overcommit once in awhile and get drawn out of position.

-Short side saves are now routine. Note that I'm not talking about on onetimers or dekes, I'm talking straight shots off the wing that are headed to the closest side of goal. You very rarely see today's NHL goalies give one up short side. Could probably say the same for five hole. Not often that you see an NHL goalie beat through the wickets, unless it's on a deke in close.

-No more animations where the goalie ends up on his butt! I know this has minimal impact on gameplay, but it drives me nuts! You maybe saw this from pro goalies in the 1980s and 90s, but not any more. ALL goalies are taught to keep their crouch low and the weight on the balls of their feet. If anything, you're more likely to see an NHL goalie flat on his stomach than sitting on the ice.

-Fix the puckhandling glitches where the puck warps into the net off the goalie's stick.

# 29 sooner1074 @ 06/07/16 10:04 PM
Yeah, half-fast there is no AI work either. I believe the whole sliders feature is there to cover-up this notion.

Typically Rammer and the gang usually go gangbusters for AI work. Not to mention they brag about presentation but not this installment.

# 30 MizzouRah @ 06/08/16 09:58 AM
100 point sliders... I can see it now

Passing accuracy 52 clicks
Pass reception 48 clicks

etc... lol.. take an hour just to click them all

# 31 ChubbyD @ 06/08/16 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
100 point sliders... I can see it now

Passing accuracy 52 clicks
Pass reception 48 clicks

etc... lol.. take an hour just to click them all
Then another hour to double check that they didn't change back.

Worth the time and effort, however, if they actually change the gameplay on the ice.

# 32 mikeq672 @ 06/08/16 11:14 AM
Also really hope there is going to be a separate reveal about gameplay, otherwise this game sounds like much of the same tired ****.

# 33 SocialAssassin @ 06/08/16 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
For sure, if they actually work/do anything. I'm not really sure that this day and age we'll ever have fully working sliders from any sports game. I don't think companies want to give users the ability to completely "break" the game with zero'd out sliders, given everyone is streaming and uploading stuff all the time. Then again, there are enough glitches and terrible videos out there to sink some products as they are I suppose...
I dunno, Madden's sliders seem to work decent enough?

# 34 Toewsface @ 06/08/16 08:40 PM
The franchise mode scares the hell out of me because i'm dreading the illogical owner goals they used in earlier versions that were pre-set and unmodifiable and not linked to actual team performance. It made certain franchises (including the Hawks) unplayable. You would always have the goal "get the first overall pick" and trading for it didn't count towards it. So you had to lose 50+ games and hope to win the lottery too or you'd be fired. Oh you won 3 straight Cups? Too bad, you're fired.

# 35 pm83 @ 06/09/16 04:49 PM
Tie-ups! ****ing finally.

# 36 Penaltybox4ever @ 06/09/16 08:06 PM
Since Be a Pro is one of my most played modes I was hoping they add the ability ti start in any league I want before getting drafted (Im swedish so...).
Much like FIFA career mode where you can start anywhere you want. Game face would've been nice addition also.
Guess I have to wait for that, maybe next gen.

Other than that, feels good Create a Team is back finally and arena editor seems interesting, might buy it just for that.

# 37 actionhank @ 06/10/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD
Then another hour to double check that they didn't change back.

Worth the time and effort, however, if they actually change the gameplay on the ice.
I'm really hoping they steal a page (and then a bunch more) from The Show's team, and add the ability to share sliders. I hate manually editing all of those things, having something not save right, and going and having to spend 20 minutes to do it all over again.

# 38 actionhank @ 06/10/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
Tie-ups! ****ing finally.
I'm not celebrating those just yet. They had tie-ups before, and all it turned into was the AI sucking you into an annoying tie-up animation that you couldn't fight against, even if you didn't have the puck. I would be trying to skate to the corner and retrieve the puck, only to get a battle with a defender as my reward.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.