Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has opened up their Madden NFL 17 player ratings database, where you can check all of the player ratings for every team. The Top 16 players at each position can be seen here.

Check out the database and post your thoughts!

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/02/16 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
The gave Cutler the mobility he deserves this year. Still his strength is too low. Should be in the 75-78 range not 69.
Do you beleive Cut is as strong as some OL and DL?

# 62 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/02/16 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Like that the ratings have been lowered but according to Kane the Cowboys have the deepest defense in the NFC East? Based on what? More defenders rated in the 80's and mid 70's than anyone. GTFOH!!
Cowboys should have the worst defense in the NFCE in my opinion, next to the redskins from 7 stinking.

# 63 underdog13 @ 08/02/16 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Do you beleive Cut is as strong as some OL and DL?
He did 23 reps on bench for his combine way back then, which is more than some linemen so yeah.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 64 Hova57 @ 08/02/16 11:47 PM
I hope xp builds fast my dudes gonna need help..lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 65 Mr.Tennessee @ 08/02/16 11:48 PM
My Titans cornerbacks suck. I wasn't expecting anything great but can't believe that Cody Riggs is my best corner technique wise (best man/3rd zone, only 80+ in both). McCourty's overall rating is about right but he should be the best corner on the team in at least one of those ratings though. Definitely will looking at the draft and free agency (Gilmore,Butler,Ryan) to address that.

Hopefully we get see the overall composition chart sometime soon so we can see how much awareness and play recognition influence this year because there are some young guys who have pretty decent ratings with awrs in the 50's and 60's.

# 66 iMaverickHD @ 08/02/16 11:52 PM
Fair to say a lot of my Franchise Mode plans have changed after seeing these ratings lol. Definitely going to have address more positions than I thought. Oh well, should be fun. Can't wait till M17 drops!

# 67 CM Hooe @ 08/03/16 12:15 AM
Very quick maths about QB throwing ratings in Madden NFL 17 (thanks to Shaun Mason for getting all the ratings in a spreadsheet, that made my doing this pretty easy!):

Code:
-      OVR     THP     SAC     MAC     DAC     PAC     TOR     AWR
μ    71.05   88.51   82.49   79.12   74.18   71.81   77.99   67.36
σ     9.24    4.82    5.79    6.49    5.91    9.53    4.52   14.72
I don't have this data for Madden NFL 16 quarterback ratings, but I can tell you the following about comparing these values to those generated by the Madden NFL 15 quarterback ratings:
  • Average OVR is significantly lower than the default roster of M15 (74.57) and σ is higher than M15 as well (8.70). This means you will see lower-rated QBs by OVR in the general case in M17 and also a wider range of OVR ratings.
  • That said, the average rating for every single one of the ratings above is higher in M17 than in M15. Average THP is almost a full point higher. MAC, TOR, and AWR each have higher σ values, so you will see a wider range of values in these individual ratings (in particular, σ for MAC is almost a full point greater). The other ratings all have slightly lower σ values, so you'll see slightly more bunched together ratings.

First-level impression of this data? Tiburon has indeed redone the OVR formula and it is significantly different. Even with a higher average and lower variance in the important individual ratings by-and-large, the new OVR appears to be very sensitive to small changes, so you will see more differentiation between players at an at-a-glance level.

None of this has any implications on how the game will actually play, obviously. If I were to speculate, it is likely M17 is tuned very differently from M15 to account for higher individual ratings.

# 68 TheGentlemanGhost @ 08/03/16 12:39 AM
Certain ratings are still a little too close. I'm looking at the WRs catch ratings and everybody is still a little closer than I'd like.

# 69 Find_the_Door @ 08/03/16 12:52 AM
Romo is totally fine, only thing I'd change is bump his throw power up to 90 from 88. Aside from that I'd say he's fine.

# 70 KANE699 @ 08/03/16 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Certain ratings are still a little too close. I'm looking at the WRs catch ratings and everybody is still a little closer than I'd like.

That rating is only used when they are open with no one within 4 yards or so, so it makes sense where it's at.

# 71 jb12780 @ 08/03/16 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Another things is how is Matt Ryan rated higher than Jay Cutler ?

Jay Cutler played better with less talent on offense and just imagine if he had a Julio jones all season , Alshon only played 8 games and racked up 807 yards
Edit the ratings as you see fit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 72 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/03/16 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Edit the ratings as you see fit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Naw you think thanks for the great info lol

We're just debating , Ryan didn't have a good year last season .

# 73 CM Hooe @ 08/03/16 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
That rating is only used when they are open with no one within 4 yards or so, so it makes sense where it's at.
For completeness - is it reasonable to assume then that Catch In Traffic is the sole rating for governing passes where the receiver is under duress while attempting the catch (for example, on a deep dig route amongst several defenders over the middle), and that Spec Catch solely responsible for determining a player's catch radius / ability to perform aggressive catches (for example, Dez Bryant on a fade route)?

# 74 Armige @ 08/03/16 01:39 AM
Flacco an 81 lol bull****

# 75 TheWood56 @ 08/03/16 02:19 AM
Steelers look pretty messed up. Some players got severely overlooked.

# 76 CM Hooe @ 08/03/16 04:34 AM
So uh, did anyone else notice that the AWR and PRC ratings for every defensive player in the game are exactly the same?

# 77 Find_the_Door @ 08/03/16 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armige
Flacco an 81 lol bull****
Could be lower to be honest

# 78 brza37 @ 08/03/16 05:32 AM
Quote:
Like that the ratings have been lowered but according to Kane the Cowboys have the deepest defense in the NFC East? Based on what? More defenders rated in the 80's and mid 70's than anyone. GTFOH!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
Considering they had the least yards per game allowed in the division last year despite dealing with a number of injuries would explain why they have the most 80's and 70's than anyone else in the NFC EAst.
Quote:
They have more than teams like Seattle, Rams, Carolina, Cardinals etc. Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
Sorry, your post read as if they simply had the most out of the NFC East. If they do have the most out of every team in the NFL, that would seem a bit suspect but that wouldn't mean its necessarily incorrect.
There is no way a 4-12 team should have the second highest amount of 90+ OVR rated players and second in 80+ OVR players. Yes, they had a few key injuries but aside from Scandrick the D was healthy and they got no pressure (tied 25th in sacks), were dead last in Takeaways, and were bottom 10 in the league in yards per play passing as well as rushing. Yards per play is a much better indicator of team efficiency than total yards.

There is really no reason they should have the second best roster in the game.

# 79 Armige @ 08/03/16 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Could be lower to be honest
Winston, Bridgewater, ryan,Bortles, carr,cousins, taylor ,smith are in no way better than Flacco.

# 80 Dj_MyTime @ 08/03/16 08:55 AM
When I open the spreadsheet it initially only showed the Browns, now it's blank and starts at line 2365....assistance please.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.