Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has detailed new additions to this year's franchise mode on their website.

The first blog post EA detailed a faster way to play franchise and new gameplanning features.

Play The Moments: Experience Franchise faster than ever. Jump into game-defining plays, drives and situations that matter to you, speeding up your experience and delivering more fun. For players who want to span their career the entire 30 years but are limited in time, Play the Moment will be your new way to play.

Quote:
"How does it work?

Before heading down to the field, choose between Play the Moments, Offense Only, Defense Only, or the Full Game. When you choose Play the Moments, the game will be simulated until it detects a key moment and then prompts you to jump right into the action. If you don’t want to play that particular moment, you can easily skip it. Choosing Offense Only or Defense Only before loading into the game allows you to easily play just one side of the ball.

You’ll be able to switch in and out of all the modes easily as you play your game. For example, you can start by playing the Full Game and then switch to Play the Moments at half-time once you have a sizable lead. It’s up to you on how you use it."
There will be different times you are called to 'play a moment'.

EA says that sometimes you will be prompted to play a full drive at the beginning of a game in order to get a lead early. In the last two minutes of a half you may be called upon to drive down the field and manage the clock and perhaps on defense you'll be called in on 3rd downs to get the ball back for your team. Really any 'big' moment of a game you can be called in on.

There will be a new sim speed feature which allows you to slow the game down and watch it unfold in real time during super-sim and during moments. This is an oft requested feature that is now being fulfilled.

Another big addition is that super-sim will now take into account quarter speed in order to try to deliver a game as close as possible to the 120 play-per-game NFL average as well.

Check out all of the new additions to 'Play the Moment' and Super-Sim on EA's site!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 howboutdat @ 06/13/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not true.

I've been enjoying the ticker in the Show for the past 3 years. People have different interests so just because you may not be interested in it...doesnt mean that others wont long term.

Shoot, half of the things you complain about dont concern me at all but I recognize that they may be important to you and others.
its not the ticker i dislike, just with so much more needed for CFM, id rather them put in more useful features, or fix contracts, or how about a dang draft board as a priority over something like a ticker.Ticker is ok , and im sure some like it. im just getting rather tired of the tiny additions while overlooking the bigger ones.

# 182 aholbert32 @ 06/13/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Wow, you're really focused in! I usually have my second TV on watching a real game when I'm playing. I'm glad that they ticker is finally there though. It's been a long time community request since forever and adds a lot of immersion to franchise rather than just looking at stats/scores between games.

Also, for people like you there they added ticker setting to show everything, just scores, goal updates, or nothing... so there you go, you have the option to take all of those distractions away and really focus on those presnap adjustments.
You arent the only one. I have 2 other Tvs and an Ipad going all with different games on.

# 183 aholbert32 @ 06/13/16 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
its not the ticker i dislike, just with so much more needed for CFM, id rather them put in more useful features, or fix contracts, or how about a dang draft board as a priority over something like a ticker.Ticker is ok , and im sure some like it. im just getting rather tired of the tiny additions while overlooking the bigger ones.
Like I said.....Different interests. I could care less about a draft board. I really dont care about that at all. I actually consider that a "tiny" addition.

With that said, if they added that over a ticker (which is something I want), I wouldnt really complain because I recognize a ton of people want that.

# 184 howboutdat @ 06/13/16 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Like I said.....Different interests. I could care less about a draft board. I really dont care about that at all. I actually consider that a "tiny" addition.

With that said, if they added that over a ticker (which is something I want), I wouldnt really complain because I recognize a ton of people want that.
Fair enough, i only play in 32 man online league.I run it for the guys in our league, the friendships we have made over the years. I only buy madden for that purpose.Id prefer more useful things for our owners.And its not really my fault EA decided to hype up this new focus on Franchise, only to disappoint, not just me , but many here. Just voicing our opinion as we were told we should. I dont like alot of the additions. They do not sound to be that good for a 32 man online league IMO.Most guys in our league dont use social media, so i feel responsible to speak up for them.

gameplay looks much improved from what we have heard.Im all for it.Juts not a fan of acting like cfm got so much attention , but really dont seem to be that much more than years past. i just want the dang truth for once on it.Saying saving the best for last, well, that just really took the cake for me.

# 185 NewscasterNews4 @ 06/13/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Most people know I'm the last one to try to suggest anyone not be disappointed, upset, etc over things being left out and other things getting in but the ticker is like a whole other thing entirely, imo. For starters it was already in NCAA Football so I don't think that much investment went it to creating it at least, it already existed in-house. As far as the time and resources it potentially took in actually implementing it, it seems to me some framework was already there from whenever they added it to scroll goal information, so I don't agree with this being something that potentially nudged something else more needed, out. I can't really think of anything else that would fall within those type perceived parameters, that I would want over this.

Leave the ticker out of this, it ain't bothering anyone and it's something I have wanted for awhile now. lol
I'm in the same boat as you. The ticker basically secured my purchase this year. Add in the fact they one upped NCAA and they show stats along with scores has me really excited for starting my own franchise despite the fact that I was underwhelmed at first with their changes.

# 186 NewscasterNews4 @ 06/13/16 07:31 PM
Quote:
Have there been any details released on exactly what league info will/can scroll across the ticker or are we pretty much just going by the few screenshots we've seen thus far? I'm envisioning it for all kinds of things, tweets, contracts, injuries, breaking news, the draft, etc but don't want to get too ahead of myself, lol.
I feel like it'll only have scores/stats but I could be wrong. Hopefully they surprise us and put in everything you mentioned.

# 187 DeuceDouglas @ 06/13/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Have there been any details released on exactly what league info will/can scroll across the ticker or are we pretty much just going by the few screenshots we've seen thus far? I'm envisioning it for all kinds of things, tweets, contracts, injuries, breaking news, the draft, etc but don't want to get too ahead of myself, lol.
It's just an in-game score ticker, not a full-on CFM ticker. It's only scores, goals, both, or nothing.

"While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games. If you’re playing a Monday Primetime game, you’ll see final scores tick by for all the other league games. If you’re playing in a Cloud league with your friends, their played games will be treated like every other game. The ticker still gives you updates on goal progress when relevant, too. There is a setting to show everything, just scores, goal updates, or nothing so you can customize it as you see fit."

# 188 Exile04 @ 06/14/16 12:42 PM
I dotn get why everyone is happy with player editing. I mean its a start i guess but i want to be able to edit players before the season give them names and all of that set potential or whatever so when the draft comes its fair. I've heard people say "oh so i can make a RB form LSU" yes but you picked him up in the 7th round and gave him this great potential or OVR. SO the draft is going to be screwed up. IDK maybe ill feel different after playing with it, it just seems weird to do it only post draft

# 189 kse79x @ 06/14/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
I dotn get why everyone is happy with player editing. I mean its a start i guess but i want to be able to edit players before the season give them names and all of that set potential or whatever so when the draft comes its fair. I've heard people say "oh so i can make a RB form LSU" yes but you picked him up in the 7th round and gave him this great potential or OVR. SO the draft is going to be screwed up. IDK maybe ill feel different after playing with it, it just seems weird to do it only post draft
I know people really really wanted this, but I still think a draft board should've had priority. However, was it really difficult to turn on editing of players? I cant fathom that took a lot of dev work.

Curious to see if and how any online leagues plan to incorporate this. I really dont see our league using it unless we allow users to change names/school, anything but attributes and salaries. Now having said that, I hope we can easily keep track of this. We dont need users tweaking their players attributes and would be nice to know if they do so. Perhaps an enable/disable option will exist. Thought, itd be nice to have it set up where you can edit a players name/school type stuff while disabling meaningful things like attributes/salaries. Or just let Commissioners only do it but let league see any changes a Commish may make

# 190 King Gro23 @ 06/14/16 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
This also means supersim has finally been re-worked. Just amazing.
I just hope they implement it correctly as they are advertising

# 191 mjavon @ 06/14/16 03:36 PM
These all sound like welcome additions, however I'm hoping they also tuned CPU roster management logic - specifically free agency and re-sign logic. CPU teams didn't ever seem to retain role players or younger prospects last edition.

# 192 FinnishRaider @ 06/14/16 04:35 PM
I wonder if we can change in-game-sub player positions. I mean in M16, if I want to change Khalil Mack to OLB in some formations, because he is normally DE in the game, I cannot do that, right? That must be the most stupid thing in the game. I hope that will change.

Does anyone has an answer for that?

All the additions so far sounds great.

# 193 BayRaider510 @ 06/14/16 04:44 PM
Mack was the first player ever to be named an All Pro OLB and DE in the same year. Are you telling me we can't use him as an OLB in the game? Haven't bought Madden since 25.

# 194 SolidSquid @ 06/14/16 04:51 PM
Man my heart still hurts that there's no coaching carousel or anything like the sorts. I really just wanna start as a coordinator and EARN a HC job somewhere.

# 195 NateDogPack12 @ 06/14/16 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRaider510
Mack was the first player ever to be named an All Pro OLB and DE in the same year. Are you telling me we can't use him as an OLB in the game? Haven't bought Madden since 25.
It's already easy to move Mack around in the Raiders playbook.

Full player editing may also help you.

# 196 FinnishRaider @ 06/14/16 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
It's already easy to love Mack around in the Raiders playbook.

Full player editing may also help you.
Well we could edit his position maybe, but I mean as to use him as an OLB and a DE in a game. In some formations as a DE and an in some as an OLB. Because in M16, I couldn't find a way to use players in two separate positions in a game.

# 197 ninertravel @ 06/15/16 12:19 AM
so with full editing does this mean that we can actually create a player that ISN"T a rookie like we used to be about to do before madden 2012?, or are we stuck with only being able to create rookies therefore vetrans would be allowed on the practice squad

# 198 Sgexpat @ 06/15/16 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishRaider
Well we could edit his position maybe, but I mean as to use him as an OLB and a DE in a game. In some formations as a DE and an in some as an OLB. Because in M16, I couldn't find a way to use players in two separate positions in a game.
You can sub in OLB at DE position and vice versa. What you can't do is sub an OLB in DT.

# 199 frostbyt @ 06/15/16 10:53 PM
I wonder if they changed the same lame faces for player creation...since they have been in for like 10 years...but love all the other news.

# 200 FinnishRaider @ 06/16/16 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
You can sub in OLB at DE position and vice versa. What you can't do is sub an OLB in DT.
Really? Have you try when I get home. Could it be that I don't have the option bc Mack is so fatigued that I can't play him at the moment when I try to put him as an OLB.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.