Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

GameInformer has posted quite a few short video clips of various concepts and changes in Madden NFL 17. They include showing off the toned down aggressive catch, improved line play, new ball physics, throwing on the run, running game, defensive zones and more.

Make sure to scroll down the page to find them.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 The JareBear @ 07/25/16 06:21 PM
Cool seeing a video devoted to aggressive catches that don't work.

Curious to see some experts break down the line play video. Just watched it once, need to give it a few more views, does seem to be improved in some areas. Saw guys getting penetration on run plays

# 2 rkocjay @ 07/25/16 06:41 PM
i like the knocking out the ball in ball physics video mostly just for fun. i fel the game looks less cartoonish and moves much better. AP running looks more natural but of course i need to see a full game

# 3 mtmetcalfe @ 07/25/16 06:51 PM
On pass plays I'm seeing "under pressure" and "on the run" in red at the bottom of screen. Is this new to Madden and does it represent some sort of ratings penalty?

# 4 Cowboy008 @ 07/25/16 06:56 PM
The clips looked good. Need to see a lot more though before coming to a decision about the pass rush.

# 5 bcruise @ 07/25/16 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
On pass plays I'm seeing "under pressure" and "on the run" in red at the bottom of screen. Is this new to Madden and does it represent some sort of ratings penalty?
Introduced last year, and yes, it represents a previously under-the-hood hit to accuracy. I think could be turned on and off with a visual feedback option.

# 6 jfsolo @ 07/25/16 07:04 PM
I wonder if the build in those videos were the same build as the EA Play videos or newer. The pass breakups do seem to have a lot more variety and are a lot less floaty than last year.

Based off the on screen visuals this is probably on pro, and the defense didn't seem that bad for default pro.

# 7 huskerfan4life @ 07/25/16 07:10 PM
I think that these videos were awesome and it makes me want the game even more Aug 23 just can't come soon enough

# 8 khaliib @ 07/25/16 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Cool seeing a video devoted to aggressive catches that don't work.

Curious to see some experts break down the line play video. Just watched it once, need to give it a few more views, does seem to be improved in some areas. Saw guys getting penetration on run plays
Still much of the same on passing plays, better but still the same issues in the name of "force forming" a pocket.

C/G's
- dictate depth of pocket
- still little "push backwards" towards the QB.
- continued stonewalling at the LOS happening, even by lesser C/G's.

T's
- dictate the width of the pocket
- no "collapsing in" on the edges, thus still not forcing QB's the need to step up into the pocket

QB's
- drop back speed still is way "too fast" compared to the speed at which the other aspects of the passing play is developing.
- this is contributing a lot to being able to sit back there bouncing/waiting, while the rest of the passing game plays catch up.

These three things seem to be continued problem areas of "pocket" forming, until the OL can be redone from ground up.

OL is the only position in the game were players aren't represented gameplay wise, on an "individual" basis.
- thus why lesser talented OL seem to still hold their own against better pass rushers.
- the "pocket rule" helps to prevent exploiting individual players on the OL by better defensive players.

Maybe in M18, but all the current videos still point out the constant "eye sore" of the entire game, individual OL skill sets that impact the formation of a true pass pocket.

Game looks way better though.

Can't wait to tinker with the ratings, as will others on the slider side, to see what areas can be improved even more.

Aug 18!!!

# 9 khaliib @ 07/25/16 07:44 PM
Saw this after posting, so we will see dealing with the pass rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Been analyzing the EA Play videos. I do know it isn't final but I don't see any DL pressure. QB's have major time.Thoughts?

# 10 SolidSquid @ 07/25/16 08:23 PM
Might actually be able to run a zone defense scheme this year.

# 11 RoyalBoyle78 @ 07/25/16 08:28 PM
I'm very excited for Madden this year like I haven't been in awhile .

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 12 mestevo @ 07/25/16 08:32 PM
That ball physics video was great. Swatting a near-completion out of a WR's hand was awesome.

# 13 gabs485 @ 07/25/16 08:33 PM
Why does it look like AP is jogging down the sideline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 m1ke_nyc @ 07/25/16 08:34 PM
Alot of work to be done but based off these clips the game is definitely coming along.

# 15 underdog13 @ 07/25/16 08:38 PM
Some of those tackles looked really bad.

Love the ball physics and pass arcs.

# 16 jpdavis82 @ 07/25/16 08:45 PM
I'm guessing this is the final build or close, they're probably gold or extremely close now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 Blue12 @ 07/25/16 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Saw this after posting, so we will see dealing with the pass rush.
I think this might be the most important issue to me. Could really be a game changer.

# 18 aceoye @ 07/25/16 08:51 PM
agressive catch is toned down according to what?

# 19 TheGentlemanGhost @ 07/25/16 09:07 PM
I'd like to see some more of those ball physics on punts to make sure the ball doesn't just automatically bounce forward just about 100% of the time lol.

# 20 J.Cole @ 07/25/16 09:10 PM
"Talking about Brady's consistency, Rodgers' falling apart without Jordy Nelson, and Roesthlisberger's success at home – are all of those things a matter of intangibles that ratings can't capture?"

It's not like we had player traits for those exact things in madden 12 but I digress.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.