Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

YouTube user strawberryyogurt0, has uploaded this Madden NFL 17 cinematic trailer of the opening sequence between the Washington Redskins and Los Angeles Rams.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 scoobyskyline3 @ 06/17/16 02:44 PM
They couldve shown my Redskins do something positive against the lowly Rams lol

# 42 Datninja619 @ 06/17/16 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Idk I might be in the minority but these opening cinematics are starting to become played out & seems like a waste of resources. Don't get me wrong, they look cool but I remember last year a dev saying they took super long to make & were very expensive. I just think the money & time could be better spent on other aspects of improving the game.
As long as there isn't a bug where I'm forced to play it 5 months after release. I'm okay with it the first time.

# 43 Dj_MyTime @ 06/17/16 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchap38
What can I say it is just madden never getting the little things right. The player at end of trailer was about to block the kick. Looked as if he was about to jump over the center. You can't do that in football, but still ready to get my hands on m17.
You can jump ''OVER'' what you can't do is use a teammate as a launching pad. This happened in the divisional round with Cam Chancellor vs Carolina not this past season but the year before.

Unless there has been an amendment since that game (first time I ever saw it) you can indeed jump over the lines.

# 44 jbd345 @ 06/17/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So will any of the presentation stuff be available online...?
I'm wondering this as well. Really hoping to hear some commentary.

# 45 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/16 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
They should be careful with cinematic versions of madden because I'm still mad I never got that amazing looking madden from like 13 years ago where the eagles are playing the Giants.
I agree 10 fold! Exactly what I thought.

# 46 Godgers12 @ 06/18/16 10:58 AM
That hinted at the very end there that the LB was about to jump over the line all apocalypse now style to try and block that. Confirms that there are indeed FG block plays designed for blocks up the middle, not just off the edge.

# 47 BleedGreen710 @ 06/18/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
That hinted at the very end there that the LB was about to jump over the line all apocalypse now style to try and block that. Confirms that there are indeed FG block plays designed for blocks up the middle, not just off the edge.
yeah but its a 'cinematic' trailer. so it might not have been in-game footage, right? the one with t.j ward (confirmed to be in-game footage) was not a 'cinematic' trailer if i recall.

# 48 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 06/18/16 06:49 PM
Is it just me or do the Rams horns look a little bit more metallic? I won't get my hopes up too much but I'm hoping they are right this time.

# 49 bigeastbumrush @ 06/18/16 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
How can you say that when you haven't played the game yet?
Didn't realize that I had to play the game to make an observation in it.

2 Tavon Austin spins in the video and the defenders went flying. It's like they were sucked into some magic space.

Subtlety is one of the things that can take gameplay to the next level.

That hard stop then spin is overpowering and a cheeser's fantasy. And it's been in the game for years.

What has been done defensively to counteract it when defenders are reaching for air?

# 50 NateDogPack12 @ 06/18/16 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Didn't realize that I had to play the game to make an observation in it.

2 Tavon Austin spins in the video and the defenders went flying. It's like they were sucked into some magic space.

Subtlety is one of the things that can take gameplay to the next level.

That hard stop then spin is overpowering and a cheeser's fantasy. And it's been in the game for years.

What has been done defensively to counteract it when defenders are reaching for air?
You need to realize the trailers aren't for people like you that meticulously analyze how defenders react to one of the most agile players in the entire NFL. They exist to hype up the casual crowd. Any real discussion about substantive defensive movement based on a trailer is kind of pointless.

We all will have to play the game to see how it handles.

# 51 Rams_3 @ 06/19/16 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Is it just me or do the Rams horns look a little bit more metallic? I won't get my hopes up too much but I'm hoping they are right this time.
Naw trust me they don't. I wish they fix that its annoying. The horns should be more metallic and bright too.

# 52 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 06/19/16 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Naw trust me they don't. I wish they fix that its annoying. The horns should be more metallic and bright too.
I remember being told it has something to do with how the helmets are scripted. Teams like the 49ers can have a metallic helmet because almost all the helmet is metallic, except the stripes and logo. But the Rams' horns are somehow not doable? I suppose we'd have to ask Kane.

# 53 extremeskins04 @ 06/19/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchap38
What can I say it is just madden never getting the little things right. The player at end of trailer was about to block the kick. Looked as if he was about to jump over the center. You can't do that in football, but still ready to get my hands on m17.
You actually can jump over, you just can't use another player to step on to jump over or hurdle you over. Did you watch Kam Chancellor do it to Carolina?

# 54 Rams_3 @ 06/19/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I remember being told it has something to do with how the helmets are scripted. Teams like the 49ers can have a metallic helmet because almost all the helmet is metallic, except the stripes and logo. But the Rams' horns are somehow not doable? I suppose we'd have to ask Kane.
Yeah lets ask kane. I remember madden 11 or 12 have the horns perfect. It's really my only complaint i have. I hope at least one time it's fixed before they move into the stadium and change their gear.

# 55 ninertravel @ 06/19/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Man, I echo this sentiment, he actually ''sounds like a broadcaster'', I know he comes from radio iirc, but the audio was on par with a live game.
it's been done before with trailers remember the whole trailer with Dynamic gameplay with Eli Manning?? they made it sound great in the trailer. there is no way they will ever get teh Commontary right

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.