Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new commentary team featuring Brandon Gaudin (play-by-play) and Charles Davis (color commentary and analysis) will replace Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in Madden NFL 17. The team will be able to add new commentary to the game throughout the entire season.

Quote:
Today EA Tiburon revealed the new commentary team that will be calling the games in Madden NFL 17. Brandon Gaudin will be the new voice providing play-by-play, with Charles Davis adding color commentary and analysis. Thanks to unprecedented access to Davis and Gaudin, Madden NFL 17 will ship with the most commentary ever at launch. This year’s game also features the opportunity to add commentary updates throughout the NFL season on Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

Brandon Gaudin will be joining the Big Ten Network as a play-by-play announcer this fall after being the Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets since 2013. Additionally, he has been named the lead college football play-by-play voice for Westwood One Sports, and will also call occasional NFL games for the network. Gaudin will continue to serve as one of the voices for Westwood One’s coverage of men’s basketball, including conference championship week and the NCAA Tournament.

Charles Davis is best known for his work on the NFL Network and NFL on FOX. This past season he could be seen providing analysis each week during NFL on FOX broadcasts, as well as providing extensive coverage of the NFL Draft on NFL Network. Davis is known for his meticulous and detailed knowledge of the NFL, which he will bring to the Madden NFL 17 broadcast booth.

Read more about the new Madden NFL 17 commentary team in the official blog.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 BrandH @ 06/08/16 11:53 AM
I love that they can add new lines all the time, but there is not one announcer I dislike more than Charles Davis which probably is on an unhealthy level considering many people probably couldn't even tell you who he is, lol. He always seems to be framing his analysis as a question to his Partner as he ALWAYS calls who ever he works with to avoid catching any criticism if he is wrong. "Partner, don't you think they should run the ball here" he says as they throw a bomb for a touchdown right after he says it, lol. "This looks like a good time for them to punt it away and play deffense, right Partner?" As the team goes for it an converts. Rant over haha.

# 42 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierV90
Can they at least pronounce the first and last names of new rookies in franchise mode? Please?
Has that been an issue in the past?

# 43 BrandH @ 06/08/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea after seeing the article, you just posted as well as MPrice, I'm thinking the Wiki page is out of date. That's what I get for using Wikipedia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a Lions fan who always ends up stuck listening to the 8th string announcers I can tell you I have heard him plenty.

# 44 CourierV90 @ 06/08/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Has that been an issue in the past?
As far as I know. For instance, I drafted a quarterback in the 2018 draft named Sean Samuels. Jim Nance or Phil Simms never mention him by name during the game. This goes for any other automatically generated franchise draft player.

# 45 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierV90
As far as I know. For instance, I drafted a quarterback in the 2018 draft named Sean Samuels. Jim Nance or Phil Simms never mention him by name during the game. This goes for any other automatically generated franchise draft player.
Ahhhh I get what you're saying now. I agree.

# 46 mrprice33 @ 06/08/16 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'll have to wait and see how this plays out in an offline franchise. I don't really see how the updated commentary would be beneficial to an offline franchise unless my offline franchise mirrors real life trades.

I'll also have to wait and see if there is far less repetitive commentary. This could be good for offline franchise or it could just be "meh".

Really wish the Franchise Blogs would come out. Just need to be patient.
There are two parts to it: one is that with updated commentary comes the potential for play now/online games to reference real-world changes in the league.

The other part of it is that since they will be constantly updating commentary, there may be new lines/scenarios fed into your CFM that you don't even know happened. So maybe at launch they don't have anything for random scenario X, and that scenario happens in your game and commentary doesn't mention it. But maybe down the line X happens again and now the game has new commentary about X.

# 47 noplace @ 06/08/16 12:11 PM
Impressive

# 48 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'll have to wait and see how this plays out in an offline franchise. I don't really see how the updated commentary would be beneficial to an offline franchise unless my offline franchise mirrors real life trades.

I'll also have to wait and see if there is far less repetitive commentary. This could be good for offline franchise or it could just be "meh".

Really wish the Franchise Blogs would come out. Just need to be patient.
I hope it is more of just adding generic scenarios vs. updating what happened last week in the real NFL. If I'm playing my franchise game in week 5, I have no need to hear about someone rushing for 200 yards last week in the real NFL.

Thats why those specific dialogue lines when introducing a team wear thin. It may mention Brady has won 4 Super Bowls but if hes won another in my franchise, it never gets changed.

# 49 Dj_MyTime @ 06/08/16 12:12 PM
Charles Davis calls NFL games on FOX - so to anyone complaining that they didn't get an NFL analyst needs to relax.

Looks like EA is finally trying to take their product (presentation) to another level and you guys are complaining - talent schedules, budgets, etc all play a role.

Madden doesn't use network monikers like FOX, CBS, NFLN, ESPN etc this allows in my estimation the opportunity to bring in whomever to handle the play by play & analysis responsibilities giving us fresh voices/commentary every few cycles.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article...f-feafcd605b05

# 50 sonofbluz72 @ 06/08/16 12:12 PM
I could also see where this could open the way for more commentators.....if your playing Sunday night football you can have differnt guys....same thing with Monday night and Thursday night....if they are taking guys in house of EA sports this would be a lot easier to make this happen

# 51 DeuceDouglas @ 06/08/16 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I hope it is more of just adding generic scenarios vs. updating what happened last week in the real NFL. If I'm playing my franchise game in week 5, I have no need to hear about someone rushing for 200 yards last week in the real NFL.

Thats why those specific dialogue lines when introducing a team wear thin. It may mention Brady has won 4 Super Bowls but if hes won another in my franchise, it never gets changed.
I hope so too. Like you said, a statement about how a guy ran for 200 yards in real life isn't really relevant to anything outside of a live mode which is what Madden 365 very well could be. Maybe Online H2H but even then isn't presentation really limited online? If they spend the weekly updates adding more names for players and rookies, different opening sequences for match-ups, and just overall additional dialogue throughout the year then this will absolutely be huge.

# 52 Bull_Dozer @ 06/08/16 12:20 PM
I like this. Hopefully will provide a little more energy in the commentary.

# 53 jmurphy31 @ 06/08/16 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I hope so too. Like you said, a statement about how a guy ran for 200 yards in real life isn't really relevant to anything outside of a live mode which is what Madden 365 very well could be. Maybe Online H2H but even then isn't presentation really limited online? If they spend the weekly updates adding more names for players and rookies, different opening sequences for match-ups, and just overall additional dialogue throughout the year then this will absolutely be huge.
Exactly...i would much rather have during pre-game them talking about how Brady had a huge game last week in my franchise, but todays hes going up the Seahawks secondary who only have allowed 1 TD pass the past 5 weeks. Show Brady warming up and Sherman doing back peddling drills durinf the pregame montage

# 54 Cyborg_Jets @ 06/08/16 12:24 PM
did anyone notice the mention of full real-time presentation in the presentation blog?
That is monumental news. It will completely change the pace and feel of the game. I am ecstatic

# 55 Caveman24 @ 06/08/16 12:31 PM
How don't some of y'all don't know who Charles Davis is? Lol

# 56 jb12780 @ 06/08/16 12:33 PM
Charles Davis is a brilliant football mind. Former DB at Tennessee.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 57 redsox4evur @ 06/08/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
How don't some of y'all don't know who Charles Davis is? Lol

Being a Pats fan I am usually watching CBS during the year. And I am not subject to hearing the 8th string commentators. And I don't watch college football.

# 58 BadAssHskr @ 06/08/16 12:34 PM
Charles Davis!

All, this Madden '17 talk, geeze, keeps getting better by the day.

# 59 MajorSupreme @ 06/08/16 12:36 PM
Quote:
Being a Pats fan I am usually watching CBS during the year. And I am not subject to hearing the 8th string commentators. And I don't watch college football.

Seems a bit harsh. Gotta expand the horizons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Charles Davis is a brilliant football mind. Former DB at Tennessee.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I have always appreciated his draft analysis, and I'm glad to have him aboard for this Madden release.

# 60 dietdoubledew @ 06/08/16 12:37 PM
Quote:

He's on NFL Network quite a lot too. I mean I'm from England and know him...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.