Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has continued revealing their Madden NFL 17 player ratings today, as they announce the top 5 running backs in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Le'Veon Bell (Overall 94)
  • Adrian Peterson (Overall 91)
  • Doug Martin (Overall 90)
  • Jamaal Charles (Overall 89)
  • Lamar Miller (Overall 88)
Previously released Madden NFL 17 player ratings:

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Mauer4MVP @ 07/22/16 05:14 PM
Just want to point out that Adrian Peterson did play in the first game of 2014. Those players were really impressed by those 75 yards.

# 62 crackdownjr @ 07/22/16 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy0000
no hate,just honesty!how can jaylen smith,Myles jack,Ragland,nkemdiche(all were supposed to be top 5 picks outside of their issues) be taxed ratings wise despite clearly being superior;to the point,Buckner,Conklin,Henry,aguayo,stayley are rated above them at top 10 rookies?how could you advertise in blogs and interviews that injuries are improved and matter as well as age,performance etc when it factors into ratings and their increasing and decreasing?
All that and then:

-drop AP to 91,but he's the nfl leading rusher,no suspension or injury carrying a team,sat out a year and hadn't missed a beat,11 td

-Bell 556rush 136catch(missed games) Allstar offense 3 tds and shared time

-David Johnson shared time,581 rush 8 tds on 125 carries.457 catching 4 tds

-gurley missed 4 games 1100 yards subpar offense

-Charles missed 11 games injury(Been injuried two straight years same speed) 364 rush 177 catch 4tds

-Lamar miller primary back,872 rushing 16 games 8 tds,397 catch 2 tds(declined from 2014 but moved up)?

Doug Martin is deserving

-Carson Palmer 35 td,11 int,104.6 qb rating,4,671 yard passing(highest ever),yet he's not even on the list lol

Tom "mr cheat" Brady 36 tds,7 int,,4,770 yards,102 qb rating yet he's behind Rogers?

Big Ben 94.5 qb rating,3,938 yards,21 tds,16 ints,29 yards rushing

Jameis Winston 84 qb rating,22 tds,15 ints,4,042 yards passing ,213 rushing 6tds(why isn't Winston rated higher than Big Ben)?big Ben has the top hb,wr,team?smh. Come on madden/Dustin smith and company

-Arron Rogers declines ints,tds,yards and is number 1,344 rush,1 td

-cam newton better qb rating,more yards,more tds,down in ints.636,10 tds,15-1,beat packers(minus Benjamin),Super Bowl?Virtually unstoppable and should be on the cover and have the equivalent of 99-2000 Vick when it comes to ratings, but he's number two lol.his own peers rated him #1 and Brady 2 lol,but pontificating madden czars,with monopoly on licensing,claims to get john madden Imput,etcetera comes up with this?

I mean I at least would think since every upgrade is 3-4 years away we would at least have time to get ratings,formation subs and customization freedoms/relocate right lol,but instead we hav a few helmets,shoes and gloves,maybe a formation sub patch after launch and these ratings lol smdh.

No transparency,it seems in madden world what you actually produce is outweighed by what you used to do,potential and popularity.oh and the madden dev creativity lol.

There's no way to explain this,this defies the purpose of roster updates or what the players actually do ty previous season.

I'm just baffled,we can't get anything right like it's supposed to be but it's authentic

Just being honest
You lost me at "why isn't Winston rated higher than Big Ben" . & while GB offense declined last year, Arod still played great and proved that he is the best qb in the lg. I think Brees deserved to be in Big Ben's spot though. Body of work + last yr in particular gives no support to Ben's rating.

Anyway, I'm very much disappointed with the speed ratings this yr as I was last yr. I don't understand how players like odb, julio jones, martavis bryant, jamaal charles, etc can be slower than someone like todd gurley. I understand he is a promising young hb who made big plays this yr, but so did everyone i just listed besides charles, who is a proven speed hb despite his injuries.

I dont mind the lowered speed across the board, but at least make it realistic. & the lowered speeds hurts franchise mode the most because we end up with 96+ speed rookies everywhere with nobody fast enough to keep up with them

# 63 The JareBear @ 07/22/16 05:15 PM
AP has always been fun to use in Madden, can't wait to see some highlights people pull off this year

# 64 gr18 @ 07/22/16 05:21 PM
I'm not really concerned about ratings because I'll change them as I see fit but am a little surprised that more people don't express the feeling of being deceived by the calculation of the overall rating being lower despite all attributes in general being higher.

I know the tuning of the game makes a difference but we are taught, to look at a players individual attributes not the overall yet are told how great it is that the overalls are a few points lower than before.I don't really see how that helps anything.

# 65 crackdownjr @ 07/22/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Explain in what way Adrian Peterson was a Top 100 player in the 2014 NFL season and I'll admit I am mistaken.
If you pay attention to the name of the Top 100 show, this last one is called "Top 100 Players of 2016" not "2015". It's the top 100 players going into the next season, which is why someone who didn't play or didn't play as well can still make it. Everyone knew AP would come back strong & he did. Same with Peyton a few years back. I agree that the show isn't the best way to compare madden ratings though.

# 66 extremeskins04 @ 07/22/16 05:30 PM
The fact that Gurley isn't top 5 is ridiculous, also Miller is not a top 5 RB. That's insane. And where is Devonte Freeman??

# 67 Bigg Cee @ 07/22/16 05:45 PM
This list does surprise me a lot. AP should be #1 always. There's no one even close to him and having L. Bell as the best running in back in madden is a mistake.

# 68 legacy0000 @ 07/22/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Lord knows those players are very reliable and knowledgeable about year-end ranking of players, having put Adrian Peterson as one of the top 100 best players in 2014 despite not actually playing a single down in 2014 and Andrew Luck being in the Top 100 list this past year despite playing limited games and badly for most of them with injury.This hurt to skim through, but there are numerous problems in your analysis: Adrian Peterson had a lower average yards per carry than Le'Veon Bell's this year and last year. He is also not a serviceable receiver out of the backfield unlike Le'Veon Bell. Lamar Miller by the end of Madden 16 is a 91 OVR running back and he did better a receiver last year than the year previous so him being high is not unreasonable. Gurley sounds like he will still be a very good running back, and David Johnson had limited playing time to show if he is more than a flash in the pan. Surprised no one is asking for Thomas Rawls considering he had a better performance than David Johnson on the ground before being hurt.

Ben Roethlisberger put up those numbers playing in 12 games whereas Jameis had 16, the former averaging about 382 yards per game while Jameis about 252. Tom Brady's offense wasn't skewered like Aaron Rodgers' offense and he had a defense to help ease weight of carrying the team. Aaron Rodgers is still accurate and mobile which is one more dimension that he has over Brady who is still a Top 5 QB. Carson Palmer is most likely just outside of the Top 5. The Player's Top 100 is not a good measure whatsoever as to how good a player actually is since they'll put in players who either played bad that year and get by on reputation (Andrew Luck) or did not even play at all (Adrian Peterson, 2014.)
How do you consider Adverages and the guy isn't playing?these ratings are ridiculous but if you really feel they're legit i can't be mad at you

# 69 Kwarren3 @ 07/22/16 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
That's fair. AP is the better runner, but Bell is a more well-rounded back (when healthy/ not suspended).
The biggest problem isn't that Bell is rated higher (I feel AP should be #1 no question but I will admit AP is only a true runner, while LB is a receiver and blocker), but that AP is a 91. For years he's put the team on his back and dominated. Everyone said that last year he would regress because of his age but he showed that he still has it. He should be a 95 Minimum.

# 70 underdog13 @ 07/22/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
The problem isn't that Bell is rated higher, but that AP is a 91. For years he's put the team on his back and dominated. Everyone said that last year he would regress because of his age but he showed that he still has it. He should be a 95 Minimum.
They lowered ratings across the board this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 71 Kwarren3 @ 07/22/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Also whats with AP's 88 strength?
Don't think he is stronger than some linemen.

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2k5AhO0aU

# 72 underdog13 @ 07/22/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2k5AhO0aU
Alright thats very impressive, that's linemen level. Thanks for the vid.

# 73 Kwarren3 @ 07/22/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
They lowered ratings across the board this year.

I understand that, but AP is at the level as a HB as Qb's like Brady and Rodgers are. So whatever the highest QB OVR is, AP should be right at that too.

# 74 Kwarren3 @ 07/22/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Alright thats very impressive, that's linemen level. Thanks for the vid.
No problem. You couldn't pay me to attempt to tackle the guy (as cool as it would be to be able to say I got steam rolled by one of the greatest). Vikings fans will always passionately argue for AP because for years we've never had a real QB or passing attack. AP has had the team on his back since he came into the league. Can you just imagine what a team like the Patriots or Packers would have been like over the last decade with a back like AP?

# 75 underdog13 @ 07/22/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
I understand that, but AP is at the level as a HB as Qb's like Brady and Rodgers are. So whatever the highest QB OVR is, AP should be right at that too.
But running is down in the nfl its not 2003 anymore. Also who cares if he's low 90's but averages 4.5 ypc?

# 76 underdog13 @ 07/22/16 06:41 PM
Quote:
No problem. You couldn't pay me to attempt to tackle the guy (as cool as it would be to be able to say I got steam rolled by one of the greatest). Vikings fans will always passionately argue for AP because for years we've never had a real QB or passing attack. AP has had the team on his back since he came into the league. Can you just imagine what a team like the Patriots or Packers would have been like over the last decade with a back like AP?
Oh yeah AP is the best back of the 2010 decade

# 77 Godgers12 @ 07/22/16 06:48 PM
No Lacy? Boycotting M17!!!

Seriously though, I hope they bumped up his speed, he lost 20-25 lbs in order to become quicker and faster. His playing weight will be right around 220-225, as opposed to the 250 (generously) he was at last year. I think he will have a Lynch type impact for us this year.

# 78 roadman @ 07/22/16 06:50 PM
Quote:
For a short stint, you had HOF Favre at QB and one win from the SB.

# 79 Godgers12 @ 07/22/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Well Packers did have Green, for quite a few years while Favre was in his prime. Many forget Green was a top 3 HB in the early to mid 00's, even having an 1800 yard 70 catch season. Was he on AP's level, probably not, but it's something. Rodgers has never really had a consistent run game till Lacy's 1st two seasons. Also, let's not forget Brady has had good backs as well, Corey Dillon anyone? But ever so often I wonder what could've been had the Packers drafted Barry Sanders instead of that lineman who shall remain nameless. We probably would have won 3-5 SB's in the 90's with Favre and Barry.

# 80 Bigg Cee @ 07/22/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
The biggest problem isn't that Bell is rated higher (I feel AP should be #1 no question but I will admit AP is only a true runner, while LB is a receiver and blocker), but that AP is a 91. For years he's put the team on his back and dominated. Everyone said that last year he would regress because of his age but he showed that he still has it. He should be a 95 Minimum.
100% AGREE!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.