Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports today announced the arrival of the NHL 17 Beta, available now to NHL Insiders. So basically if you get the NHL Newsletter and if you signed up for the beta by July 7th, you can get it today -- a full 24 hours earlier than expected.

The Beta will be available to everyone else starting tomorrow and will last through August 4 and features several modes for you to get a kickstart on your upcoming season:
  • Hockey Ultimate Team: Build. Collect. Compete. The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups. The all-new HUT Dynamic Sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.
  • EA Sports Hockey League: Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. Give your uniform a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.
  • Online Versus: Play NHL 17 online in a one vs. one environment. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.
EA Sports is seeking feedback and opinions from the community about your playtime with the Beta. Be sure to leave impressions and thoughts on what you are playing in the comments below!

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Money99 @ 07/28/16 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestout51683
For those that say the game is exactly the same must not notice the little differences. The AI plays 10 times better than any other NHL game. They actually mark open players and I haven't seen a the opportunity to get off the glitches one-time shots unless you make a smart play. It also appears the game penalizes you for trying to skate back on your side of the and then just skate by the gpu defender back up the ice. It seems as if the AI sticks to the offensive player a lot better and will steal the puck. There may not be a dramatic change to appearance but I am definitely seeing a big improvement with the AI , physical physics, and the overall game play as a whole. Definitely feeling more simulation hockey.
Nice impressions, thank-you for posting!

How is your teammate AI? Are they still really passive? Will they work to get open after they've been marked?
How is the CPU offensive AI? Do they work for chances/goals?
Any moments where you saw it do something that you're not capable of?

# 82 phillyfan23 @ 07/28/16 10:12 AM
Anyone got an extra ps4 code....please pm me thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 Cletus @ 07/28/16 10:56 AM
I've played a handful of the beta, but enough to be able to decipher things. The game is improved, but a lot of the nagging glitches and annoyances are still there for me. First though, the pros:

1. Defense is better, if you're in position to make the play, most likely you're going to, it's easier to knock people off of the puck.

2. AI seems better. They do a decent job of positioning and they make plays in their area and use their stick on defense a lot better than they have before

3. Deflections: I've scored a few deflection goals and goalies don't automatically react to them. I've scored on some weak deflections that the goalies would suck up in 16

Now the Cons:

1. AI is still slow to react (unless in berserker mode) : In the EASHL games i've played the AI is passive and it has costs a few turnovers in the offensive zone. The AI is so scared of dumping the puck in fear of icing and offsides that it will wait for a completely open passing lane than get the puck out. On pk though they still pretty much dump at all costs.

2. I still skate through the puck. I understand overskating the puck, maybe the puck hopped over my stick, that's hockey. The puck however doesn't go through skates, bodies and sticks just to wait for someone with a higher Offensive/Defensive awareness to pick it up.

3. Hockey plays are rewarded, but they're harder to make. This one is either a pro or a con based on what you want. I've found it's still easier and arguably just as rewarding to just skate in and shoot.

There's a lot more things, but I don't want this to be an 8 page report. It is an improvement and may be the best NHL to date, but I'm not sure if it's worth 60 bucks. Take this with a grain of salt because I'm probably just burned out by playing years of the same game with minor improvements. NHL 17 may be the same (it feels that way to me) and there may be a solid game after messing with all of the sliders, but at 34 with an erratic work schedule and family, I'm not sure if I want/have the time to devote to finding that solid game.

TLDR: If you enjoyed 16 and aren't burnt out on the series, you'll probably enjoy it.

# 84 wshcaps30 @ 07/28/16 11:08 AM
Xbox One Codes:
C29V2-XD4VM-VTVXY-GPX2Q-4F6JZ
H94HY-6KYQJ-XFTVM-DRCP7-6XR4Z

# 85 hockett17 @ 07/28/16 11:11 AM
Anyone have a spare ps4 code they would love to share via pm? Thanks

# 86 vegasplaya @ 07/28/16 11:18 AM
Xbox One Codes: Enjoy!!!!

QQ4VP-3FT2Q-C9TR7-R4W6D-V7W2Z

M9H2W-X9VY4-9RWX4-GWHHV-GCCYZ

# 87 TDKing @ 07/28/16 11:32 AM
I redeemed my code where do i go to download the game i dont see it in the store xboxone, thanks

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

# 88 Novicain13 @ 07/28/16 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I redeemed my code where do i go to download the game i dont see it in the store xboxone, thanks

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It should be downloading. You will see it under my games and apps.

# 89 mikeq672 @ 07/28/16 11:53 AM
Make a seperate thread for sharing codes, jesus. Completely cluttered this thread now, dunno where the mods are at.

# 90 Smye.photo @ 07/28/16 12:17 PM
Does anyone have a ps4 bets code ?

Please pm me, much appreciated thankyou

# 91 GreenLegend37 @ 07/28/16 12:28 PM
Hey guys,

When I signed up, I still had a PS4, so I was e-mailed PS4 codes. Is anybody available to trade them for Xbox One codes? I'd love to play right now haha

# 92 Smokie36 @ 07/28/16 12:49 PM
Codes for XBOX One

X9J99-F6C4M-6CQ7P-P9W6R-TYM7Z
7939Q-6HMFP-76Y6R-FKQ4F-P4TRZ

# 93 GreenLegend37 @ 07/28/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokie36
Codes for XBOX One

X9J99-F6C4M-6CQ7P-P9W6R-TYM7Z
7939Q-6HMFP-76Y6R-FKQ4F-P4TRZ
Thank you Smokie!!!

# 94 manderson825 @ 07/28/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasplaya
Xbox One Codes: Enjoy!!!!

QQ4VP-3FT2Q-C9TR7-R4W6D-V7W2Z

M9H2W-X9VY4-9RWX4-GWHHV-GCCYZ
I just used QQ4VP-3FT2Q-C9TR7-R4W6D-V7W2Z

Thanks Vegas!

# 95 Boozers @ 07/28/16 01:14 PM
Anybody got extra code for ps4 signed up weeks ago and don't have anything would greatly appreciate it

# 96 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/28/16 01:15 PM
Anybody else having trouble redeeming a code I got one for Xbox One and it keeps saying error occurred and it won't work. I'm in the preview program I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Edit I was able to redeem from xbox.com but not from the console so I'll check my console now to see if the game is in my queue

# 97 ludachris7 @ 07/28/16 01:18 PM
got 2 extra PS4 codes

N323-PANM-LKP9

AQN3-RLN7-3CD9

# 98 bad_philanthropy @ 07/28/16 01:19 PM
Mods, please make a beta code thread.

# 99 TheWolf1113 @ 07/28/16 01:44 PM
Some quick impressions

1. I love the goalie stances and the body blocking saves, this to me is finally showing visual player differential which is a breath of fresh air...(have played every NHL since inception).

2. Skating feels right and its noticeably different based on who has the puck.

3. Hitting is at a great balance as well, I love that the puck doesn't stick with the hit player anymore.

4. I love the new UI for HUT, new fresh and clean, BUT its still slow especially doing my lines, why do we still have to go through three or four button clicking menus to substitute?

5. I really hope the gold pricing for packs sticks...i love HUT but its too expensive to grind for one pack in precious years, 3000 coins for a ten card pack is a very nice change, fingers crossed.

6. I also like the sets idea...been hoping for that for so long, like madden...

7. I've never played much EASHL but I'm having some fun playing around with that, can't really do an impression for a mode I've never dove into before for comparison.

8. Your AI teammates are much smarter, more noticeably the other players Ai, looks like we may no longer need to try to switch and play as everyone all game, but its a beta so again fingers crossed.

9. I really enjoyed NHL 16 so this kinda reminds me of what the show has done, decent base and now refining what they started. The little nuances are feeling very very good. And to add to that, if the 0-100 sliders are effective then this may very well be the greatest console NHL game we've been waiting for. I'm a big offline franchise guy so I'm excited about this, I have some pretty sloppy sliders for 16, as best as it could get, but if we can get it more sloppy ill be in heaven.

10. The new audio clips are fantastic, please don't change this!!! I played a game in st. Louis and one in Barclays and the chant stuff they do was so well done....WE NEED MORE OF THIS IN EVERY ARENA...if its not already.

11. Impressions aside, with the addition of draft champions which is what I am very excited for being a huge madden draft champions fan but a better NHL player lol, and the relocation additions, I'm very excited to dive into NHL 17 this year, more so than recent years. This on top of what Madden appears to be, and NBA 2k league expansion ability, and fifa introducing the frostbite engine.....MAN, its finally a really exciting time to be a sports gamer....im hyped beyond belief these next fee months, not to mention all the non sports releases coming too....ive rattled on enough....back to the beta

Also I'm on Xbox one, GT- TheWolf1113, if anyone wants to play some games or start a club...i have the next three full days of just game time available.

# 100 Turbojugend @ 07/28/16 01:51 PM
Is it just me or are the menus waaay faster and more responsive? Maybe the cleaned-up UI has something to do with it. In any case, I really hope it's the same for the final version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf1113
5. I really hope the gold pricing for packs sticks...i love HUT but its too expensive to grind for one pack in precious years, 3000 coins for a ten card pack is a very nice change, fingers crossed.
I also noticed 1000 pucks for a single season win as opposed to 600 in NHL 16. Who knows if this is inflated for the demo, hopefully not.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.