Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video showing off the new broadcast presentation package. A small gif is shown above, check out the full video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Playmakers @ 06/18/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Agreed. Felt the same way about the QB introduction. Would be better if it highlighted the star player of the offense and defense. So there's some variety.

But I could imagine the difficulty in getting all 32 teams best offensive and/defensive player a dedicated commentary and highlight clips.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Richard Sherman was pissed that Earl Thomas got the highlight introduction lmbo

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
they've always done this in years past with Madden and NCAA same old routine intro's.....

I don't think that part of presentation is going to change much at all

But I do think they should give us real NFL stadium atmosphere much like they've done NBA live series that should be easy for them accomplish

# 62 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/16 02:16 PM
Let me try to make this as simple as possible so hopefully nobody is confused anymore.

These won't change except for if they are different days of week and Playoffs, each week of season.

These will change based on your roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 CM Hooe @ 06/18/16 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Didn't Madden have a swagger award a few iterations previous like Madden 10 or 11? I think it was called Old Spice Swagger Award. I don't have a problem with that since they used it before.

Overall, pretty nice.

Not only that, in Madden NFL 11 each player had a Swagger rating, and the rating itself was sponsored by Old Spice. lol

# 64 RudyBrown @ 06/18/16 05:49 PM
Hope there's post game and weekly highlight show.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

# 65 smiley3 @ 06/18/16 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyBrown
Hope there's post game and weekly highlight show.

There isn't

# 66 RudyBrown @ 06/18/16 06:02 PM
Well hopefully they update the cfm website with twitch or YouTube so we can view game online and create our own stories . Similar to ncaa 2012.

# 67 BleedGreen710 @ 06/18/16 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Help me here. Are you guys saying the lineup not changing? Like the models? Or you talking about the videos that play highlights?

If the latter, I apologize bleed!
yeah, I was referring to the highlight videos. its all good

# 68 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 06/18/16 06:51 PM
THIS is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Let me try to make this as simple as possible so hopefully nobody is confused anymore.

These won't change except for if they are different days of week and Playoffs, each week of season.
THIS made me throw up in my mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

These will change based on your roster

*Really hate the player introductions. I have never in my life seen an introduction like that in a broadcast. This is not what we see on Sunday. I want to see "such and such Smith, WR, such and such University", not this "swagger" stuff. I will be skipping this every single time (hopefully we can... *crosses fingers*).

*The other thing, the intro/change over to the field, looked great. THAT actually looked like a broadcast. That's what I want. More of that. Make it look like what I see on Sunday .

# 69 jmurphy31 @ 06/18/16 07:17 PM
I watche'd the video from my phone so it wasn't that clear, but it looked as if the intro video was all computerized clips. Not sure why they can't have bunch of generated clips (a few qbs throwing, wrs catching, rbs running, etc and just change the numbers and names to players on your team) . The gane could choose 5 or 6 of the clips randomly each game. I remember playing 2k and I scored a td with Dieon Branch. The game went to a cut screen and 2 fans were holding a sign saying soemone about Branch. I'm guessing it cold be done similarly in a cut scene intro.

# 70 Brooklynbks4 @ 06/18/16 07:17 PM
Glad to see variety with the intros regardless of how many variations there are it will always get old. If you plan on playing the hell out of this game like I am it will get old but in a good way lol

# 71 jmurphy31 @ 06/18/16 07:24 PM
I know it looks like real life in 16 with the qb intros each game, but by year 2 or 3 and all I see is a football flying through the air, it kind of kills it for me. I'd much rather watch a video of my cpu rookie qb having a generic highlight.

Same thing with the commentary about real life occurrences. It's great in play now, but for franchise mode, not so much.

# 72 NYG 98 @ 06/18/16 07:25 PM
These arent entirely inaccurate intros. Super Bowl XXXV had similar intros, except the players had their helmets off and were in a studio with a bunch of graphics.

I dont like how players jerseys in the profile pictures dont change colors based on the team they are, and that the players all have their helmets on

# 73 jfsolo @ 06/18/16 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I know it looks like real life in 16 with the qb intros each game, but by year 2 or 3 and all I see is a football flying through the air, it kind of kills it for me. I'd much rather watch a video of my cpu rookie qb having a generic highlight.

Same thing with the commentary about real life occurrences. It's great in play now, but for franchise mode, not so much.
Agree with this 1000%

# 74 NYG 98 @ 06/18/16 07:34 PM
Quote:

Yeah I hate when they have scripted references to the real life season prior to the iteration of the game. It's a waste of time. Program the game to recognize all statistics and those in context to the game at hand. The only thing I want to hear about real life is in reference to player's careers. The 2015 season should be referenced the same way my 2017 franchise season is in 2018.

# 75 BleedGreen710 @ 06/18/16 07:36 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Agree with this 1000%
me too. and the technology is definitely there too. anyone remember on ncaa 14 for ps3? each game had a series of cutscenes shown as the pre-game intro. the scenes showed your players and the opponents players making plays and celebrating- whether it was year 1 of the dynasty or year 20+. really want to see this in a madden game some day.

Edit: heres a video of it

# 76 mestevo @ 06/18/16 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 98
Yeah I hate when they have scripted references to the real life season prior to the iteration of the game. It's a waste of time. Program the game to recognize all statistics and those in context to the game at hand. The only thing I want to hear about real life is in reference to player's careers. The 2015 season should be referenced the same way my 2017 franchise season is in 2018.
They likely have metrics to justify putting in that work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 77 Matt10 @ 06/18/16 09:10 PM
I'd take the NCAA 11-13 intro and pregame any day. Those M17 intros look terrible. Like any player in his right mind is going to pose in front of the camera before an important game - heck no, coaches would have them running wind sprints if they were caught. Just an "out of touch" idea all together.

# 78 jbd345 @ 06/18/16 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'd take the NCAA 11-13 intro and pregame any day. Those M17 intros look terrible. Like any player in his right mind is going to pose in front of the camera before an important game - heck no, coaches would have them running wind sprints if they were caught. Just an "out of touch" idea all together.

Ever hear of a green screen???? Very simple to do this in the offseason then post the stadium behind it the week of the game In pre production.

# 79 Matt10 @ 06/18/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Ever hear of a green screen???? Very simple to do this in the offseason then post the stadium behind it the week of the game In pre production.
That's fine for like a SNF game, but come on, man. How often do you see the broadcast presentation IRL go to these depths? Honestly. It's usually an overlay/wipe that shows stats about their last game, last season, last whatever. The camera is panned as if it's either on the ground close up, or from the stands zoomed in.

I'm sorry but that line up video looks more like a Dragon Ball Z lineup than it does NFL. I hope it's just for special games and not every single one. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal, but it is just one of those elements that is so simple to reproduce, so it just begs the question from me on why make it more complicated?

# 80 Gilley @ 06/18/16 10:11 PM
I vote for Madden 18, for extreme realism, every QB comes out of the locker room like this.

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.