Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

When Paul George was announced as the NBA 2K17 cover athlete, many readers pointed out that he was wearing the Team USA jersey in the background, possibly hinting at the Olympics being involved in the game this year.

Fox Sports Australia has just confirmed the Australian National Team will be featured in the game (for the first time ever), so we will most likely hear about the other teams included and possibly what mode(s) they will be included in fairly soon.

As noted by Basketball Australia, here is the team roster.
  • David Andersen
  • Cameron Bairstow
  • Aron Baynes
  • Andrew Bogut
  • Ryan Broekhoff
  • Matthew Dellavedova
  • Dante Exum
  • Chris Goulding
  • Joe Ingles
  • Kevin Lisch
  • Damian Martin
  • Patrick Mills
  • Brock Motum
Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 CaseIH @ 07/24/16 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencad123

When Paul George was announced as the NBA 2K17 cover athlete, many readers pointed out that he was wearing the Team USA jersey in the background, possibly hinting at the Olympics being involved in the game this year.

Fox Sports Australia has just confirmed the Australian National Team will be featured in the game (for the first time ever), so we will most likely hear about the other teams included and possibly what mode(s) they will be included in fairly soon.

As noted by Basketball Australia, here is the team roster.
  • David Andersen
  • Cameron Bairstow
  • Aron Baynes
  • Andrew Bogut
  • Ryan Broekhoff
  • Matthew Dellavedova
  • Dante Exum
  • Chris Goulding
  • Joe Ingles
  • Kevin Lisch
  • Damian Martin
  • Patrick Mills
  • Brock Motum
Post your thoughts!

Wow, Ryan Broekhoff will be in the game, Im excited, watch this kid up close his whole time at Valpo, from his freshmen yr thru his senior yr, as my wife and I were season ticket holders till a couple yrs ago when I just got to bad health wise to go any longer, so thrilled I will get to play with him in the game. Had always felt the kid was good enough to play in the NBA, and if he got with the right team, he coul dbe a key role player off the bench. The kid hustles and plays as hard as anyone Ive ever seen, and is very smart along with being a good shooter.

# 42 daveberg @ 07/24/16 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
I hope we can at least edit the Dream Teamers this time. I HATED that we couldn't put on their proper accessories and had to keep them in generic 2K shoes. That was a waste of time to have the Dream Team in and not be able to edit them.
I hear you on that man. Was ridiculous seeing them in generic shoes and Jordan in the wrong colorways.

Offtopic here, but I really want 2k to add back in the arena sounds/music for the classic teams this year. It's been gone since 2k12 - Chicago Stadium and the Forum are just empty shells without their organ music playing as the Bulls/Lakers bring the ball up court.....

# 43 Vroman @ 07/24/16 08:16 AM
If they do include all national teams with the same effort to details like team USA it'd be amazing. But i got a feeling anybody that not in NBA will have same generic signature styles, blank hot zones, no badges and very inaccurate attributes, terrible cyberfaces.

# 44 loco78 @ 07/24/16 03:54 PM
Only the olympic teams are too few... If the comparison is with FIFA, there are many national teams (also not qualified for olympic game) that can be competitive and sell well in these nations (like Italy, Greece, Russia and Canada),

# 45 midwestking100 @ 07/25/16 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
I hope we can at least edit the Dream Teamers this time. I HATED that we couldn't put on their proper accessories and had to keep them in generic 2K shoes. That was a waste of time to have the Dream Team in and not be able to edit them.
Not only were their accessories out of wack but their hair styles were inaccurate for that era. Just didnt feel right playing with a 1998 karl malone on that team,etc.

# 46 daveberg @ 07/26/16 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Not only were their accessories out of wack but their hair styles were inaccurate for that era. Just didnt feel right playing with a 1998 karl malone on that team,etc.
Agreed.

Though I praise 2k for their legend inclusions, the artwork and accuracy has a LONG way to go.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.