Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The Post-Game Podcast was able to sit down with Madden NFL 17's Clint Oldenburg and John White from EA SPORTS Tiburon for a little chat at EA Play in Los Angeles.

Below are some of the items they discussed.
  • Ball physics
  • Connected Franchise streamlining
  • Score ticker details
  • Kick meter details (kick further in Denver, power boost in domes, accuracy penalty in snow/rain games)
  • Adjusting from past Madden games
  • Game planning
  • Commentary
  • Risk/reward in blocking kicks, ice the kicker

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 06/14/16 04:31 PM
I really like how playing in a dome and outside in Denver will help you kick the ball farther and when playing in the rain or snow it will hurt your accuracy and power. Also am interested to see how the "Ice the kicker" mechanic will work.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 06/14/16 09:01 PM
Love how the score ticker updates on games that were already played in online franchise games.

# 3 TheGentlemanGhost @ 06/14/16 09:26 PM
They're really getting in the mood with that Weeknd playing in the background aren't they...

A lot of nice touches in this years Madden though so far.

# 4 cmehustle @ 06/15/16 01:14 AM
All the things I'm hearing absolutely makes me want to play Madden again, after a couple of years off. That being said, one of my all time pet peeves, with players instantly appearing in the huddle hasnt really been talked about. How is it, during a two minute drill, if I decide I want to go from 5 wides, to three wides a TE and my RB do I have that happen instantly? Or with 6 seconds and ticking, I instantly get my special teams in the game and kick a field goal? At this point I feel like we should be seeing players come on and go off the field. I mean dam, that was actually in the very first Madden!

# 5 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/16 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Love how the score ticker updates on games that were already played in online franchise games.
yeah thats pretty huge for the online franchise people - who were basically touting it as a useless feature.

# 6 Dazraz @ 06/15/16 05:14 PM
I'm excited for a Madden game for the 1st time in how long....?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.