Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.07 is available now. Below are the details we have so far. As we get more information, we will update this post.
  • Added new promotional item themes
  • Battle Royale tournament and reward changes
The normal maintenance is happening now, so you will have issues connecting until they are finished later this morning. With that said, let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: Here are the official patch notes.
  • Added new groundwork for future promotion Item deployment. (Promo pack stuff).
  • Changes to the Battle Royale rewards were made:
    • Rewards will now unlock after winning 3, 6, 9, 12, and 20. The rewards at 12-0 and 20-0 are of the same tier (highest).
    • There is a specific reward for being 12-0 and a slightly different reward for going 12-1.
    • Users will still be able to play to 20 games in order to get the trophy.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 saintjimbo1885 @ 07/21/16 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Good to see they are concentrating on the important things and not wasting time with gameplay fixes!!
A warning for that.... seriously!!

Excuse me for hoping for a patch that might actually fix gameplay issues, some of which have been in the game for years.

It's pretty obvious that with this year's game the devs are concentrating on fixing issues that help them increase their potential revenue streams first and foremost.

Gameplay fixes be damned!!

# 22 indigence @ 07/21/16 05:48 PM
Anyone notice bugs with RTTS? I've had an inning end after the second out while on base. Baserunners disappearing after I reach base. I've gone back and looked at the game logs, and it's bugged.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 23 Bullit @ 07/21/16 05:58 PM
I've played about a month's worth of games and have not noticed anything. I will be on in about two hours I will check it out.

# 24 Ghost Of The Year @ 07/21/16 06:34 PM
Maybe I have the wrong definition of "patch" but this doesn't seem to be the run of the mill type patch.
Of course I can't recall the Show ever reaching a 7th patch either.
I've got to think this is last patch for 16, unless SDS does another one that's similar to this one.

# 25 jada855 @ 07/22/16 01:51 AM
For those who are curious turning Showtime off still does not work properly! Maybe next year!

# 26 sportomatic75 @ 07/22/16 02:10 AM
Seems like a useless patch seeing that I don't play any of the online modes

# 27 manny2012 @ 07/22/16 03:13 AM
Quote:
A warning for that.... seriously!!

Excuse me for hoping for a patch that might actually fix gameplay issues, some of which have been in the game for years.

It's pretty obvious that with this year's game the devs are concentrating on fixing issues that help them increase their potential revenue streams first and foremost.

Gameplay fixes be damned!!

There won't ever be a year of perfect gameplay. No matter the game there will always be something wrong in somebody's opinion.

This years version is as close to perfection compared to previous versions imo.

# 28 saintjimbo1885 @ 07/22/16 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
There won't ever be a year of perfect gameplay. No matter the game there will always be something wrong in somebody's opinion.

This years version is as close to perfection compared to previous versions imo.
If this year's game was a pitcher then I would suspect it was a set up man. By that I mean that I'm hoping this year's game is merely about laying the foundations so that SDS can generate more income (a la Ultimate Team) which can then hopefully be used for the benefit of all aspects of The Show.

Btw I do find it a bit defeatist to say that we will never get perfect gameplay but gameplay is of course a very subjective thing. As mentioned previously though, this year's game has seen an incredible amount of patches that largely have more to do with fixing potential online revenue streams and server problems than actual gameplay issues.

Worryingly, when a gimmick (my opinion!!) like Showtime was announced, we were told that we would have the ability to turn this on/off but as a poster above has confirmed, even after seven patches, this is still not the case as the on/off option still doesn't work properly!!

Likewise the decision to only allow us five roster slot saves was quite baffling unless SDS are trying to force us into a one year and out game and then there were things like the 'improvements' to baserunning that actually set it back somewhat etc

Oh and I'm not Show bashing here but I just think this year has been a pretty difficult one for the developers.

Of course none of the above has anything to do with the 1.07 patch and is just me defending my position, so I do apologise and promise not to post again in this thread!!

# 29 Armor and Sword @ 07/22/16 07:45 AM
Quote:
If this year's game was a pitcher then I would suspect it was a set up man. By that I mean that I'm hoping this year's game is merely about laying the foundations so that SDS can generate more income (a la Ultimate Team) which can then hopefully be used for the benefit of all aspects of The Show.

Btw I do find it a bit defeatist to say that we will never get perfect gameplay but gameplay is of course a very subjective thing. As mentioned previously though, this year's game has seen an incredible amount of patches that largely have more to do with fixing potential online revenue streams and server problems than actual gameplay issues.

Worryingly, when a gimmick (my opinion!!) like Showtime was announced, we were told that we would have the ability to turn this on/off but as a poster above has confirmed, even after seven patches, this is still not the case as the on/off option still doesn't work properly!!

Likewise the decision to only allow us five roster slot saves was quite baffling unless SDS are trying to force us into a one year and out game and then there were things like the 'improvements' to baserunning that actually set it back somewhat etc

Oh and I'm not Show bashing here but I just think this year has been a pretty difficult one for the developers.

Of course none of the above has anything to do with the 1.07 patch and is just me defending my position, so I do apologise and promise not to post again in this thread!!
While it is highly annoying we only have 5 slots on our HDD for roster saves.....you can simply transfer them to a USB stick and free up all 5 slots for more rosters. I have over 20 carry over season files with all my classic rosters (from 14 and 15) on my USB stick. Yeah it's a PITA that I can't have them all on my HDD....so I just choose which ones I know I am going to play and leave the rest on my USB stick.

Come on man. "One and done game" devious plan by the developer team? That is a ridiculous statement when there is clearly a solution using a USB stick. I gotta believe their was some technical reason for it and hopefully it can be explained during next seasons cycle on the reason for limited save slots in rosters, franchise/season modes.

# 30 KBLover @ 07/22/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I gotta believe their was some technical reason for it and hopefully it can be explained during next seasons cycle on the reason for limited save slots in rosters, franchise/season modes.

I hope so and I'd like to know what it is. I mean, I know consoles are more "limited" than PCs, but...I don't know it seems odd. Thought save slots died with the old PS1 memory cards.

# 31 Adam_SDS @ 07/22/16 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
For those who are curious turning Showtime off still does not work properly! Maybe next year!
Would you be able to elaborate on how ShowTime is not turning off correctly?

# 32 bcruise @ 07/22/16 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_SDS
Would you be able to elaborate on how ShowTime is not turning off correctly?
Hello Adam -

I believe this is what he's referring to:

And here's a thread from which that video originated:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048152222

As Stolm pointed out, even though he didn't check the regular gameplay options it's pretty clear that he wasn't using Showtime fielding (otherwise he would have gotten the crosshair throwing interface). So then, with Showtime opportunities also turned off, the off-the-bat slowdown should not have occurred.

I'm pretty sure that's the same problem Jada is claiming to have (repeatedly). And seeing it in real time with the options screen displayed takes user profile confusion out of the equation.

# 33 jada855 @ 07/22/16 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hello Adam -

As Stolm pointed out, even though he didn't check the regular gameplay options it's pretty clear that he wasn't using Showtime fielding (otherwise he would have gotten the crosshair throwing interface). So then, with Showtime opportunities also turned off, the off-the-bat slowdown should not have occurred.

I'm pretty sure that's the same problem Jada is claiming to have (repeatedly). And seeing it in real time with the options screen displayed takes user profile confusion out of the equation.
bcruise,

I appreciate you posting a video of this issue. It is exactly what I am talking about.

# 34 Adam_SDS @ 07/22/16 08:24 PM
Thank you for the information guys. That is what I assumed you were referring to. The issue is that these "R1 to Catch" moments are NOT ShowTime. These are separate little "hot shots" that may occur during play. We do not currently have the ability to turn these off in-game. Sorry for the confusion on these types of catches.

# 35 zeeque @ 07/23/16 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Hello Adam -

Quote:
Thank you for the information guys. That is what I assumed you were referring to. The issue is that these "R1 to Catch" moments are NOT ShowTime. These are separate little "hot shots" that may occur during play. We do not currently have the ability to turn these off in-game. Sorry for the confusion on these types of catches.
i just let it be. the slo mo passes in a couple of seconds and then i just field the groundball as is

# 36 jada855 @ 07/23/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Adam_SDS,

Thanks for posting this information.

# 37 headzapp @ 07/23/16 02:35 PM
All I wanted was the center field wall number fixed at Busch Stadium. But I'm not complaining. you don't notice it unless you look for it or know the number that's there. But good for the team to keep pushing out patches so late in the year.

# 38 Armor and Sword @ 07/24/16 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Yeah, I'd love to hear the explanation on this too. Not sure how it can be tech limitation when you could do it last year without an issue. The limitation should be on your PS4 available drive capacity...certainly not on the download process.

Yes, you can use a USB. Yes, there is a workaround. But why need to? This was a head scratcher and is inconvenient for the end user.

I hope they clarify why it was necessary.
I wish I knew......I was annoyed about it as I previously stated. But fortunately you can use the USB stick. Hopefully they explain what the heck happened in that regard. I am clueless as I am no tech savvy game programmer.

I just play the games.

# 39 tessl @ 07/24/16 10:16 AM
It has been universally reported runs scored in manage mode are inordinately low. I'm guessing SCEA either can't figure out how to fix it or they simply don't care.

To say it is disappointing is an understatement.

# 40 KBLover @ 07/24/16 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
It has been universally reported runs scored in manage mode are inordinately low. I'm guessing SCEA either can't figure out how to fix it or they simply don't care.

To say it is disappointing is an understatement.

Or they figure, that's what sliders are for.

Depending on why the offense persists on being so anemic, that could at least help. But if it something in how the CPU plays the game (AI decisions, etc), then no that would have to be adjusted by SDS in all likelihood. Sliders can do only so much in general, but especially in regards to decision making on the field.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.