Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

GameInformer has posted quite a few short video clips of various concepts and changes in Madden NFL 17. They include showing off the toned down aggressive catch, improved line play, new ball physics, throwing on the run, running game, defensive zones and more.

Make sure to scroll down the page to find them.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Gosens6 @ 07/29/16 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I was watching the videos again. The more I think about it the more excited I get about punts/kicks being blockable this year. For so long that specials teams has, for the most part, been pretty boring. Glad they are getting some attention this year

My bad man. I was being sincere, I guess the quotation marks gave the wrong impression. You guys are great posters.

I agree about the "The" it sounds corny like there is some implied importance and probably gives a vibe of arrogance or egotism. That's really not what I am about and never meant to give that impression. I am planning on changing it next time I have some extra scratch to donate to the site for another name change.
LOL I think he was honestly just joking around with you to defuse some of the tension. I really love this community. You guys are the best.

# 122 NDAlum @ 07/29/16 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yes, as far as the interpretation of what some are claiming. It's one thing for people to differ on how much it personally matters seeing the latest footage ASAP but pretending to not understand why anyone would want to is absurd. Excuses around Madden have gotten beyond silly, to the point where people are basically saying "why does any video footage matter before release". Seriously Road, follow that logic, if video of game play from the latest build is supposedly irrelevant before EA Access, then what's the relevance of any video of game play period before the game releases? It's just plain silly, common sense says people find game play video relevant for similar reasons any time prior to release.
It doesn't matter to me. I asked why it matters to you. I'm not going to start insulting you because you have a difference of opinion than I do.

Please change your tone towards others who have a difference of opinion than you.

Thank you

# 123 mestevo @ 07/29/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
LOL I think he was honestly just joking around with you to defuse some of the tension. I really love this community. You guys are the best.
100% this

Sorry The JareBear for the confusion.

# 124 NDAlum @ 07/29/16 12:52 PM
Quote:
Yeah man, what's way more baffling is why anyone claims they don't understand that POV, smh. It's one thing to say it personally doesn't matter when footage gets released but it's sounds absolutely absurd feigning ignorance to why it would to others from a gamer POV. I stress gamer POV because anyone not affiliated with creating the game and can only see game play when it's released by others, presumably wants to see as much they can, as soon as they can.

Seemingly any and everything EA Tib chooses to do concerning this game, has some excuse or reasoning offered up for why the issue is us and not them, even when they contradict. For example, it's supposedly confusing why anyone would want the latest game play build possible before EA Access but it made perfect sense people wanting alpha EA Play footage, which mainly had to come through EAGCs. Think about that logic, it's supposedly completely understandable why gamers would want to see alpha build game play a little over 2 months from EA Access but it's unfathomable why it would matter to them, seeing a more polished version after that, before EA Access.

To top that off, that's being posted in a thread started less then a month from EA Access, about an article with M17 montage video clips but why it matters to anyone seeing this stuff play out, in uncut game play, in the latest build, before EA Access, is supposedly beyond comprehension.
Quote:
Yes, as far as the interpretation of what some are claiming. It's one thing for people to differ on how much it personally matters seeing the latest footage ASAP but pretending to not understand why anyone would want to is absurd. Excuses around Madden have gotten beyond silly, to the point where people are basically saying "why does any video footage matter before release". Seriously Road, follow that logic, if video of game play from the latest build is supposedly irrelevant before EA Access, then what's the relevance of any video of game play period before the game releases? It's just plain silly, common sense says people find game play video relevant for similar reasons any time prior to release.
This type of stuff is unnecessary.

# 125 GisherJohn24 @ 07/29/16 06:41 PM
The goofy flopping is still here and there but definitely not as noticeable as last year

# 126 Facts @ 08/01/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
Over analyzing a simple play. First video- he no doubt has cover one responsibility.

He moves to his left not sprints to center of the field. He starts to breakdown and stops at his spot, before the wr gets to the hash. So he is dead center. The wr is at the hash when he changes direction.

The wr gets past him during his change of direction. But being an explosive athlete he makes the change and accelerates. The throw is soft and behind. He made the catch at the other hash.

It is a video game so real life movement is a harsh standard but...

If video Tyrann Mathieu didn't make that type of play in that situation I would throw my controller.

Swerve running while still cheese is nowhere near the problem it was in Madden 13-25. Swerves messed up pursuit angles. They upped the AI adapting its pursuit angles every release.
Anyone who has played the game irl would know that no one can flip their hips going that direction and still get in front of a WR that's already running in the opposite direction. It's a turnover on the goaline. It's more than just a simple play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.