Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new commentary team featuring Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and Charles Davis (color commentary and analysis) will replace Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in Madden NFL 17. The team will be able to add new commentary to the game throughout the entire season.

Quote:
Today EA Tiburon revealed the new commentary team that will be calling the games in Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch. This year’s game also features the opportunity to add commentary updates throughout the NFL season on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

Brandon Gaudin will be joining the Big Ten Network as a play-by-play announcer this fall after being the Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since 2013. Additionally, he has been named the lead college football play-by-play voice for Westwood One Sports, and will also call occasional NFL games for the network. Gaudin will continue to serve as one of the voices for Westwood One’s coverage of men’s basketball, including conference championship week and the NCAA Tournament.

Charles Davis is best known for his work on the NFL Network and NFL on FOX. This past season he could be seen providing analysis each week during NFL on FOX broadcasts, as well as providing extensive coverage of the NFL Draft on NFL Network. Davis is known for his meticulous and detailed knowledge of the NFL, which he will bring to the Madden NFL 17 broadcast booth.

Read more about the new Madden NFL 17 commentary team in the official blog.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 kehlis @ 06/15/16 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Kanobi, how do you do this for football, your own setup? Gamepass doesn't let you watch live, and I didn't think they had radio overlay like mlb.

He probably just mutes his TV and syncs the radio to the TV.

# 202 aguero90 @ 06/15/16 01:25 PM
Yeah, that's what I do for every game, lol, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something!

# 203 jpdavis82 @ 06/17/16 10:41 PM
The ea play video thread was closed for some reason so I thought I would post this here.
https://youtu.be/3LtOUhAeHVU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 204 Cowboy008 @ 06/18/16 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The ea play video thread was closed for some reason so I thought I would post this here.

Some good info on the kicking game.

# 205 PVarck31 @ 06/18/16 12:44 AM
Quote:
You know the reason it was closed. I clearly stated it.

# 206 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/16 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
You know the reason it was closed. I clearly stated it.

I actually hadn't seen that yet, but I went and read the posts on there just now, gotcha[emoji1303]

# 207 jpdavis82 @ 06/19/16 09:44 AM
How close to what we saw in the EA Play trailer do you guys think the commentary will actually be? I think it's going to be exactly like that or very close to that. We should be hearing some examples tomorrow. What do you guys expect?

# 208 Gilley @ 06/19/16 09:52 AM
Quote:
How close to what we saw in the EA Play trailer do you guys think the commentary will actually be? I think it's going to be exactly like that or very close to that. We should be hearing some examples tomorrow. What do you guys expect?

Based on the comments from the game changers and everyone else who already heard the commentary, I think it'll be pretty close. I'm excited to hear it.

# 209 jpdavis82 @ 06/19/16 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Based on the comments from the game changers and everyone else who has gotten to hear the commentary, I think it'll be pretty close. I'm excited to hear it.

If so it will add a TON of immersion to the game.

# 210 Cowboy008 @ 06/19/16 09:54 AM
I haven't seen this posted yet

Quote:

I'm hoping it's just like the trailer. Also there was another clip some where of them talking about a kicker who was about to try either a game winning or game tying field goal and they mentioned he missed a kick earlier in the game. If the commentary is actually like that it will add a lot to the game.

# 211 jmurphy31 @ 06/19/16 10:08 AM
Quote:

I think it will much improved, but I still don't think it will be exactly like we heard in the clip. I just don't think the commentary engine will be able to know that the blocked kick will send the Broncos to the playoffs. I hope I am wrong, because it would be awesome to have that kind of awareness in the game.

Also, I wonder how hard it would be to get the exact scenario and then record it for a clip. I think a lot of manipulating of the season to do so.

Just my thoughts, and I don't think we will get that answer (franchise specific commentary) from tomorrow's videos since most, if not all, will be play now.

# 212 jpdavis82 @ 06/19/16 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I haven't seen this posted yet

I'm hoping it's just like the trailer. Also there was another clip some where of them talking about a kicker who was about to try either a game winning or game tying field goal and they mentioned he missed a kick earlier in the game. If the commentary is actually like that it will add a lot to the game.

That link you posted isn't working

# 213 Cowboy008 @ 06/19/16 10:15 AM
Quote:
That link you posted isn't working

The video is working for me. Try this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6AhamieQM

He starts talking about Madden 17 around the 8 minute mark.

# 214 jpdavis82 @ 06/19/16 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The video is working for me. Try this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6AhamieQM

He starts talking about Madden 17 around the 8 minute mark.

Thanks I had seen that one yesterday but that link is working now on the app.

# 215 jpdavis82 @ 06/20/16 08:50 AM
Can't wait to hear this commentary! 1pm est

# 216 Rams_3 @ 06/20/16 10:04 AM
Yeah me too hopefully the youtubers don't do alot of talking so we can hear it.

# 217 jpdavis82 @ 06/21/16 08:52 AM
Overall how do you guys feel about the commentary?

# 218 Cowboy008 @ 06/21/16 09:05 AM
Quote:

Need to hear more before making a decision but they do sound better than Nantz and Sims.

# 219 Reed1417 @ 06/21/16 09:08 AM
Quote:

From what I've heard so far I'm impressed. But i won't have a full opinion till the game is in my hands and i play it for a few days/weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 220 eastcoast49ers @ 06/21/16 09:24 AM
Quote:

I think it got overhyped before we had a chance to hear anything, therefore I was expecting a little more.

With that being said, it is still much better than previous years and the fact that Gaudin and Davis will be more available to EA to record dialogue will be very helpful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.