Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page over the past few days. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • AI will now perform takedowns after catch kicks
  • Improvements to AI stamina management. AI now more likely to take time between combos to regen stamina if low.
  • Tuned AI fighter tendencies for fighters who should throw more/less kicks
  • Improved judges scoring logic
  • And to top things off, there is a brand new move coming
UPDATE 6-27: EA Sports UFC 2 game update 1.08 and content update #5 are available now, below are some additional details.

This update adds three fighters, additional moves to Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter, and AI Tuning.
  • Josh Samman - Men's Middleweight
  • Lorenz Larkin - Men's Welterweight
  • Leonardo Santos - Men's Lightweight
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added Stockton Slap and Imanari Roll Takedown moves to both UFC Ultimate Team and Create a Fighter
  • Adjusted AI tendencies regarding Stamina Management and Kicking for specific fighters.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 johnmangala @ 06/27/16 03:57 PM
Exactly this has several real life examples:

Cheers devteam for getting this in the game we're getting closer and closer to a high level sim.

Now just add paws, standing arm traps, clinch punch health events, more subs from range, head traps/control, clinch parries, guard pulls, clinch defense stance, and reintroduce revamped shifts.

# 82 hurleybird10 @ 06/27/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I think this game is gunna stay this way till after LEC then the next patch will drop.
and i have a feeling the next patch post LEC will be massive and possibly completely change certain aspects

# 83 norml @ 06/27/16 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird10
and i have a feeling the next patch post LEC will be massive and possibly completely change certain aspects
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

# 84 fballturkey @ 06/27/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
I seriously doubt that. It could be the last patch, and they aren't going to want to risk making big changes that could break things.

# 85 aholbert32 @ 06/27/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I seriously doubt that. It could be the last patch, and they aren't going to want to risk making big changes that could break things.
I think it will be bigger than this one but not a massive patch with a ton of features. I think we are past that point.

# 86 Bigg Cee @ 06/27/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
I don't think they even need a massive patch to be honest. I think the game is pretty balanced besides a few hit stuns, but other then that I don't see what else they can really do besides tweak a few things or add a few new moves.

I like the game the way it is right now, to me this has been the best gameplay of UFC 2 we have had offline/online. All I want is some of the hit stuns toned down but other then that please leave the game the way it is. I want focus now on UFC 3 so we can have an amazing fun game.

# 87 chia @ 06/27/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
i thought the roll was to secure a takedown??
Everything Imanari does is to leglock hehe.

# 88 Boiler569 @ 06/27/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
I hope so --- in a good way

# 89 fballturkey @ 06/27/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
If they aren't going to touch the combo multiplier, or holding RB with no stamina punishment, I don't see what else there is to do really, other than increase perm stamina depletion on jabs and straights so guys can't throw 160 shots per round and be totally fine.
I think that making fighters gas faster isn't the solution, or isn't a big part of the solution anyway. The thing that should keep you from throwing 160 shots in a round is that either the other person should be knocked out or, if your shots are poorly timed/ranged you should have been knocked out long ago.

# 90 Dave_S @ 06/27/16 04:52 PM
Yeah man, Thiago Santos should be in game, but I can't complain much because I've been screaming for Larkin since before the game was released.

The prospect killer deserves to be in game also, probably not more than Thiago Santos, bit more than Leonardo Santos.

# 91 aholbert32 @ 06/27/16 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Yeah man, Thiago Santos should be in game, but I can't complain much because I've been screaming for Larkin since before the game was released.

The prospect killer deserves to be in game also, probably not more than Thiago Santos, bit more than Leonardo Santos.
Why Thiago over Leonardo?

Leonardo beat Thiago in TUF Brazil. Won Tuf and hasnt lost in the UFC.

# 92 LeonVegaSuarez @ 06/27/16 05:14 PM
How do I do the Imanari Roll and who has it? Cant figure it out

# 93 fballturkey @ 06/27/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonVegaSuarez
How do I do the Imanari Roll and who has it? Cant figure it out
It's UT only so for now you have to pull the card.

# 94 Bigg Cee @ 06/27/16 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
It's UT only so for now you have to pull the card.
i hope who ever pulls the card can show it on a video clip. I would like to see it since I don't play UT no more. Also I bet ppl are spending extra money on cards to try and get this new move. lol

# 95 Chief Siwash @ 06/27/16 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
i hope who ever pulls the card can show it on a video clip. I would like to see it since I don't play UT no more. Also I bet ppl are spending extra money on cards to try and get this new move. lol
Just make a normal CAF for quick matches, u can find the slap under, L1 -> square, and the roll is the very last takedown on the list and it will show u how to do it.

# 96 SMOKEZERO @ 06/27/16 05:33 PM
I'm just now noticing Alexandra Albu in Women's Strawweight... Has she been here since launch? I must be trippin'

# 97 aholbert32 @ 06/27/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
I'm just now noticing Alexandra Albu in Women's Strawweight... Has she been here since launch? I must be trippin'
Yep since launch.

# 98 Trillz @ 06/27/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep since launch.
did she get cut? i havent seen her fight since.

# 99 Freakywwe @ 06/27/16 06:01 PM
Wow just played a 6 fight card on Pro and lost all but one fight... Very impressed with the new stamina management!

# 100 fballturkey @ 06/27/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Wow just played a 6 fight card on Pro and lost all but one fight... Very impressed with the new stamina management!
That's very promising. Looking forward to trying this out tonight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.