Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video from GoodGameBro, showing off some gameplay, commentary and a fake field goal trick play.

Quote:
A few weeks ago, EA flew me out to Los Angeles to record some early Madden 17 gameplay. This is the second video that I've released, and I show off a ton of commentary with some of the new presentation changes too.

I tried to make sure that the Madden 17 gameplay focused on the new commentary guys, Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis. Some of the cuts on the video are a bit rough, but that's because I wanted to make sure you could hear the full audio of a lot of the segments. Best part? I believe only 40% of the commentary was in the game during this build!

You'll get some gameplay of Paxton Lynch & Jared Goff, but most of the gameplay focuses on the Denver Broncos vs the Oakland Raiders. If you guys have any questions about the game, feel free to leave a comment below & I'll try to answer a few of them!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 whoisdo @ 06/24/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Great video but there were some commentary gaps. When Anderson took that screen pass and was running free nothing was said until the end of the play.

Not a big deal by any means but there is still room to grow with the commentary for sure.
Definitely agreed. Devs stated at EA Play that they only had about 40% of the commentary in the game, so I'm hoping the remaining 60% will help fill in gaps like that one.

# 22 Black Bruce Wayne @ 06/24/16 06:57 PM
The game looks like in runs at a Normal speed. Doesnt seem as fast and jittery. Thats a good thing

# 23 BleedGreen710 @ 06/24/16 08:12 PM
this other guy posted it first, why didn't he get the official OS thread? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ick-plays.html

anyway, really loved the video. the suction tackle on crabtree was tough to watch though.

# 24 roadman @ 06/24/16 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
this other guy posted it first, why didn't he get the official OS thread? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ick-plays.html

anyway, really loved the video. the suction tackle on crabtree was tough to watch though.
I'm taking a guess that the OP for this thread is the same person who produced the video. They were only a few minutes apart.

# 25 bad_philanthropy @ 06/24/16 08:34 PM
Small thing I don't think was in 16, Carr had one star on his captain patch. Wonder if these will be assignable and update accordingly in CFM.

# 26 BayRaider510 @ 06/24/16 08:59 PM
Gaudin not cutting off Davis during crucial moments needs to be fixed.

# 27 Cowboy008 @ 06/24/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Small thing I don't think was in 16, Carr had one star on his captain patch. Wonder if these will be assignable and update accordingly in CFM.
We are still not able to pick who are captains can be.

# 28 Hilman11 @ 06/24/16 09:54 PM
Wow, this game is looking very good!!

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRaider510
Gaudin not cutting off Davis during crucial moments needs to be fixed.

He does cut him off though, sometimes it's rather abruptly. Here's an example at 4:43
https://youtu.be/b8CJvn58o-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 videobastard @ 06/24/16 10:29 PM
I dont even play madden anymore but i appreciate them improving the commentary recordings. I wish the mlb the show series would of improved their commentary recordings. But they stayed with matt and still have the same bland style recordings.

# 31 BayRaider510 @ 06/24/16 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He does cut him off though, sometimes it's rather abruptly. Here's an example at 4:43
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
I would figure. Teams with high stud draft picks always magnetize users in Madden.

IRL, this team isn't ready, still a couple years away if it doesn't all fall apart before hand.
url]https://youtu.be/b8CJvn58o-8[/url]

A lot of times he does not cut him off. Davis talks well into the TD beforw Gaudin speaks.

# 32 ShaiLeGran @ 06/25/16 06:03 AM
Madden 17 seems to have that NCAA Football smoothness all over it!! Love these gameplay vids

# 33 Junior Moe @ 06/25/16 06:55 AM
Best vid of the bunch. I echo many comments on the commentary, though. I'd also like to hear the players last name more than "the player" or "He makes the catch". Otherwise M17 is looking like the badly needed substantive turning point for the franchise I have been waiting for. Just ready to play this thing now.

# 34 DGuinta1 @ 06/25/16 10:05 AM
Kicker scored on the fake, they should have mugged him in celebration, his teammates.

# 35 whoisdo @ 06/25/16 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Best vid of the bunch. I echo many comments on the commentary, though. I'd also like to hear the players last name more than "the player" or "He makes the catch". Otherwise M17 is looking like the badly needed substantive turning point for the franchise I have been waiting for. Just ready to play this thing now.
I believe I've heard them reference players on a few instances of big catches or touchdowns. But with only 40% of the commentary in, I'm optimistic we'll see some personal touches like that at launch.

# 36 jpdavis82 @ 06/25/16 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisdo
I believe I've heard them reference players on a few instances of big catches or touchdowns. But with only 40% of the commentary in, I'm optimistic we'll see some personal touches like that at launch.

Davis needs to say the players names more, Gaudin does say their names most of the time from what I've seen.

# 37 bears1387 @ 06/25/16 01:50 PM
Where are the team celebrations!? How often do you see a guy sit there and dance by himself in the NFL and nobody else comes to celebrate...

# 38 Moegames @ 06/25/16 02:51 PM
Wow...Tiburon, you've made major strides, Well done bros!

Not sure if the cams been fixed for zoom running and passing,etc but it does look tweaked..I sure hope its fixed and more options are given this year, one of Madden's Achilles' heel in the past has been the zonky cam choices. Commentary feels fresh finally..so glad you guys got rid of Sims and Corp.

Also you guys need more people on the sidelines, its still not enough..and all the NFL personnel on the sidelines don't all have red shirts..its NEVER like that in a real football game and i been to hundreds of football games. Put some more sideline crews in there, stadium crews, NFL personnel, more media people,etc..even behind the end zones there are lots more people in real games.

The colors need a major boost of vibrancy...really, the colors of Madden are still too dull, no pop in them at all. That's kinda depressing. Its one of those tiny things that mean a lot. Dang..turn up the color strength..the fields need to be greener, the colors of uni's need more strength.. A lot of developers overlook this aspect in Sports games but good TV broadcasts always show a high bit rate of colors that are identical to being at the game itself. Its never washed out like it shows in Madden and in this game play video..Madden is way too washed out still. You guys can tune this up. My HDTV is professional calibrated besides, like i said i been to plenty of games too..and colors are always more vibrant. Look how green and lush the field is, look how the colors of the players and background pop. It's beautiful, it feels alive..Madden looks very dull to the eye. MLB The Show has this same issue.

# 39 WackyD321 @ 06/25/16 03:34 PM
Did anyone else notice at the 2:37 mark in the video after the kicker scores on the fake, the PA announcer says "The kick is no good". Hope that gets fixed. Also the Raiders stadium needs to be updated in the game with the LED boards in the endzones

# 40 k2thaz @ 06/26/16 09:02 AM
commentary is alot better. maybe it's just bc Simms isn't there but I'm excited for that atleast

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.