Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A lot of you have been waiting for the Madden NFL 17 team to show off the equipment upgrades this year. Today is the day! The team has added a few helmets and updated some others. They have also brought in new facemasks and updated some more. New gloves, cleats and other accessories were also added this year. Check out the list below and the full blog here.

New Helmets
  • Riddell Speed Flex
  • Schutt Vengeance
  • Rawlings Tachyon
Updated Helmets
  • Air XP
  • Rawlings NRG
  • Riddell RevoSpeed
  • Xenith
New Facemasks
  • Speed Flex 2 Bar
  • Speed Flex Robot
  • Speed Flex Robot RB
  • Speed Flex 3 Bar RB
  • Speed Flex 3 Bar LB
  • Speed Flex Fullcage
  • Vengeance 2 Bar
  • Vengeance Robot
  • Vengeance Robot RB
  • Vengeance 3 Bar RB
  • Vengeance Fullcage
  • Revospeed Cage
  • Revospeed Grid
  • Riddell 360 Robot
  • Riddell 360 Robot 2
  • Riddell 360 3 Bar LB
  • Riddell 360 Fullcage
  • Standard Halfcage 2
Updated Facemasks
  • Standard 3 Bar RB
  • Standard 3 Bar RB Single
  • Standard 3 Bar RB Jagged
  • Standard Bull RB
  • Standard Fullcage
  • Standard Fullcage 2
  • Revo 3 Bar
  • Revo 3 Bar RB
  • Revo Robot
  • Revo Robot 2
  • Revo Fullcage
  • Revo Fullcage 2
  • Revospeed Fullcage 2
  • Xenith 2 Bar
  • Xenith Robot
  • Xenith Robot RB
  • Xenith 3 Bar RB
  • Xenith Fullcage
New Gloves
  • Nike HyperBeast
  • Nike Vapor Jet
  • Nike Vapor Jet Knit
  • Nike SuperBad
  • Under Armour Swarm
  • Under Armour F5
  • Adidas 5 Star 5.0
New Cleats
  • Nike Vapor Untouchable
  • Nike Vapor Untouchable 2
  • Nike Lunar Beast
  • Nike Zoom Code Elite
  • Nike Alpha Pro 2 ¾ TD
  • Nike Vapor Carbon Elite TD
  • Under Armour Spotlight
  • Under Armour Brawler
  • Under Armour Highlight
  • Under Armour Player Exclusive
  • Player Exclusive Retro
  • Adidas Freak X Kevlar
  • Adidas AdiZero 5 Star
New Accessories
  • One-Arm Sleeves - These will be set on each player that wears this style via the default roster so the players in Madden will match their real-world counterparts; these sleeves can also be customized when editing and creating players.
  • Updated Wrist-Tape Options - Black, Team Primary Color and Team Secondary Colored Wrist-Tape
  • Updated the Ankle-Tape options and re-named them to 'Half-Spat' and 'Full-Spat'
  • All the new sleeves, gloves and shoes are set-up for color-swapping to match each team’s primary and secondary colors, as well as black and white.
12 New Gear Packages (You can also use these when creating a coach in Franchise)
  • Nike Drifit Touch Fleece Full-Zip
  • Nike Elite Coach HZ Sweatshirt
  • Nike Elite Coach Polo
  • Nike Elite Coach HZ Full-Zip Hoodie
  • Nike Elite Hybrid Jacket
  • Nike Lockdown Jacket
  • Nike NFL 'Property Of' Circuit Crew
  • Nike NFL 'Property Of' Circuit Pant
  • Nike Performance Practice Hoodie
  • Nike Modern Crew
  • Nike Hooded Sweatshirt
  • Nike Free Trainer 5V6 Shoe

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 The Kid 24 @ 07/08/16 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Exactly ,the Rams are one of many teams with duel colors when you choose white / primary cleat color. For example , last year if you chose white /primary for the Patriots, you got white with blue accents . This year you will get blue with red accents for that colorway .
Ah ok got it!

This new equipment is gonna ADD so much to this game! Cant wait for 8/23.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 162 NYG 98 @ 07/10/16 01:01 AM
has equipment been altered to better fit the players? Particularly helmets, and taller players. Before, heads and helmets never scaled with the player's height, so you would start getting little peanut heads if the player was over 6'3-ish, and giant heads when they're shorter than 5'10". This year, at least the helmets appear to do a better job of realistically covering a player's head and corners of the face. Gronk looks much more proportional this year than last.

# 163 Rams_3 @ 07/10/16 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 98
has equipment been altered to better fit the players? Particularly helmets, and taller players. Before, heads and helmets never scaled with the player's height, so you would start getting little peanut heads if the player was over 6'3-ish, and giant heads when they're shorter than 5'10". This year, at least the helmets appear to do a better job of realistically covering a player's head and corners of the face. Gronk looks much more proportional this year than last.
That's a tough one, in some pics I seen it looks fixed then if you at lynch's head it looks tiny. So idk

# 164 SolidSquid @ 07/10/16 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
That's a tough one, in some pics I seen it looks fixed then if you at lynch's head it looks tiny. So idk
Lol wow never noticed this until you pointed it out. Looks like he has a really tiny head and big shoulders. Looks awkward

# 165 Rams_3 @ 07/10/16 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Lol wow never noticed this until you pointed it out. Looks like he has a really tiny head and big shoulders. Looks awkward
Yup looks pretty bad. I've always hated that, you think someone would've caught it by now. I mean it's in plain sight.

# 166 Rams_3 @ 07/10/16 09:22 AM
Here's another pic

# 167 NYG 98 @ 07/10/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Here's another pic
Yeah, still a problem, but I think it may be more dur to certain helmets. I don't know the model name, but it's a much slimmer lightweight helmet that a lot of guys have picked up over the years, I know Eli Manning has, which is why I first started noticing the issue. It's like these little helmets really squish tall players' heads, which isnt really noticeable if the guy is wearing your bulkier, standard helmets.

Still, I don't know why the players scale the way that they do. Old gen Maddens and 2k used to just have players proportionally get bigger or smaller depending on height, with all equipment scaling too. Everything else in Madden seems to scale, with the exception of heads and helmets, its so weird

# 168 Brooke2011 @ 07/10/16 04:44 PM
It looks like Lynch had a generic face. Maybe the helmets are more fitted for the scanned players?

# 169 jpdavis82 @ 07/11/16 06:27 PM
For any Giants fans, they will have the white pants for home games in 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 170 skinnybonez @ 07/11/16 06:48 PM
They need to more options for adjustable sock length due to the new hi cleats

# 171 KANE699 @ 07/11/16 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
They need to more options for adjustable sock length due to the new hi cleats
He was set to Low sock height when the screen was taken, he has been fixed.

# 172 SageInfinite @ 07/11/16 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
For any Giants fans, they will have the white pants for home games in 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought these were in 16 too?

# 173 Brooke2011 @ 07/11/16 08:11 PM
Kane how does tape spat look on those under armors. What happens to the top part of the cleat?

# 174 Kwarren3 @ 07/11/16 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I thought these were in 16 too?
They did, it's just that they were an alternate. The Giants just announced that for this season they will wear white pants as their primary home pants. JP was just announcing it since this is an equipment thread.

# 175 Sparkles @ 07/11/16 08:20 PM
Is it me or is the blue color fixed on the giants jersey? The blue they had in 16 was so dull, and that looks tremendously better. Maybe its the lighting. Kane can you comment not that??

# 176 skinnybonez @ 07/11/16 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
He was set to Low sock height when the screen was taken, he has been fixed.
Just sayin there should be a low sock height for hi top cleats so they show a little of the white part...

# 177 NYG 98 @ 07/11/16 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
Just sayin there should be a low sock height for hi top cleats so they show a little of the white part...

Hmmm... it seems the game is still too gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Is it me or is the blue color fixed on the giants jersey? The blue they had in 16 was so dull, and that looks tremendously better. Maybe its the lighting. Kane can you comment not that??
I hope the reds in this game are also fixed. The Giants red alternates look pink, whereas they looked fine in every other madden. A lot of the reds look off in the game, the Bucs as another example

# 178 SolidSquid @ 07/11/16 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 98
Hmmm... it seems the game is still too gray

I hope the reds in this game are also fixed. The Giants red alternates look pink, whereas they looked fine in every other madden. A lot of the reds look off in the game, the Bucs as another example
I don't think it's the actual uniforms but the in game lighting. I obviously play a ton with the Bucs but the uniforms are just so dull/faded. Madden really lacks that "pop" you see in real life. Another example though not red is the Rams uniforms.

# 179 Rams_3 @ 07/12/16 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I don't think it's the actual uniforms but the in game lighting. I obviously play a ton with the Bucs but the uniforms are just so dull/faded. Madden really lacks that "pop" you see in real life. Another example though not red is the Rams uniforms.
Especially the horns

# 180 markespo6399 @ 08/03/16 10:07 PM
As a Jaguars fan I took some time with the new equipment list to make an accurate attempt at getting the equipment right. so I linked a spreadsheet I made with accurate equipment from Madden 17 that applies to the past season for Jaguars players. Gloves will be left to whether the team is wearing black or white, and was wondering if anyone else felt this was some inaccurate display of equipment vastly for teams. Hopes it helps anyone who needs it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Y5oo_bISm3aHzwmF_2eP4MvjghZESDLGxTPFPzWCjM/edit

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.