Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA announced today in a new post on the Madden NFL blog that they have implemented several popular community requests into franchise mode. Let's take a look at them:

• Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games.
  • Full Player Editing: As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players.
  • Practice Squad: Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training.
  • Dynamic Development Trait: Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long.
  • Regression Feedback: As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17.
  • Player Card Improvements: The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

What do you think of these add-ons? Time for rejoicing for several right?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 acer0ckolla @ 06/12/16 06:05 PM
I really hope when we browse career stats, we'll be able to see the team they played. I really miss this, as when you get many years into a franchise and it's full of generated rookies, it sucks not knowing a person's history.

Also hoping they bring back the full draft information, right now we just get the round and pick, would really like the team as well. I can't be alone in this, right?

# 22 c4geron @ 06/12/16 06:08 PM
Yeah, can someone get clarification on the editing of the name please.

# 23 c4geron @ 06/12/16 06:08 PM
NVM- saw the tweet. Excellent news.

# 24 khaliib @ 06/12/16 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
That is my main concern as well. An 82 OVR is 27th based on overall, meaning 26 other QBs are ranked higher. That means 84% of teams have a QB 82 or above, which is not realistic. Also the fact it says "based on overall" tells me overall will once again take precedent in terms of the AI decision making in CFM, regardless of anything else.
Dealing with the OVR aspect, looking at the AI response to reason to cut Breshad (doesn't meet our standards), there may be some under the hood stuff happening to help the AI in this area.

# 25 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 06:09 PM
Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.

# 26 dietdoubledew @ 06/12/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Practice Squads seem superfluous unless you get a prompt when another team tries to "steal" a player and sign them to their 53...you should get a chance to offer them an equal or better contract, so you can make a cut and activate them to the 53 yourself, as most players prefer to stay with the team who gave them a shot and whose playbook they've been learning in real life anyways.

If that doesn't happen, then not many people are going to risk extremely athletic, freakish, or potentially high-ceiling young players on their Practice Squad, they'll make room for them on the 53. And then the Practice Squad will be ignored almost completely.
Isn't that the same as real-life though? Nobody is going to put some freakish young athlete on the PS. They put guys who could in and do a job on the PS or some young guy who has shown a flash and may turn out to be a decent-to-good player. Very few elite NFL players started out on practice squads.

It's probably the reason EA left it out for so long: A lot of people will ignore it. Personally I love the feature.

# 27 kse79x @ 06/12/16 06:13 PM
For someone who plays pretty much only in online leagues, I guess I dont get the big wanting of fully editable players. There is no reasonable scenario in a league id see that happen. I guess if you're playing by yourself, and want to beef up your players, have at it. Dont get the fun in that though anyways.

I was really hoping to see something on draft boards, exhibition games, and more powers for commissioners to undo roster dumps and even games that people will super cheese in. But from what it looks like, we wont be getting any of these.

# 28 Toupal @ 06/12/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
You can edit EVERYTHING about a player after they've been drafted. EA have confirmed it. Traits, Name, Appearance, Attributes, Development Trait, College. But we just can't share them with others online. Shame, but I'll take it.
As excited as I am about full player editing, custom draft classes will be number 1 on my 2018 Wishlist

# 29 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
Isn't that the same as real-life though? Nobody is going to put some freakish young athlete on the PS. They put guys who could in and do a job on the PS or some young guy who has shown a flash and may turn out to be a decent-to-good player. Very few elite NFL players started out on practice squads.

It's probably the reason EA left it out for so long: A lot of people will ignore it. Personally I love the feature.
Sorry, I'm just wondering how its all going to work.

For instance, it really worries me that the screenshot they showed had low-rated rookies like Booker and Higgins on the Ravens Practice Squad already...as if these 4th and 5th round picks were already cut in preseason by the teams that drafted them and the Ravens picked them up and made them Practice Squad players. That's unrealistic.

# 30 dietdoubledew @ 06/12/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
For someone who plays pretty much only in online leagues, I guess I dont get the big wanting of fully editable players. There is no reasonable scenario in a league id see that happen. I guess if you're playing by yourself, and want to beef up your players, have at it. Dont get the fun in that though anyways.

I was really hoping to see something on draft boards, exhibition games, and more powers for commissioners to undo roster dumps and even games that people will super cheese in. But from what it looks like, we wont be getting any of these.
I only play by myself (I'm British and nobody really plays Madden who I know).

Editing players is really neat for us because we can edit rookies and put in real guys. We can also changes players during the offseason based on real-life. Say for arguments sake (and homerism sake) Blake Bortles comes out next year and plays lights out, puts up all-pro stats and looks like the second coming - next off-season I'd beef up his development based on the real-world.

# 31 kse79x @ 06/12/16 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
As excited as I am about full player editing, custom draft classes will be number 1 on my 2018 Wishlist
Ive seen this request before. What exactly do you guys mean by custom draft classes?

# 32 BleedGreen710 @ 06/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Ive seen this request before. What exactly do you guys mean by custom draft classes?
being able to customize draft classes and share them

so people can create realistic draft classes or even ones that accurately reflect the upcoming draft classes of 2017, 2018, etc

# 33 dietdoubledew @ 06/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I'm just wondering how its all going to work.

For instance, it really worries me that the screenshot they showed had low-rated rookies like Booker and Higgins on the Ravens Practice Squad already...as if these 4th and 5th round picks were already cut in preseason by the teams that drafted them and the Ravens picked them up and made them Practice Squad players. That's unrealistic.
Not really, it happens. The Jags had a couple of teams 5th rounders last year or the year before who we signed up. Look at Tyler Wilson etc.

# 34 BayRaider510 @ 06/12/16 06:18 PM
Any word if CPU vs CPU is back?

# 35 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:

Its not generally about cheating or "beefing up players"...the editing is great for editing generic rookies into actual college players now that we can't import NCAA draft classes. Its great for fixing equipment issues with generated rookies, fixing any progression or regression issues that pop up with the system the game ships with.

# 36 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/12/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdoubledew
Not really, it happens. The Jags had a couple of teams 5th rounders last year or the year before who we signed up. Look at Tyler Wilson etc.
It doesn't happen during those players rookie years, generally. Tyler Wilson is one of the only 4th rounders in recent memory that didn't make his team's roster after his first training camp...he was just awful. And that usually goes for most 5th rounders too.

# 37 Pacman83 @ 06/12/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
Example

Edit: This was top of my list..but the rest of the additions look pretty good. Hope they put as much effort into expanding the mode next year as well.

Edit #2: Check the roster section of the 2k forum...lol

# 38 dietdoubledew @ 06/12/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
It doesn't happen during those players rookie years, generally. Tyler Wilson is one of the only 4th rounders in recent memory that didn't make his team's roster after his first training camp...he was just awful. And that usually goes for most 5th rounders too.
4th round is usually a push but plenty of 5th, 6th and 7th rounders get cut and put on PS or sign to another PS.

Looking at the Jets 2015 class as a quick example (because we got a player from them so it's an easy one)

Jalen Saunders (4th rounder): Cut in september of rookie season

Jeremiah George (5th rounder): Cut and placed on PS during rookie offseason, signed to Jaguars

Brandon Dixon (6th rounder): Cut during rookie offseason, signed to Tampa Bay's PS.

Quincy Enunwa (6th rounder): Cut and placed on PS during rookie offseason.

Tajh Boyd (6th rounder): Cut during rookie offseason.

That's just a small example but plenty of teams cut players during rookie offseason. Fourth rounders are rare but it does happen.

# 39 khaliib @ 06/12/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
being able to customize draft classes and share them

so people can create realistic draft classes or even ones that accurately reflect the upcoming draft classes of 2017, 2018, etc
We have access to do so, but I think someone noted they can't be shared.
Gamers got to put some of their own elbow grease into improving their CFM experience!!!

Just need clarification if this is before or after the Draft.
Just having the ability is what we wanted though, so it's a win either way in my books.

# 40 bigboyc @ 06/12/16 06:29 PM
I wonder if team roster export made it in. This allow you to scrimmage with your CFM team outside the online franchise mode.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.