Home
NASCAR Heat Evolution News Post

Check out the official trailer for NASCAR Heat Evolution, scheduled to arrive on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 13.

Featuring over 40 drivers, all 23 licensed NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks, and a variety of gameplay modes, NASCAR Heat Evolution is the first authentic NASCAR game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

New Consoles: The first full NASCAR video game makes its debut on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

New Gameplay Engine: Rebuilt from the ground up, NASCAR Heat Evolution brings back the fun and excitement of NASCAR you know and love.

New AI: Whether you’re a rookie or a trained racing veteran, the dynamic AI system adjusts to your skill level.

New Tracks: Daytona has risen, Colossus is fired up at Bristol, and your other favorite tracks are ready for the 2016 season.

New Damage: With the all-new damage model, Darlington Stripes have never looked better, if you earn ‘em.

New Drivers: Matt DiBenedetto, Chris Buescher, and others make their NASCAR video game debut.

New Online: The online gameplay system has been rebuilt to ensure fun, competitive, and fast racing.

Game: NASCAR Heat EvolutionReader Score: 4.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 RyanLaFalce @ 07/16/16 04:59 PM
I hope they captured this in arcade mode. Otherwise, it didn't look good at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 2 Turbojugend @ 07/16/16 11:34 PM
It probably is arcade mode, I think all of the preview stuff has been so far.

Still, I'm underwhelmed. A modern-day racer has to complete with the Forzas and Driveclubs of the world, and visually this doesn't come close. Maybe if it's running at a locked 60 fps, but if not...

Also, I really want to know if any of the ETX assets are being used or if this is a rebuild from the ground up. I'm pretty sure DM acquired those assets, and some of this looks very familiar. I do realize this is probably a very small and very passionate dev team, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

# 3 Fenderbendr @ 07/17/16 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

Still, I'm underwhelmed. A modern-day racer has to complete with the Forzas and Driveclubs of the world, and visually this doesn't come close. Maybe if it's running at a locked 60 fps, but if not...

Also, I really want to know if any of the ETX assets are being used or if this is a rebuild from the ground up. I'm pretty sure DM acquired those assets, and some of this looks very familiar. I do realize this is probably a very small and very passionate dev team, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Someone on DMR's official Twitter account said it runs at 30 fps sadly.

# 4 OPDriver @ 07/17/16 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

They have stated that it has been built from the ground up. Nothing from ETX was used, at least from what I have read or seen.

As for the visuals, I could care less personally. The reason for that is that if the game plays and races like it should then I can forgive the lack of better graphics. All I want is a solid first game that can be built upon in later installments to the series. Get it right first and then add the extras and other stuff.

# 5 Godgers12 @ 07/17/16 12:19 PM
How many drivers are in the game? Just 43, or more?

# 6 bravesfan1984 @ 07/17/16 12:45 PM
At this point, graphics are the least of my concerns regarding a NASCAR game. I desperately just want a NASCAR game that gets all the basics right and doesn't possess all the bugs of the last several games.

# 7 countryboy @ 07/18/16 08:16 AM
Looking forward to September. Liked the trailer.

# 8 brandon27 @ 07/18/16 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
At this point, graphics are the least of my concerns regarding a NASCAR game. I desperately just want a NASCAR game that gets all the basics right and doesn't possess all the bugs of the last several games.

I get it, and I agree. But for what will likely be a game at the typical top end of the pricing spectrum for x1/ps4 games, I think we should expect a bit more, no? If you want to give us what appear to be graphics similar to last gen, then this should be at a lower price point IMO.

Believe me, I get it, new game, ground up, all that. I understand and appreciate that, but I just feel that for what we're paying for games now, if it's indeed at the regular pricing of say, Madden, or NBA2k, it should look the part of a current gen game. The horsepower is in the consoles.

Still hoping these are just crappy quality captures, but it's not looking to be the case. I mean, sure, the game looks fine, but it's far from where Forza is, or F1 from a visuals perspective, and that's a problem IMO.

# 9 Turbojugend @ 07/18/16 09:53 AM
It looks as though my question was answered in an edit to the original post: This is indeed a new game from the ground up. Good to know.

And I agree with Brandon. Graphics aren't the be-all-to-end-all, but we should expect a $60 title to look like one. It's hard for me to judge by watching a trailer on the internet, maybe the game looks and plays great. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

# 10 Thrash13 @ 07/18/16 03:06 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed with the graphics, especially after seeing how great the Nascar cars look in the Forza Expansion pack. That being said, this will be a fully licensed Nascar game for PS4 and still looks like it could be lots of fun. That's what matters most to me, so I'll still be following it very closely! I have a feeling it'll still look pretty damn good when it releases.

# 11 montesixpac @ 07/20/16 04:48 PM
Pretty sure they sold a copy to me by simply promoting a Nascar game with realism to it. I have been waiting for a good Nascar game. I really want the ability to play a career mode online with other players. I get that it probably wouldn't end up being a really really popular mode since everyone has to be on at the same time for the race, but I'd love for my brother and I to be able to run through a career/season mode online together.

Like others have said, the graphics don't look great, but hopefully they have put enough into the rest of the game to make it fun.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.