Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

iMAV3RIQ has posted a couple of Madden NFL 17 videos. The first one shows off the new commentary and presentation, featuring the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Buffalo Bills.

The second Madden NFL 17 video gives us a look at the tweaked aggressive catch in Madden NFL 17, featuring the Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 DKHardee @ 06/20/16 07:38 PM
Small detail that drives me nuts that still hasn't been fixed... Helmet Numbers! They don't show up during gameplay. Only during cut scenes and replays. Drives me crazy.

# 2 m1ke_nyc @ 06/20/16 07:54 PM
Loved the atmosphere in that Bills-Buccaneers vid.

# 3 Datninja619 @ 06/20/16 08:18 PM
In the commentary and presentation video around 1:30 , I hope the fans don't fall off the top section hahaha. Slight over sight by EA. Hopefully that can be fixed (probably is) before release.

Also, glad IMav got this opportunity. He's my favorite Madden youtuber, when I'm looking for ultimate team videos. Good clean family man.
Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

# 4 strawberryshortcake @ 06/20/16 08:24 PM
I'll give the team good marks for trying to get the commentary better, but I was expecting a bit more. Maybe my expectations were too high given all the love everyone was touting. You can certainly hear improvements, but it's not fully there yet. I was hoping the commentary would be a little bit more specific describing plays during the action. A little bit more dead air than I would have liked. I was hoping to hear about the amount of yards gained during the actual runs.

Maybe it was because only 40% of the commentary is in the current build, and the remaining 60% will truly round out the commentary.

Google translate, text to speech, copy and paste and hit the "listen" button
https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game

First play from the line of scrimmage. What we got
Play fake to Martin, now Jamis, Austin Seferian
Jenkins has it .... a big play there on the catch and run, 55 yards,

Was expecting more of something like this
It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Oh my, Gilmore takes a bad angle going for a pick. If you're going to commit, you better be certain. This is trouble. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. Absolutely monster play. What a play! First play of the game from scrimmage. And absolute mistake by Gilmore going for the pick. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!

# 5 brandon27 @ 06/20/16 08:38 PM
Commentary and sound definitely sounds much improved. Really looking forward to all of these changes.

# 6 apollon42 @ 06/20/16 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'll give the team good marks for trying to get the commentary better, but I was expecting a bit more. Maybe my expectations were too high given all the love everyone was touting. You can certainly hear improvements, but it's not fully there yet. I was hoping the commentary would be a little bit more specific describing plays during the action. A little bit more dead air than I would have liked. I was hoping to hear about the amount of yards gained during the actual runs.

Maybe it was because only 40% of the commentary is in the current build, and the remaining 60% will truly round out the commentary.

Google translate, text to speech, copy and paste and hit the "listen" button
https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game

First play from the line of scrimmage. What we got
Play fake to Martin, now Jamis, Austin Seferian
Jenkins has it .... a big play there on the catch and run, 55 yards,

Was expecting more of something like this
It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Oh my, Gilmore takes a bad angle going for a pick. If you're going to commit, you better be certain. This is trouble. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. Absolutely monster play. What a play! First play of the game from scrimmage. And absolute mistake by Gilmore going for the pick. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!
What sports game has commentary that specific?

# 7 crob8822 @ 06/20/16 08:42 PM
The LA Coliseum is backwards they had it in NCAA Football correctly, I hope that this is corrected before release.

# 8 Quentin32 @ 06/20/16 08:49 PM
I was hyped hearing all the pre info before any gameplay was shown. But I think I'll finally pass this year. This will be the 1st Maddening never brought/played. It just don't look that much better. 2k & MLB spoiled me. I need something that resembles sim. I can't take that sim/arcade style from Madden anymore.

# 9 jaynral @ 06/20/16 08:53 PM
the pocket is still bad....no sense of preesure, nothing.....the pocket is just too damn wide....

# 10 DeuceDouglas @ 06/20/16 08:58 PM
Really liked the sound effects of pad crunching and player chatter. Was that Tyrod Taylor's cadence as well? I was hoping those would make it back for more QB's. Gaudin does sounds better than Nantz but the commentary wasn't good. Too much dead space and awkward pauses but overall it's pretty much what I expected it to be. That second video had some good looking running plays and I liked how the guys setting the edge looked.

# 11 Datninja619 @ 06/20/16 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I was hyped hearing all the pre info before any gameplay was shown. But I think I'll finally pass this year. This will be the 1st Maddening never brought/played. It just don't look that much better. 2k & MLB spoiled me. I need something that resembles sim. I can't take that sim/arcade style from Madden anymore.
My take on this year's installment, is its an upgrade on the game PLAYS. Pass coverage has never been this textbook before. I think they took the right route by getting gameplay refined, then have a huge graphics overhaul with frostbite.

# 12 strawberryshortcake @ 06/20/16 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
What sports game has commentary that specific?
I'll have to revisit other sports games to give you a better answer, but what's important is Madden making improvements.

GOOD: Check out the video @2:40 - 2:57. I thought that was a better execution with less dead air. "It references Watkins as the receiver on the left, after the snap, he mentions they'll start the drive in the air, escaping the pressure right, throws to the running back McCoy and he'll get to the 29 yard line, brought down there."
Spoiler

GOOD: Here's good example of the current commentary team talking about, "the left side," the ball carrier running "down the line 40, 30, 20, etc." @2:40 mark.
Spoiler

CONCERN: My expectation was based on the excitement surrounding the new commentary. Even though I had reservations about the commentary and even tempering my expectations going into the video, I was expecting a "fuller" commentary. Even if we take out all the "fluff" that I added and just go with a more traditional "scripted" commentary such as, I thought the following could be executed.

Referencing time on the clock, what down it is, how many yards to go, how many receivers are lined up and where, one or two quick lines about the defense scheme, where the offensive player gets the ball, if he is running for more yards, which defender is chasing down the offensive ball carrier, what side of the field the ball is thrown to, what side of the field and at what hash mark is the ball carrier being chased to, etc.

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game!

"It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!"

# 13 CujoMatty @ 06/20/16 09:27 PM
Man people are picky when it comes to Madden. Ya it's not perfect but everything I've seen looks incredible and definetly on the right track. I haven't had a chance to think about football yet but these videos got me excited.

# 14 4thQtrStre5S @ 06/20/16 09:31 PM
I believe the Bucs went to their red socks on both away and home unis.

Everything else is looking good enough for me; playing the game is where the meat and potatoes should shine.

# 15 roadman @ 06/20/16 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'll have to revisit other sports games to give you a better answer, but what's important is Madden making improvements.

GOOD: Check out the video @2:40 - 2:57. I thought that was a better execution with less dead air. "It references Watkins as the receiver on the left, after the snap, he mentions they'll start the drive in the air, escaping the pressure right, throws to the running back McCoy and he'll get to the 29 yard line, brought down there."
Spoiler

GOOD: Here's good example of the current commentary team talking about, "the left side," the ball carrier running "down the line 40, 30, 20, etc." @2:40 mark.
Spoiler

CONCERN: My expectation was based on the excitement surrounding the new commentary. Even though I had reservations about the commentary and even tempering my expectations going into the video, I was expecting a "fuller" commentary. Even if we take out all the "fluff" that I added and just go with a more traditional "scripted" commentary such as, I thought the following could be executed.

Referencing time on the clock, what down it is, how many yards to go, how many receivers are lined up and where, one or two quick lines about the defense scheme, where the offensive player gets the ball, if he is running for more yards, which defender is chasing down the offensive ball carrier, what side of the field the ball is thrown to, what side of the field and at what hash mark is the ball carrier being chased to, etc.

https://translate.google.com/#auto/e...t%20the%20game!

"It's 1st and 10 at their own 22, under 2 minutes to go in the 1st. Winston under center, single back Martin, Evans the lone receiver to the right. 31 seconds on the playclock, Two safeties up top.

Playfake to Martin, Winston rolls right, throws across his body, finds Seferian Jenkins between two defenders at the 35. Open space no one within 20 yards of Jenkins, Jenkin to the 50, to the 40, down the sideline, to the 30, Darby in pursuit, finally chased out of bounds to the 23. Big gain. 41 big yards after the catch, a 55 yard gain. Wow, a great play to start the game!"
I understand what you are saying Straw, but I'm willing the bet that 75% of the people hike the ball quickly and they wouldn't hear all that much detailed commentary you were expecting.

My goodness, my games are a hour and 15 minutes long as it is up to Madden 16, I don't want to tack on one more minute to that playing time.

To each their own on that note.

# 16 BleedGreen710 @ 06/20/16 10:48 PM
i can't be the only one noticing these absurd suction tackles in each of these videos right? its sickening to see and honestly seems like the infinity engine has taken a step back this year. this series of events is inexcusable:

should have been a touchdown run by McCoy. instead an engaged defender suctions him into a tackle.

I posted on another video showing the same thing on a different play; here it is if anyone wants to see another obvious example

# 17 TheShizNo1 @ 06/20/16 10:50 PM
Was/is the agressive catch really over powered in 16? I had Mike Evans and Michael Floyd in my cfm. Shouldn't I expect those two guy (6'4/5) to catch jump balls over much shorter defenders?

# 18 roadman @ 06/20/16 10:54 PM
Yeah, I would have hoped it was tightened up a bit better.

There is still 7 or 8 weeks to tune it, but we'll see how it turns out.

# 19 khaliib @ 06/20/16 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i can't be the only one noticing these absurd suction tackles in each of these videos right? its sickening to see and honestly seems like the infinity engine has taken a step back this year. this series of events is inexcusable:

should have been a touchdown run by McCoy. instead an engaged defender suctions him into a tackle.

I posted on another video showing the same thing on a different play; here it is if anyone wants to see another obvious example

It's not suction.

It's the "Ball Cover" Trait which causes the RB to focus on protecting the football.

Very, very few ball carriers in the game are set to "never", which prevents the ball protect animation from triggering.

Both vids clearly show the defensive player reaching for the ball which triggered the ball protect animation which is in-line with the Ball Cover Trait level each RB posses.

# 20 BleedGreen710 @ 06/20/16 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It's not suction.

It's the "Ball Cover" Trait which causes the RB focus on protecting the football.

Very, very few ball carriers in the game are set to "never", which prevents the ball protect animation from triggering.

Both vids clearly show the defensive player reaching for the ball which triggered the ball protect animation which is in-line with the Ball Cover Trait level each RB posses.
its one thing for the ball carrier to cover up the ball when a defender goes for a swat. its another for the ball carriers legs to completely stop moving and have his body magically warp into the arms of a defender. I wish it were as complex/ratings based as you make it seem but I assure you thats not the case.

Look no further then this play where a defender from behind somehow influences the ball carriers feet to completely stop moving. and he wasn't "reaching for the ball".

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.