Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has detailed new additions to this year's franchise mode on their website.

The first blog post EA detailed a faster way to play franchise and new gameplanning features.

Play The Moments: Experience Franchise faster than ever. Jump into game-defining plays, drives and situations that matter to you, speeding up your experience and delivering more fun. For players who want to span their career the entire 30 years but are limited in time, Play the Moment will be your new way to play.

Quote:
"How does it work?

Before heading down to the field, choose between Play the Moments, Offense Only, Defense Only, or the Full Game. When you choose Play the Moments, the game will be simulated until it detects a key moment and then prompts you to jump right into the action. If you don’t want to play that particular moment, you can easily skip it. Choosing Offense Only or Defense Only before loading into the game allows you to easily play just one side of the ball.

You’ll be able to switch in and out of all the modes easily as you play your game. For example, you can start by playing the Full Game and then switch to Play the Moments at half-time once you have a sizable lead. It’s up to you on how you use it."
There will be different times you are called to 'play a moment'.

EA says that sometimes you will be prompted to play a full drive at the beginning of a game in order to get a lead early. In the last two minutes of a half you may be called upon to drive down the field and manage the clock and perhaps on defense you'll be called in on 3rd downs to get the ball back for your team. Really any 'big' moment of a game you can be called in on.

There will be a new sim speed feature which allows you to slow the game down and watch it unfold in real time during super-sim and during moments. This is an oft requested feature that is now being fulfilled.

Another big addition is that super-sim will now take into account quarter speed in order to try to deliver a game as close as possible to the 120 play-per-game NFL average as well.

Check out all of the new additions to 'Play the Moment' and Super-Sim on EA's site!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 Sgexpat @ 06/16/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishRaider
Really? Have you try when I get home. Could it be that I don't have the option bc Mack is so fatigued that I can't play him at the moment when I try to put him as an OLB.
Perhaps on the fatigue question .. Not sure. Do let me know if it doesn't work for you. If you go to depth chart in game you should be able to put an OLB at defensive end.

# 202 Mattanite @ 06/16/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Perhaps on the fatigue question .. Not sure. Do let me know if it doesn't work for you. If you go to depth chart in game you should be able to put an OLB at defensive end.

Yes you can do this in the franchise depth chart, the in game depth chart and the formation subs depth chart (press right bumper when looking at plays). I but LOLB Barr in at DE in my quarters formation and at MLB in my A-gap scheme using formation subs in game.

# 203 Brandwin @ 06/16/16 12:17 PM
I really wish we had a coaching tree like in NCAA. I would love to be able to start as offensive or defensive coordinator and work my way up to a head coach.

# 204 FinnishRaider @ 06/22/16 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
You can sub in OLB at DE position and vice versa. What you can't do is sub an OLB in DT.
When I choose 3-4 formation and I want Mack to play linebacker in this formation, Madden16 won't let me do this. Even if I'll make sure that Mack isn't selected to play DE.

That's pretty stupid Or am I still doing something wrong?

# 205 UFCMPunk @ 06/27/16 01:29 PM
Thought I put this here instead of starting a new thread that could lead to nowhere. Shopmaster tweeted this out saying there is more CFM info coming tomorrow....

#CFMMovement ‏@Shopmaster 2h2 hours ago
Join me for Game Changers Live tomorrow at 9pm est. I'll be talking about more Madden 17 CFM. Still a lot more to discuss! #CFMMovement

# 206 SolidSquid @ 06/27/16 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I really wish we had a coaching tree like in NCAA. I would love to be able to start as offensive or defensive coordinator and work my way up to a head coach.
I was so sure we were getting it this year, the disappointment still hasn't faded

# 207 NateDogPack12 @ 06/27/16 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Thought I put this here instead of starting a new thread that could lead to nowhere. Shopmaster tweeted this out saying there is more CFM info coming tomorrow....

#CFMMovement ‏@Shopmaster 2h2 hours ago
Join me for Game Changers Live tomorrow at 9pm est. I'll be talking about more Madden 17 CFM. Still a lot more to discuss! #CFMMovement
Wouldn't really get my hopes up. They would have told us by now if any feature was in that would be a game changer. Gotta keep in mind that it's the goal of people like Shopmaster to drive hits to his channel and build suspense.

# 208 jmurphy31 @ 06/27/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Wouldn't really get my hopes up. They would have told us by now if any feature was in that would be a game changer. Gotta keep in mind that it's the goal of people like Shopmaster to drive hits to his channel and build suspense.
He doesn't say come join us as we reveal a new piece of info. Just more to discuss. Probably just still discussing the already revealed features. As hate said to drive up his hits. Wouldn't get too excited

# 209 Deegeezy @ 06/29/16 03:49 PM
Madden sure is looking great these days. Love all the improvements.

# 210 slick1ru2 @ 06/29/16 03:56 PM
This half hour video goes into pretty good detail on cfm.

https://youtu.be/8lOSeqCz3vg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 211 Cowboy008 @ 08/10/16 12:53 PM
With the news that formation subs made it into the game I'm planing on doing a 32 team CFM. So I was wondering when playing as my team and having every other team on auto will the ticker update in real time or will it not show any scores?

# 212 mrprice33 @ 08/10/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
With the news that formation subs made it into the game I'm planing on doing a 32 team CFM. So I was wondering when playing as my team and having every other team on auto will the ticker update in real time or will it not show any scores?
It should still simulate the CPU games. I think. You might have to advance the ones before your game first.

# 213 TBBF @ 08/10/16 10:51 PM
Man, I don't get why people are claiming a ticker is securing their purchase of the game. Overall, gameplay looks near identical to last year and there is so much missing.

I mean, look at NBA 2k for comparison, downloading custom made drafts, editing uniforms and teams for relocation, just so much more detail. Imagine being able to download a brilliant, accurate draft as appose to a bunch of terrible randomly generated guys. It makes you not want to play the second year of your franchise.

# 214 Skyboxer @ 08/10/16 11:29 PM
Can't wait to play it! Got EA Access so I get a feel before I get my PS4 version.

Pretty excited.

# 215 juduking @ 08/11/16 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBF
Man, I don't get why people are claiming a ticker is securing their purchase of the game. Overall, gameplay looks near identical to last year and there is so much missing.

I mean, look at NBA 2k for comparison, downloading custom made drafts, editing uniforms and teams for relocation, just so much more detail. Imagine being able to download a brilliant, accurate draft as appose to a bunch of terrible randomly generated guys. It makes you not want to play the second year of your franchise.
Good thing you can edit drafted players if random caps bother you that much right?

# 216 tessl @ 08/11/16 01:03 PM
Quote:

I'm sure Madden will sell a lot of copies but I'll probably pass on this year's version. The gameplan addition sounds a bit gimmicky. I suspect once the game gets on the frostbite engine it will be a major improvement. For now, I'm fine with continuing with last year's game.

# 217 therealsmallville @ 08/11/16 01:46 PM
Quote:

Last year's gameplay was pretty darn good. I got it on launch & it held my attention until about a month ago. The last Madden I could say that about was Madden 05.

Also, a ticker is all about immersion. If it's not your thing, that's cool, but it's a big selling point for a lot of presentation junkies like myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 218 roadman @ 08/11/16 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm sure Madden will sell a lot of copies but I'll probably pass on this year's version. The gameplan addition sounds a bit gimmicky. I suspect once the game gets on the frostbite engine it will be a major improvement. For now, I'm fine with continuing with last year's game.
Not going on the cheap with BB's trade-in?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.