Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Kevin Durant has announced that he will join the Golden State Warriors. Looking at the end of season NBA 2K16 ratings below, the Warriors would have 3 players with a 90+ rating with Draymond Green not far behind. No current team has more than 1 90+ rated player, not even the classic teams have more than 2 players rated 90+.

ESPN's Bomani Jones stated you can't play with that team in 2K. Are the Warriors in NBA 2K17 cheese? If you run into them online, what will you do?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 ChaseB @ 07/05/16 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjr
As we saw in the Finals... "live by the jumper, die by the jumper." If they don't get a reliable low post option or two, they can be beat. Bogut and Ezeli aren't consistent enough. They'll win games, but they can be beat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
1994 called, it wants its narrative back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
2016 called, it just happened a few weeks ago.
Ha, did it? The 73-win team who won with the same roster the year before lost because of Ezeli and Bogut this time around? I must have missed that. I saw LeBron at the four eviscerating them on both ends being sort of a bigger deal than Bogut or Ezeli, call me crazy.

Low-post offense being the most inefficient shot in basketball probably doesn't help prove this either. Or that Tristan roasted the Warriors both seasons either way. Or that Draymond at the 5 is still their most dominant lineup either way.

But hey, sure, it's because they didn't have a low-post big. If you want to die on that hill pushing that narrative then by all means.

# 62 extremeskins04 @ 07/05/16 08:59 AM
It's not just online, it's offline franchise mode too. I simmed the season 20 times with Durant on the Warriors team and they won the championship 18 out of 20 times with the Cavs winning it once and Spurs winning it another year. And those two years they didn't win it, Durant was injured one year and Curry and Green were injured another year.

So how will this affect 2k17? Might as well play a bad team and rebuild them cause you most likely aren't winning the championship for 2-3 years with another team.

Warriors now have 4 players in the 90's.

This is like putting AJ Green, Julio Jones and Rob Gronkowski on the same team. Or JJ Watt, Von Miller and Khalil Mack on the same team.

# 63 Mauer4MVP @ 07/05/16 09:38 AM
Two ways the Warriors don't win the title:

1. Depleted bench causes issues and forces the starters to log heavy minutes. That leads to exhaustion /injuries.

2. LeBron is even better than this year.

# 64 Mbunn1993 @ 07/05/16 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's not just online, it's offline franchise mode too. I simmed the season 20 times with Durant on the Warriors team and they won the championship 18 out of 20 times with the Cavs winning it once and Spurs winning it another year. And those two years they didn't win it, Durant was injured one year and Curry and Green were injured another year.

So how will this affect 2k17? Might as well play a bad team and rebuild them cause you most likely aren't winning the championship for 2-3 years with another team.

Warriors now have 4 players in the 90's.

This is like putting AJ Green, Julio Jones and Rob Gronkowski on the same team. Or JJ Watt, Von Miller and Khalil Mack on the same team.

Do you have proof of this? I don't believe that at all. That would make the big four 46-48 years old by year 20 and no one plays this long in game, let alone keep their stats high enough to do that

# 65 Mbunn1993 @ 07/05/16 09:48 AM
The other thing that worries me about this is KD's loyalty changing in-game, and then possibly leaving in MyCareer/Franchise modes after the 1st or 2nd year to another team.

# 66 extremeskins04 @ 07/05/16 09:49 AM
You didn't understand me. I said I simmed this first year with Durant on the team 20 times, not 20 years into the future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 67 Mbunn1993 @ 07/05/16 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
You didn't understand me. I said I simmed this first year with Durant on the team 20 times, not 20 years into the future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Oh okay that makes sense. That I believe. My fault.

# 68 Benz87 @ 07/05/16 10:31 AM
I wouldnt call it cheese, as I consider cheesing exploiting the game mechanics or a glitch in some way.

I'm sure it will be the team half of the online players are using, which is no different that last year. It will be hard to match up with them, but if it's anything like last year most GS users would recklessly jack up 30 3's with Curry and I'd win by 15, so i'm not too concerned.

# 69 DBMcGee3 @ 07/05/16 10:37 AM
I've never been all that great as the Warriors for whatever reason. I mean I've had games where Steph and/or Klay light it up, but I've never been able to just rain down 30 footers like you see those guys do virtually every game in real life, or just pull up for contested 3s all night and still go 8-12.

I'm mediocre at best though, I'm sure there are more capable ballers out there who can take better advantage of the Splash Bros than I have. I'm lost out there without at least 1 decent big man to post up once in awhile.

# 70 jfsolo @ 07/05/16 10:48 AM
I don't play online so I'm not going to have to deal with the possibility of playing against GS practically every game, but 2K definitely needs to put in place easy mechanisms for people to opt out of playing against them over and over again.

That people would even have do something like "dashboarding" to back out of a game against a team is ridiculous.

One good thing that hopefully comes out of this, is that 2K has to know that if all of the fundamentally flawed aspects of how defense was played in 2K16 are still present in 2K17(logically they would have already been fixing this anyway) then the game will be exponentially less fun for a lot of people, especially considering how ubiquitous usage of the Warriors is going to be.

# 71 NDAlum @ 07/05/16 12:46 PM
For those talking about the loss of Bogut...they are bringing in Zaza who I would consider just as good if not better and more reliable. They basically got him for nothing too. 1-year $3M

# 72 Mauer4MVP @ 07/05/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
For those talking about the loss of Bogut...they are bringing in Zaza who I would consider just as good if not better and more reliable. They basically got him for nothing too. 1-year $3M
Those are the types of moves that I think should be prevented. Like have some sort of minimum salary based on historical basis (ppg, all-star games, mvps, etc).

# 73 jfsolo @ 07/05/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Zaza is arguably the worst rim protecting big in the league, which is the thing that GS needs most from their 5 man. It may not matter in game or IRL, with the firepower that they have though.

# 74 Mauer4MVP @ 07/05/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Zaza is arguably the worst rim protecting big in the league, which is the thing that GS needs most from their 5 man. It may not matter in game or IRL, with the firepower that they have though.
That's not even remotely true. 52.2 fg% for opponents at the rim. That's better than Drummond, Tristian Thompson, Mason Plumlee, Dieng, etc.

# 75 kgbrolic @ 07/05/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
I will not be playing NBA 2K17 online!
This. And this.

# 76 diehardknicksfan @ 07/05/16 02:45 PM
they need to add a team filter lol, I'll wait a little bit to find a good matchup

# 77 twebb5896 @ 07/05/16 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Ha, did it? The 73-win team who won with the same roster the year before lost because of Ezeli and Bogut this time around? I must have missed that. I saw LeBron at the four eviscerating them on both ends being sort of a bigger deal than Bogut or Ezeli, call me crazy.

Low-post offense being the most inefficient shot in basketball probably doesn't help prove this either. Or that Tristan roasted the Warriors both seasons either way. Or that Draymond at the 5 is still their most dominant lineup either way.

But hey, sure, it's because they didn't have a low-post big. If you want to die on that hill pushing that narrative then by all means.
I was referring to the part when he talked about dying by the 3, which they did by going cold from outside. You really took that one personally lol.

Also I really hope you don't think a shot from 3-6 feet away from the basket is the most inefficient shot in basketball. Have you ever heard of the mid-range? Come on man.

# 78 diehardknicksfan @ 07/05/16 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
That's not even remotely true. 52.2 fg% for opponents at the rim. That's better than Drummond, Tristian Thompson, Mason Plumlee, Dieng, etc.
they are not good rim protectors either

# 79 twebb5896 @ 07/05/16 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardknicksfan
they are not good rim protectors either
Zaza is a master of verticality, he may not block shots but he will alter a lot of them without fouling, great pickup by the Warriors. I do think they will miss Bogut's elite passing though.

# 80 Jrocc23 @ 07/05/16 03:02 PM
Cannot wait to play against them in MyCareer. It was already hard enough beating Durant on OKC. But now w/ 2K17 most likely catering to Steph shooting ability and Klay and Draymond. It's going to be VERY fun.

Doesn't matter though. Still talking that trophy home my first year[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.