Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Kevin Durant has announced that he will join the Golden State Warriors. Looking at the end of season NBA 2K16 ratings below, the Warriors would have 3 players with a 90+ rating with Draymond Green not far behind. No current team has more than 1 90+ rated player, not even the classic teams have more than 2 players rated 90+.

ESPN's Bomani Jones stated you can't play with that team in 2K. Are the Warriors in NBA 2K17 cheese? If you run into them online, what will you do?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 Gosens6 @ 07/18/16 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I am thinking they WILL be cheese. As a keen OKC fan, Durant is a..... yeah.....

But until they complete their roster who's to say? They had GREAT pieces to form a 73 win team and most of those pieces are gone now. Let's see who they fill it out with, either way they ain't winning 73.....
Who'd they lose? Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut?

Barnes was damn near worthless in the playoffs, and Boguts defense will MAYBE be missed. They were replaced with Kevin Durant and David West. That's a trade off I'm willing to take any day.

I'm calling 77 wins for this team if they can stay healthy

# 142 Gosens6 @ 07/18/16 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
No way do they even get close to that. They put too much into the regular season, and we're pretty much dead on their feet for the Cleveland series. The one seed will be their only priority, and once that's taken care of, guys will be rested for games. With a smaller roster, they can't risk it.
While you have a point, if this team sees a chance to break their own record from last year, they will. 4 more wins with the addition of KD definitely isn't out of the realm of possibility

# 143 blk5tar5 @ 07/18/16 09:28 AM
This "super team" won't win rings if NBA goes into a lock out. Plus everybody on that roster will only be available for this current session coming up. Everybody is a free agent after so GSW only has 1 more chance to get another championship for the 2017!

# 144 MarkWilliam @ 07/18/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Who'd they lose? Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut?

Barnes was damn near worthless in the playoffs, and Boguts defense will MAYBE be missed. They were replaced with Kevin Durant and David West. That's a trade off I'm willing to take any day.

I'm calling 77 wins for this team if they can stay healthy

Ezeli, Speights, Rush to name a few more. I feel I'm forgetting more. Their centre is Verajao which is dreadful. But the point is, lots of pieces that contributed to a record season. How lots of pieces fit is key.... and they all fit.

# 145 ChaseB @ 07/18/16 10:05 PM
Quote:
Ezeli, Speights, Rush to name a few more. I feel I'm forgetting more. Their centre is Verajao which is dreadful. But the point is, lots of pieces that contributed to a record season. How lots of pieces fit is key.... and they all fit.
They signed Pachulia, just a heads up.

# 146 MarkWilliam @ 07/18/16 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
They signed Pachulia, just a heads up.

Yep that's true......

Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli - OUT

Durant, West, Pachulia - IN

Just to name the core pieces.... I dunno..... if Curry and Durant start doing their thing out there, doesn't Thompson have to dumb down to a Barnes type role? And losing Bogut and Ezeli is huge IMO. Very solid pieces. Seems like a hell of a decision to break up a team that won 73 games..... even if it means getting KD. I know I sound crazy but bringing in a former MVP will surely mean Klay can't be Klay no more, or Curry can't be Curry to the extent he has been..... only 1 ball ya know?

# 147 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/18/16 10:34 PM
Quote:
Yep that's true......

Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli - OUT

Durant, West, Pachulia - IN

Just to name the core pieces.... I dunno..... if Curry and Durant start doing their thing out there, doesn't Thompson have to dumb down to a Barnes type role? And losing Bogut and Ezeli is huge IMO. Very solid pieces. Seems like a hell of a decision to break up a team that won 73 games..... even if it means getting KD. I know I sound crazy but bringing in a former MVP will surely mean Klay can't be Klay no more, or Curry can't be Curry to the extent he has been..... only 1 ball ya know?
Good point. The other players ratings could drop over time. However, when the game drops, they're going to be a handful.

# 148 MarkWilliam @ 07/18/16 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Good point. The other players ratings could drop over time. However, when the game drops, they're going to be a handful.

Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli being out, their team ranking for defense surely has to drop (from 1st). KD has length but defensively can be beaten off the dribble (as shown in the GSW series). Without a pure rim protector on Bogut's level aswell, that will hurt their team rating surely.

Interested to see, because when Curry is doing his thing, KD has to then become a set shooter (which Barne's was ok at). So the cheese level may not be TOO unbearable.

I suppose where it can become a hassle is when KD starts ISO ball and people have to stay at home on shooters (Curry, Thompson and Green)..... so are GSW going to start championing ISO ball? Come off a record 73 win season to champion ISO ball? May have to but from a purest level of basketball, not brilliant.

Curious to see how it all plays out.....

# 149 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/18/16 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
To answer the question its not "cheese"

people said the same thing when The C's got KG and Ray and I was blowing everyone out.
Honestly, the C's didn't scare me that much when they formed from a video game perspective. KG, Allen, and Pierce weren't athletic players during their time together. Rondo couldn't shoot for nothing. Perkins was Perkins. After that, the bench was manageable.

The Celtics were like the yearly Spurs. The general gaming community will mostly ignore them, but they're a damn good team when you know how to use them. As for the Heat, Lebron was a household name and was greatest player in the game. Wade was torching my *** for years before that. Bosh was a quiet superstar who went largely ignored by gaming community, because he played for Toronto. Just by name recognition alone, bandwagon players were going to use Miami by far. Same thing will happen with GSW this year.

# 150 TeamBuilder @ 07/23/16 10:57 AM
The Warriors drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond. I feel sorry for Warriors fans who will choose them in 2K17 because they'll be despised/quit on for picking their favorite team - who happened to draft well.

Instead of punishing players who pick the Warriors by raging/quitting, write a letter to the G.S. front office and complain that they drafted too well and it's making your video game life harder.

# 151 JJRuelz @ 07/25/16 10:37 AM
Damn. I can already feel the 30 for 30 being made on this team.

# 152 eNUFFplays @ 07/25/16 11:03 AM
No doubt they will be rated the best team overall in 2k17. Personally I don't think they will be cheese because the player using them has to provide some sort of skill to use them.

# 153 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/25/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNUFFplays
No doubt they will be rated the best team overall in 2k17. Personally I don't think they will be cheese because the player using them has to provide some sort of skill to use them.
It won't take much skill to use them.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.