Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Kevin Durant has announced that he will join the Golden State Warriors. Looking at the end of season NBA 2K16 ratings below, the Warriors would have 3 players with a 90+ rating with Draymond Green not far behind. No current team has more than 1 90+ rated player, not even the classic teams have more than 2 players rated 90+.

ESPN's Bomani Jones stated you can't play with that team in 2K. Are the Warriors in NBA 2K17 cheese? If you run into them online, what will you do?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/04/16 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
What can 2k do? Jeez I don't know? Revert to the style they had on ALL previous 2k games? I'm tired of unrealisticy getting matched up versus the same team EVERY game. Sure some scrubs don't know how to use them, but once you get higher up, they ain't scrubs anymore and they still use them.

Sure some players are realisticly elite, but its not realistic to play vs them every single day. This is nba 2k. Not gsw vs cavs 2k
I think this is the point that everyone is missing about online games. The first 1-2 tiers, I'll probably smash most GSW users (maybe). As you move further up the ranks, the users KNOW how to use GSW. A player can't get to the Euroleage and beyond on pure luck. At some point, they had to learn some type of "skills" to keep winning with GSW. Whether it's sim skills or not, it's debatable.

From there, knowing how to beat them is not the problem. It's whether or you team has the roster to matchup with GSW. I use the Pacers, and already my star player has to go mano to mano with Durant. I still have 4 other positions to worry about how to defend them. Steph Curry is going to have the longest "range" in the game, so your point guard is already committed to picking him up at the half-court line. You still got Klay and Draymond to contend with.

Let's not forget that 2K Sports will probably reward Klay and Draymond with a crap load of a new badges. PLUS, the GSW ratings, current badges, and tendecies will force your team to play near perfect basketball to win. Elite team are not difficult to beat per se, but you're more than likely to lose a good majority of the 50/50 balls.

# 42 NYCDaFuture @ 07/04/16 08:31 PM
I think this will answer the ?... Discuss about Durant signing with Golden State and will you use them on NBA 2K17? #OnlineNationGaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U047VALJYI4

# 43 Godgers12 @ 07/04/16 08:32 PM
This will be a dumpster fire mark my words. Not enough balls to go around.

# 44 hanzsomehanz @ 07/04/16 08:37 PM
Well it'll be embarrassing to lose with GSW.

Is there a prediction for an Undefeated Season ? They still need to round out their roster by adding depth at the Center position and Green needs a valued backup player.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

# 45 Law504 @ 07/04/16 08:52 PM
Most Cavs and Warriors users today dont know how to use them, and they will probably will not use them correctly in 2k17, Im not worried at all... I played the best of the best this year and I had my share of loses. Cant wait to play them with my Nets and 76ers in 2k17

Bring it!!

# 46 Caelumfang @ 07/04/16 08:54 PM
Y'all need to screenshot anyone that quits with GS after they are getting blown out.

# 47 Trackball @ 07/04/16 09:14 PM
The salary cap put in place thanks to the Oscar Robertson Settlement did not take into account that players would take less money to stack teams as much as possible.

So why do we have a salary cap in the first place? It obviously doesn't prevent this.

# 48 Vill1520boys @ 07/04/16 09:26 PM
I play a lot of MyCareer mode on 2k and im worried I play as a SF because I hate LeBron lol but I was on Portland we were the 2nd seed and lost to the Ws in the WCF 2years in a Row it was no way to beat them now the will have KD welp its over but I'm trying with the magic I gotta good team just gotta beat the cavs first lol

# 49 Japspec @ 07/04/16 09:32 PM
Might as well close this thread we all know the answer half the beeches on this sight gonna use the 2k17 warriors because their game at best is mediocore.

# 50 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/04/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDaFuture
I think this will answer the ?... Discuss about Durant signing with Golden State and will you use them on NBA 2K17? #OnlineNationGaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U047VALJYI4
Hell no...Pacers all the way. I won't even try them just for fun.

# 51 Japspec @ 07/04/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
If they do that, I swear that I won't buy the game. As I said on Twitter. they might as well rename the game GSW 2K17. Video game wise, I don't see how this team will have a weakness, where an online player can beat them consistently. Steph Curry is already going to be "changed" where he will be the only player that can shoot from d*mn near half-court.
Here is the answer if punk *** 2k would have the classic teams open access with the proper rosters then the 2k17 warriors wouldn't matter but they rather have that bs ranking system that doesn't work to access historic teams.

# 52 Bigg Cee @ 07/04/16 09:40 PM
This is gunna kill online gameplay when 2K17 comes out. Every player is gunna be GSW and i bet the 3 ball will be more powerfull also in the new game, so I expect nothing but cheese or just playing the same team over and over and over. Ughhhhhh...

# 53 bucky3 @ 07/04/16 09:51 PM
I would try to contain them with the Bucks and their lineup of 6'11" PG (Giannis) 6'9" SG (Middleton) 6'9" SF (Parker) 6'11 PF (Monroe) 7'1" C (Maker) all with length and all with superior athleticism to anyone on the GSW.

# 54 Bigg Cee @ 07/04/16 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky3
I would try to contain them with the Bucks and their lineup of 6'11" PG (Giannis) 6'9" SG (Middleton) 6'9" SF (Parker) 6'11 PF (Monroe) 7'1" C (Maker) all with length and all with superior athleticism to anyone on the GSW.
Ya then the game takes over and all your players can't stay in front of them or you start to miss everything while they shoot nothing but 3's with high rated players. Sounds Fun

# 55 blk5tar5 @ 07/04/16 10:20 PM
this is why 2K should make NBA today games ranked games so users don't have to play GSW 24/7 all the time and killed the online experience.

# 56 NYCDaFuture @ 07/04/16 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Hell no...Pacers all the way. I won't even try them just for fun.

Lmaoo, nah u already know what teams i'll be using fam. Lakers and Knicks All Day Like Always.. #OnlineNation

# 57 tbook24 @ 07/04/16 11:07 PM
no post defense just go to the rim.. And if you make them go to the hole you can win because a team like the Spurs with Gasol has shot blockers and can score from everywhere inside and outside.

# 58 twebb5896 @ 07/05/16 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook24
no post defense just go to the rim.. And if you make them go to the hole you can win because a team like the Spurs with Gasol has shot blockers and can score from everywhere inside and outside.
If it's like 2k16 with these ridiculous shot blocks Steph Curry will be able to protect the paint.

# 59 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/05/16 01:46 AM
If you have to ask .. Then the answer is obvious

# 60 legacyme3 @ 07/05/16 05:18 AM
Simple, I won't play online. Sucks, but 99% of people will be cheesing with them, and even if I can win, it's going to get boring playing the same team over and over.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.