Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

The 2016 USA Men's National Team, including Coach Mike Krzyzewski, will be featured in NBA 2K17. Unfortunately, we don't know which mode(s) they will be featured in.

Quote:
Coach K will appear on the sidelines coaching the 2016 USA Basketball Men's National Team in NBA 2K17. His likeness will also be found in a revamped tutorial mode focusing on teaching fundamental basketball strategies including pick and roll execution, proper defensive positioning, ball movement, boxing out, court awareness and more.

The Australian National Team was confirmed last week.

The 1992 Dream Team will also be featured in the game, but no word on whether or not it will feature the full roster.

UPDATE: The 1992 Dream Team will feature the full roster in NBA 2K17, including Charles Barkley.

Quote:
The 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team, including Coach Mike Krzyzewski, is heading to NBA 2K17! Fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 will receive the legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team”, along with a special USAB MyPLAYER jersey to fully customize their USA Basketball experience.

We should start hearing more about the teams and mode(s) soon. When we hear anything we will update everyone. Until then, the full press release can be read below.

NBA 2K17 to Feature 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team”

USA National Team Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski part of NBA 2K franchise for the first time

2K today announced a partnership with USA Basketball that will bring the full roster of the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s National Team, including coach Mike Krzyzewski, to NBA 2K17, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*. Fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 will receive the legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team,” along with a USA Basketball MyPLAYER jersey.

2K has also revealed that renowned Duke University and USA Basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski, will be making his debut in the NBA 2K series. Krzyzewski – or “Coach K,” as he’s widely known - will appear on the sidelines coaching the 2016 USA Basketball Men's National Team in NBA 2K17. His likeness will also be found in a revamped tutorial mode focusing on teaching fundamental basketball strategies including pick and roll execution, proper defensive positioning, ball movement, boxing out, court awareness and more.

“Basketball has become an iconic part of American sports heritage, and I’m thrilled that fans can play with this year’s roster in NBA 2K,” said Krzyzewski who, since 2008, has coached the USA Basketball Men’s National Team to four straight international tournament gold medals. “NBA 2K17 is the best way to connect to legends of the past ‘Dream Team’ while celebrating the success of this year’s roster.”

Comprised of NBA Hall of Famers, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone and David Robinson, the 1992 “Dream Team” is universally considered one of, if not the greatest, team ever assembled in basketball history. Fans will be able to pit that roster against this year’s athletes on the USA Basketball Men’s National Team, which includes NBA 2K17 cover athlete Paul George and Team 2K athletes Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Kyrie Irving.

“We’re always looking to bring fans closer to basketball’s signature teams and players, which is why we’re collaborating with USA Basketball and Coach K for NBA 2K17,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “We couldn’t think of a better way to send off the 2016 team by celebrating USA Basketball’s legacy in this year’s title, while giving fans an opportunity to play as historical and current teams.”

The NBA 2K17 Standard Edition will be available in both digital and physical formats for $59.99 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, and Windows PC platforms on September 20. The NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition will be available in digital and physical formats for $79.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system. Also available for pre-order is the NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition Gold offering fans the ultimate value at $99.99 with all of the regular NBA 2K17 Legend Edition contents plus bonus items. All fans who pre-order any version of NBA 2K17 will receive their copy at Early Tip-Off four days early, September 16.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 LakerPride @ 07/27/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
So they're giving out two 99 overall cards to start off MyTeam for people that preorder the Kobe edition? lol.

Just Free Agent cards which are basically temporary cards.

# 62 cima @ 07/27/16 05:09 PM
Might as well throw the 2012 team in since I'm pretty sure they're all probably still in the league. 2008 wouldn't be too much of a stretch either.

# 63 BA2929 @ 07/27/16 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I hate to go off topic, but 2012 team would definitely compete with dream team. Bird and magic were 35 and 32 respectively. 2012 had prime lebron, Chris Paul, KD, and Melo. Throw in Anthony Davis, Russ , Chandler, and Iggy. The 2nd best roster in history. Starting 5 v 5 is very close. 2012 better outside shooting and quickness. Dream Team, better defense and strength.

Anyway, to keep this on topic. I'd love to get 2012 and at least 8 -12 decent national teams. Spain Argentina,Brazil, Lithuania, Canada, France, Germany, Australia, Greece, China, USA. I'd be very happy with those teams and some decent courts.

Oh yea, and please let us customize dream team shoes. Give us old nikes and converse pleeease
Maybe I'm a little biased since the 1992 team was right in my wheel house of watching the NBA. I still have my Dream Team basketball cards from NBA Hoops.

Anyway, it'll be fun to play the 92 team against vs 16 team in 2k17! Especially since Barkley is in the game. I'm definitely going to pre-order now. That USAB jersey for MyPlayer is going to be sweet.

# 64 cthurt @ 07/27/16 05:14 PM
I wouldn't mind the 96 squad being in the game too they would only need Grant Hill and Reggie Miller to complete the roster.

# 65 DutchMastah7 @ 07/27/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Might as well throw the 2012 team in since I'm pretty sure they're all probably still in the league. 2008 wouldn't be too much of a stretch either.
Pretty sure everyone except for Kidd (and technically Kobe too) is still in the league. They could definitely make it happen. They have rights to use Jason Kidd (he was in MyTeam)

# 66 Gosens6 @ 07/27/16 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm27
This is just my personal opinion but can someone tell me why people are so keen on the inclusion of classic teams in general as well as the 1992 dream team? The players look no better than the ones you can create yourself, sometimes worse. I just don't get the hype of playing as a team that looks around about similar to their real life counterparts.
Serious question; What era of ball did you grow up in? If it's the 90's and back, you should understand why we clamor for classic teams so bad.

Being able to play with "authentic" players, jerseys, arenas, signature moves, attributes, and other stuff like that makes classic teams one of the best parts of the game.

I only ask because Iv'e noticed most people who don't care for classic teams only started watching the NBA in the past 10 years or so.

# 67 SeaTownGamer @ 07/27/16 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Serious question; What era of ball did you grow up in? If it's the 90's and back, you should understand why we clamor for classic teams so bad.

Being able to play with "authentic" players, jerseys, arenas, signature moves, attributes, and other stuff like that makes classic teams one of the best parts of the game.

I only ask because Iv'e noticed most people who don't care for classic teams only started watching the NBA in the past 10 years or so.
Classic team is weak when there is only one or two teams for that year. I don't know about you but I don't want to match up an 80s classic team with the 2000s Lakers. It doesn't look realistic to me. I refuse to play the game like that.

# 68 Hustle Westbrook @ 07/27/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
Just Free Agent cards which are basically temporary cards.
Oh ok. That's interesting, didn't know that.

# 69 NARFALICIOUS @ 07/27/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I wouldn't mind the 96 squad being in the game too they would only need Grant Hill and Reggie Miller to complete the roster.
That would be sick, would love Miller in this game.

# 70 Daddy123 @ 07/27/16 06:28 PM

# 71 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/27/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
Is this 2k17? It really looks like live

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 72 Daddy123 @ 07/27/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themayorofawsometown
Is this 2k17? It really looks like live

yes, got it from Team USA website

# 73 Mintsa @ 07/27/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
Wow.

Demar got the shaft in that pic!

# 74 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/27/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
yes, got it from Team USA website
Wow some of those new models look like nba lives. And not in a good way

# 75 23 @ 07/27/16 07:15 PM
Looks the same to me to be honest.

They're just wearing a team usa uniform.

# 76 Clappington @ 07/27/16 07:16 PM
Yea also doesn't help its case its low rendered picture.

# 77 BluFu @ 07/27/16 07:19 PM
Lowry with that same body as last year.. got his head updated at least.

# 78 Ray Vibes @ 07/27/16 07:19 PM
People will find anything to complain about.

# 79 G0DZGiFT @ 07/27/16 07:25 PM
Quote:

Melo definitely got his face rescanned. Let's hope his jump shot gets the same treatment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 80 SeaTownGamer @ 07/27/16 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
People will find anything to complain about.
You gotta complain for the devs to hear u out sometimes. The more the complaints the more it pushes them to go harder. Lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.