Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FSB has posted their FIFA 17 hands-on impressions from E3 2016. They talk about the Frostbite engine, The Journey, physical play, attacking depth, set pieces and much more.

Quote:
One of the highlights of this early build is the variety in attacking runs. The AI is constantly assessing pace and opponent positioning in order to provide authentic and varied team mate run options. Attackers don’t just go for the gaps anymore, they consider the impact it has on the opponents backline and try to disrupt it by forcing players out of position. You will see instances where an attacker will make a run to open a gap for you. The results were quite profound in our playtest with one particular situation standing out. With Aubameyang in possession and dribbling quite close to Kagawa through the middle, Reus cuts in and makes a run into the box pulling the right back. Kagawa first offers the short pass option, but then makes an arched run behind Aubameyang, taking a centre back and opening a gap yet providing a through ball option. At that point, you realise that your AI teammates are actively providing options. Interestingly, when the opponent parks the bus, the channels become tighter, yet the effort is still there from your team mates.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Brahvocado @ 06/21/16 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Apart from legacy issues they need the individual traits to mean something. Messi is a dribbler, perhaps the best ever but in FIFA he's neutered much like Hazard, Neymar, and other dribblers.

I actually think the lack of distinct team styles (NOT differences in quality from say a Barcelona and Watford) coupled with lack of individuality is the biggest issue facing the series. It creates generic'ness and can lead to stale repetitive gameplay. What's odd is that when you play with those guys you can feel the difference in players but it somehow doesn't translate to the CPU.

I picked up Hazard in my Milan MM and on the ball he's as dangerous as he is in real life when on form. Same with Neymar who I use when managing the Selecao. Even players like Higuain who are primarily "ball-to-feet" #9's feel unique but I never get the feeling that they're dangerous when playing them. It's always obscure players that cause me issues.

The only real big time player I have had to play close attention to was Pogba. Big, strong, fast, and with a lethal shot from distance I had to actually recognize where he was at all times.

Back on topic....I don't expect wholesale gameplay changes from FIFA 17 because to be honest, it's not needed. What's needed is refinement and tweaks here & there mixed in with the above.
This has been one of my biggest pet peeves for a while now. Drives me nuts when I'm doing say a La Liga cm, and it's the end of January and the top scorer in the league is my 81 rated striker on like 12 goals, with Ronaldo down the list sitting on 8 and Messi with 6.

Or playing in the prem, where Santi freaking Cazorla is almost always the top scorer in the league, but my 71 rated fullbacks can easily pocket Sanchez and Ozil can hardly complete a pass.

Honestly though, I'm not sure they would even change this. As much as I personally would love to see cpu-controlled Messi and Ronaldo scoring 40 per season and pooping all over my team when I play against them; I'm pretty sure a lot of people would complain about it.

At the end of the day, people who love winning every game by 10 goals and field teams of 3 strikers and 5 attacking mids wildly outnumber the people who want everything to be realistic and challenging.

Not that there's anything wrong with the way people enjoy playing the game, but it's also sort of the reason we can't have nice things.

# 22 tessl @ 06/21/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
This has been one of my biggest pet peeves for a while now. Drives me nuts when I'm doing say a La Liga cm, and it's the end of January and the top scorer in the league is my 81 rated striker on like 12 goals, with Ronaldo down the list sitting on 8 and Messi with 6.

Or playing in the prem, where Santi freaking Cazorla is almost always the top scorer in the league, but my 71 rated fullbacks can easily pocket Sanchez and Ozil can hardly complete a pass.

Honestly though, I'm not sure they would even change this. As much as I personally would love to see cpu-controlled Messi and Ronaldo scoring 40 per season and pooping all over my team when I play against them; I'm pretty sure a lot of people would complain about it.

At the end of the day, people who love winning every game by 10 goals and field teams of 3 strikers and 5 attacking mids wildly outnumber the people who want everything to be realistic and challenging.

Not that there's anything wrong with the way people enjoy playing the game, but it's also sort of the reason we can't have nice things.
Have you tried increasing difficulty?

# 23 Brahvocado @ 06/21/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Have you tried increasing difficulty?
Well **** me, I hadn't even considered that.

# 24 ricardodc @ 06/26/16 12:23 PM
Interviewing a EA FIFA 17 gameplay producer...

Cheers!

# 25 Chrisx @ 06/26/16 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Cheers!
At first it looked like it was just the promo trailer but put into words in the form of an interview, so I wasn't paying too much attention, but there were actually some things that sounded really promising and made me raise an eyebrow.

Sounds like powerful low shots and shielding the ball with your body make a comeback, and I particularly like the concept of first touch errors depending on context (pass distance, being marked or unmarked).

# 26 papinho81 @ 06/27/16 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Cheers!
Nice video!

If what this guy says is really in the game (space/teammate/opponent awareness, pressure to perform..) it will be awesome!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.