Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA announced today in a new post on the Madden NFL blog that they have implemented several popular community requests into franchise mode. Let's take a look at them:

• Around The League Score Ticker: Be immersed in Sunday football, with the new Around The League Score Ticker. While playing your game, you will see score updates occur from games around the league. For example, if you’re playing a 1pm Sunday game, you will see score updates and stat lines for all the other 1pm games.
  • Full Player Editing: As the commissioner in your league, you now have the ability to customize almost everything about all the players. You will be able to adjust appearance, ratings, traits, and contract information for the entire league, letting you make tweaks as you see fit to alter players.
  • Practice Squad: Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week. It all starts in week 4 of the preseason. Instead of cutting players, you can now easily move eligible players to the Practice Squad where they will develop as you train the various position groups during weekly training.
  • Dynamic Development Trait: Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long.
  • Regression Feedback: As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17.
  • Player Card Improvements: The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

What do you think of these add-ons? Time for rejoicing for several right?

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 roadman @ 06/13/16 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ok here it is -

Looks like players over 30 going to be losing -2 points in numerous areas now ..... including speed. Not sure how improved that is from this year to be honest.
Something we will need to see further at game launch.

# 162 roadman @ 06/13/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Very very excited for Madden 17. The score ticker so subtle yet so huge to immersion. I am loving the fact I now have a more living and breathing CFM with just that alone.

The practice squad is a monster new feature. Now we can really develop some young guys who are simply not ready to take up a roster spot. You can go after veterans to make a run at the title now yet stash away 5th, 6th and 7th round rookies or even free agent rookies who get cut by other teams. It add's such a huge layer of roster management to Madden that was sorely needed.

Play the Moments is actually something I really am curious about. It is akin to Quick Counts on The Show. I think this is a great new feature as EA seems to understand a core section of their game buying base are their pioneer Madden gamers (like myself as I am an old fart) and don't have nearly as much time to play 2-3 games a day yet alone one! I do play every snap....but if I am crunched for time and don't want to go into rest mode and come back to the game later, it's nice to have this option to fly through a game when/if I want. I have a feeling it will be a hugely popular feature for a good amount of older Madden players in the mainstream.

Gameplanning - Nice. Now this looks like an expansion of game prep. But I appreciate the in game boosts that can be earned by using this feature. I am really looking forward to using this though. It will make game preparation more immersive knowing we get a nice payoff (in game boosts for certain positions, plays etc) if we can do well in drills designed to take advantage of a team's weakness. Tendency tracking is also another immersive feature which add's a layer of strategy to the gameplanning feature. Also three different approaches to gameplans is nice. If I am out of the playoff race, I can focus on player development. If I am a dominant team I can focus on my money plays/tendencies. If I am facing a tough team, I can hone in on their weak spot and try to exploit it. All great additions.

Player Development Focus - Much needed. I am glad I can focus on that LT, MLB or WR I took in the draft more than other players. Another cool little addition to make you decide things within your roster management strategy.

Full Player Editing - Thank goodness it is back. I was really let down when it was removed on 13 and always hoped it would return. Well it has. So now we can do whatever our hearts content to our rosters, rookies and aging superstars (extend a career perhaps? Fix some over done regression? Change a rookies name and looks to what we want?) It is now possible to make your league more immersive again with player editing.

Dynamic Development Trait - Nice to see this possibly work like it should with Superstar dev traits really blooming and slow dev traits busting out of the league quicker.

I am sure some more CFM news will come out.....but this is all looking great to me. 16 was the best playing Madden ever (not even close for me) and 17 is shaping up into a juggernaut Madden release.
Nice synopsis A & S.

# 163 Cowboy008 @ 06/13/16 12:14 PM
White just tweeted on if there are more CFM blogs coming

If no other blogs are coming out regarding CFM I wonder what other things Shopmaster was talking about?

# 164 cuttingteeth @ 06/13/16 12:28 PM
...and I'm coming out of retirement.

# 165 vtcrb @ 06/13/16 01:03 PM
Player editing means pre order time for me. Very excited to hear this.

# 166 howboutdat @ 06/13/16 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin2112
People complaining about roster dumps and being able to revert them, you can just add the players back and give them a contract. Will it be perfect, no.
Ok, here is my thing on this.Sure you can "undo " it to an extent, but you not going to know what all 30 guys someone drops was making exactly, between contract and bonuses even how many years they were still under. So if someone nukes a team, your gonna spend a hella lota time trying to make it look half way right putting them all back on team and giving them "fair" contracts for their attributes and making it look half way decent.

Theres alot to that , not a simple thing to do manually like that. Id rather just put them back on team and clear cap hits, let next owner or cpu resign them.

# 167 Tatupu_64 @ 06/13/16 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ok here it is -

Looks like players over 30 going to be losing -2 points in numerous areas now ..... including speed. Not sure how improved that is from this year to be honest.
I think this is significantly better. It would be nice if they had a slightly more formulaic setup, but guys should lose a little physically as they age

# 168 RogueHominid @ 06/13/16 01:20 PM
Wow, I have to say that I'm very pleased with this news.

I didn't think they'd allow full player editing. This is huge. I can see this having a decisive impact on the long-term playability of franchise mode.

I'm also really happy about the inclusion of a non-binary injury system and a practice squad.

Full player editing is where it's really at this year. Once we figure out what the thresholds are for tiered animations and how certain QB traits effect QB AI, we can balance the league ourselves.

# 169 ggsimmonds @ 06/13/16 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
I think this is significantly better. It would be nice if they had a slightly more formulaic setup, but guys should lose a little physically as they age
I do not like that it seems to be a flat -2 across the board.
An aging player should lose some of his athleticism, but not his technique.

Booo

# 170 RogueHominid @ 06/13/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The bold is interesting and I wonder how that will play out in multiplayer online leagues. The Commish now has a lot more customization control, so I wonder how they can utilize that in a way to enhance the experience. Can they share this control with other Users by making them Co-Commish, so that more than one User can assist in making changes and what will be some of the creative changes the community comes up with to enhance the game?

Things like that will be interesting for me to watch out for the months following release. I suppose there will be a thread or threads on how to mimic what other Commishes and leagues have been able to do.
I haven't played online franchise since 2010 and I don't plan on ever playing that mode again. I'm strictly an offline franchise mode guy, so this feature is extra important to me. If the QBs are given the wrong traits or we figure out that X trait makes QB play more realistic, then offline users can edit so the league plays as they want it to.

In online leagues, the human element plays a more prominent role, so it's perhaps less important to be able to edit things like player traits and ratings.

I'm just happy they opened this area of the game up. I didn't think they would because I assumed it would just break a bunch of things and create chaos. I'm elated to have been wrong about that.

# 171 yurivexen @ 06/13/16 02:20 PM
I think the ability to change weight in particular is huge. Say you have a defensive player that is considered "underweight" when drafted. You can have him train harder in the off season to add some bulk. When that happens, you can make his weight go up as well his ratings relative to strength. The same can be said for players trying to slim down. Just add more agility and speed ratings. It just adds more storylines for me.

# 172 cuttingteeth @ 06/13/16 02:22 PM
Is there any way folks at EA days can play into the second year and try to figure out if -2 ratings losses actually make a difference?

You know because how long has it been now, that folks here say this or that rating doesn't even matter?

# 173 Grey_Osprey @ 06/13/16 05:55 PM
I'm not really sure which thread to post in, so I apologize if this is the incorrect one, but I haven't run across any information pertaining to whether 32 team control has changed.

# 174 NateDogPack12 @ 06/13/16 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I'm not really sure which thread to post in, so I apologize if this is the incorrect one, but I haven't run across any information pertaining to whether 32 team control has changed.
Price tells us it's "easier" this year but still requires the creation of the different characters. Nonetheless, this is something we will likely pick his brain more about once EA Play is over.

# 175 McCarth @ 06/13/16 07:36 PM
Has anyone heard about Franchise mode upgrading the Draft? Mock drafts, combine, commissioner coming to the podium to announce trades/players names? I love franchise mode just want Madden to focus on the Off season part of the game

# 176 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/13/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarth
Has anyone heard about Franchise mode upgrading the Draft? Mock drafts, combine, commissioner coming to the podium to announce trades/players names? I love franchise mode just want Madden to focus on the Off season part of the game
The only change we know they made for sure pertaining to the draft is more gems/busts. Sounds like the draft as a whole wasn't a focus this year.

# 177 DeuceDouglas @ 06/13/16 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
The only change we know they made for sure pertaining to the draft is more gems/busts. Sounds like the draft as a whole wasn't a focus this year.
Hopefully they significantly upgraded the draft class and free agent pool sizes. I think draft classes last year were around 300 players but this year there's 320 additional roster spots specifically for players with >2 years experience so those have to be greatly increased.

# 178 redsox4evur @ 06/13/16 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Hopefully they significantly upgraded the draft class and free agent pool sizes. I think draft classes last year were around 300 players but this year there's 320 additional roster spots specifically for players with >2 years experience so those have to be greatly increased.

Yea I think Price or one of the devs said the draft pool expanded but I'm not positive.

# 179 jfsolo @ 06/13/16 10:36 PM
Quote:
It's in new additions like this where they have in the past quite often not thought it through in terms of what is need to make it function correctly, i.e. not remembering to add enough extra players. John White has already said that the draft classes are bigger, so I would hope that this has been adequately addressed.

# 180 Cowboy008 @ 06/14/16 12:00 AM
Quote:
John White tweeted this about draft classes

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.