Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has detailed new additions to this year's franchise mode on their website.

The first blog post EA detailed a faster way to play franchise and new gameplanning features.

Play The Moments: Experience Franchise faster than ever. Jump into game-defining plays, drives and situations that matter to you, speeding up your experience and delivering more fun. For players who want to span their career the entire 30 years but are limited in time, Play the Moment will be your new way to play.

Quote:
"How does it work?

Before heading down to the field, choose between Play the Moments, Offense Only, Defense Only, or the Full Game. When you choose Play the Moments, the game will be simulated until it detects a key moment and then prompts you to jump right into the action. If you don’t want to play that particular moment, you can easily skip it. Choosing Offense Only or Defense Only before loading into the game allows you to easily play just one side of the ball.

You’ll be able to switch in and out of all the modes easily as you play your game. For example, you can start by playing the Full Game and then switch to Play the Moments at half-time once you have a sizable lead. It’s up to you on how you use it."
There will be different times you are called to 'play a moment'.

EA says that sometimes you will be prompted to play a full drive at the beginning of a game in order to get a lead early. In the last two minutes of a half you may be called upon to drive down the field and manage the clock and perhaps on defense you'll be called in on 3rd downs to get the ball back for your team. Really any 'big' moment of a game you can be called in on.

There will be a new sim speed feature which allows you to slow the game down and watch it unfold in real time during super-sim and during moments. This is an oft requested feature that is now being fulfilled.

Another big addition is that super-sim will now take into account quarter speed in order to try to deliver a game as close as possible to the 120 play-per-game NFL average as well.

Check out all of the new additions to 'Play the Moment' and Super-Sim on EA's site!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 kse79x @ 06/12/16 06:27 PM
Im not as excited yet as Id hoped Id be. Some decent changes but as I focus more on online leagues, there isn't a ton that make me happy.

Draft boards. Come on now. All online leaguers know its so damn hard to get everyone to meet one draft time. Not making a draft leads to an attempt to trade your picks or stick with CPU drafting for you which no doubt leads to horrible no-sense picks (3 TE's for example).

Exhibition games. I really hope they get this in as it has to be so simple to add. Let league members play scrimmage games between each other with out league teams.

Ability to undo games/roster dumps. Sick of having to worry about cheese and people roster dumping.

# 142 smiley3 @ 06/12/16 06:36 PM
Liking the ticker with the stats too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 143 YeezusJeezus @ 06/12/16 06:37 PM
So when they said full player editing, does that mean I can change age? For example, if I wanted to create a rookie version of Vick. Instead of making a separate player, can I just change the current ones age?

# 144 BayRaider510 @ 06/12/16 06:45 PM
I will probably look at the draft class, change them in a notebook to people in real life, then adjust names and ratings after the draft. A little unconventional but you can have the 2017 draft class in your franchise.

# 145 usaaaaaa @ 06/12/16 06:45 PM
Still hoping for assistant coaches and more depth in franchise overall. These new features seem like they'll make franchise a nicer experience, but not a deeper one.

# 146 MajorSupreme @ 06/12/16 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Is there more appearance options when creating a coach now? Would like to have the option of letting my coach wear a hat, a hoodie, or different jackets...
In the Press Row podcast, John White said there are more face types and clothing options.

# 147 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
In the Press Row podcast, John White said there are more face types and clothing options.
I'm hoping the clothing options look as good as the real coaches clothes.

# 148 Bigwhite2498 @ 06/12/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Great, everyone has their pet features that they wish received priority. I'm just saying that I can see the logic behind putting this particular feature lower on the list. When they have limited resources to spend, and with so many base gameplay and structural franchise mode needs to attend to, I understand the choice they've made.

P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 149 MajorSupreme @ 06/12/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm hoping the clothing options look as good as the real coaches clothes.
I hope created coaches get headsets.

# 150 UFCMPunk @ 06/12/16 08:37 PM
Ok so I'll ask the one important question here. Super Sim was greatly improved for the better but what about the highly touted addition from last year. There was no mention of Sim A Win especially after touting how much faster you can get through games and a season. Sim A Win also helped with that as you could "Force Win" all 17 weeks, simulate the regular season based off that, then Sim A Win the entire playoffs including the Super Bowl.

Please don't tell me they just removed it from the game rather fix whatever bug caused the high scoring lopsided games?

# 151 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Ok so I'll ask the one important question here. Super Sim was greatly improved for the better but what about the highly touted addition from last year. There was no mention of Sim A Win especially after touting how much faster you can get through games and a season. Sim A Win also helped with that as you could "Force Win" all 17 weeks, simulate the regular season based off that, then Sim A Win the entire playoffs including the Super Bowl.

Please don't tell me they just removed it from the game rather fix whatever bug caused the high scoring lopsided games?
price said it was fixed.

# 152 asu666 @ 06/12/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
soooo many blogs

WE GOT A TICKER BOYS!

PRACTICE SQUAD OMG.

Day 1 purchase for me.
Been waiting for this to help give my games some context like NCAA 14 for a while. Thank you EA.

# 153 un4gettable fire @ 06/12/16 10:29 PM
There's a lot to like here.

Some additions that feel like they should've been added years ago or shouldn't have been taken out in the first place but they are welcomed nonetheless.

Personally, I'm excited by many things here especially the player development. I need to see these in action before I purchase but like I said, good stuff from the madden team this year.

# 154 NateDogPack12 @ 06/12/16 10:40 PM
Alright, this was my wishlist coming in. Let's see how we did.

Quote:
(1) - Off-Ball Injuries
(2) - Customizable Draft Classes
(3) - Practice Squads / Upgraded Roster Management
(4) - Functional SuperSim Engine
(5) - Fix ForceWin Simulation Score Issues
(6) - Coordinators / Staff
(7) - Upgraded Information Management in CFM (see what players played where, yearly stat breakdowns, free agent attributes, weekly snapshots, etc.)
(8) - Streamlined 32-Team Control / Side Switching in CFM
(9) - Compensatory Pick Integration
(10) - Player Badges / Personalities
(1) - Nope. Injuries are still broken off-ball. With a heavy emphasis on incorporating sim into CFM, it looks like that can help remedy this. Nonetheless, the fact that linemen and off-ball players can't get hurt is a bit ridiculous. This is one that was in 13 years ago. It needs to be fixed pronto.

(2) - Kind of. You can only edit them once they're drafted, which means you'll still be scouting Patrick Patrick. Hopefully, they'll build toward an environment where we can share these like in other games. I get the fact that maybe EA is scared of litigation and doesn't want the community churning out draft classes in the wake of O'Bannon and I can appreciate that. Nonetheless there wouldn't be anything illegal about us doing it.

(3) - Yes!!

(4) - Yes!!

(5) - Yes, according to Price.

(6) - No.

(7) - ???

(8) - According to Price, we can more effectively setup 32-team control. No word on the streamlining of doing tasks. A big NO on switching sides in CFM.

(9) - No. And I think this is a bigger deal to me than most. My team is the Packers and teams like us and the Ravens love to use the compensatory system to stack draft picks.

(10) - No.

So, at least for me, we got 4 points out of 10 with 6 of my items addressed at least in some capacity. I'll take it. But there is still a lot of work to do. Full player editing will allow us to remedy a lot of ills.

Plus, I like the general direction they're taking CFM. I endorse the XP system as I think it's a game apparatus that simulates real life progression as best we can and gives users control and strategy to consider.

Since I found out I'm not alone in loving to switch teams during CFM, I've decided that will be my big push for 18. That will be what I advocate for.

# 155 UFCMPunk @ 06/12/16 10:42 PM
For those who aren't happy regarding today's CFM news or those who are happy and want more... from Shopmaster.

Shop @ EAPlay ‏@Shopmaster 3h3 hours ago
There are more things to come out regarding CFM. Let's not get down until we've heard everything. #CFMMovement #ShopAtEAPlay

# 156 GoJags904 @ 06/12/16 10:44 PM
Just got off work and 😲 OMG!!!!! I feel like the male oprah, you get a Madden17, you get Madden, Hell everybody gets a Madden this year lol

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

# 157 Cowboy008 @ 06/12/16 10:47 PM
Quote:
For those who aren't happy regarding today's CFM news or those who are happy and want more... from Shopmaster.

There are more things to come out regarding CFM. Let's not get down until we've heard everything. #CFMMovement #ShopAtEAPlay
He also said though that he's not sure if another CFM blog is coming out or not. So if one doesn't come out then I'm guessing that's it for the CFM additions.

# 158 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 10:57 PM
Quote:

A Game Changer already said they've released all of the "big" things about Franchise mode. I can't think of anything left that would be a change really worth getting excited about that wouldn't qualify as "big". It seems clear that other than some tweaks to the existing systems and some UI changes the draft and XP systems will be the same, for instance.

# 159 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/12/16 11:05 PM
Lovin' this Franchise news dropping left and right!

# 160 extremeskins04 @ 06/12/16 11:14 PM
I'm pretty excited about the features thus far. I personally am probably the most excited about being able to edit any information about any player cause custom draft classes are very much needed.

I appreciate what this new EA Madden dev team has accomplished so far. They have backed up everything they've said since they came onboard.

One of the other aspects of franchise mode I extremely want is to have position coaches, asst coaches, trainer, GM, etc and have their own attributes, demands, personalities, etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.