Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

After releasing the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the AFC teams yesterday, EA Sports have posted the Madden NFL 17 team ratings for the NFC teams today. They have included the overall team rating, as well as offensive and defensive team ratings.

Check them out below and post your thoughts!
  • Carolina Panthers - Overall 87 (Offense 91 - Defense 87)
  • Green Bay Packers - Overall 85 (Offense 89 - Defense 85)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Overall 85 (Offense 83 - Defense 89)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Overall 84 (Offense 91 - Defense 81)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Overall 84 (Offense 89 - Defense 83)
  • Atlanta Falcons - Overall 81 (Offense 89 - Defense 79)
  • Minnesota Vikings - Overall 81 (Offense 81 - Defense 87)
  • Detroit Lions - Overall 80 (Offense 81 - Defense 83)
  • New York Giants - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 83)
  • New Orleans Saints - Overall 80 (Offense 83 - Defense 79)
  • Washington Redskins - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 79 (Offense 83 - Defense 81)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Overall 78 (Offense 79 - Defense 81)
  • San Francisco 49ers - Overall 75 (Offense 75 - Defense 79)
  • Chicago Bears - Overall 74 (Offense 73 - Defense 77)

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 CM Hooe @ 08/06/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I never reference Dallas respectfully.
And yet you expect to be taken seriously when giving opinions about them?

Quote:
Come on now, Murray was a bad fit in Kelly's offense and a horrible signing. Like I said why did they feel to draft a RB if they made a 3.4 back into a 4.5? Murray made that line look just as good as they made him.
Running backs do more than run the ball. Ezekiel Elliott is one of the more highly-regarded pass-blocking running backs to come out of the draft in years. The Cowboys clearly want to foremost keep Romo upright - because their passing offense crumbles without him - and second make the transition to life after Romo easier on the next guy - be it Prescott, Showers, or more likely a player not yet on the roster.

# 142 Hova57 @ 08/06/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Guess you don't watch shows like All or Nothing and see how excited guys get to make the pro bowl.

Only one team wins it all. It doesn't mean everyone else is trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of the show..I also seen a lot of guys turn down the pro bowl too..underachieving and trash is too different things..same way over achieving and being a good team is different too..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 143 charter04 @ 08/06/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
I never reference Dallas respectfully. Come on now, Murray was a bad fit in Kelly's offense and a horrible signing. Like I said why did they feel to draft a RB if they made a 3.4 back into a 4.5? Murray made that line look just as good as they made him.

Maybe to make a great back a HOFer? All teams that want to run first look for that

# 144 charter04 @ 08/06/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Never heard of the show..I also seen a lot of guys turn down the pro bowl too..underachieving and trash is too different things..same way over achieving and being a good team is different too..

I never said they want to play in the pro bowl. Making it and playing in are two different things.

If you don't think they care about individual stuff why do so many care about their Madden ratings. Patrick Peterson being one

# 145 charter04 @ 08/06/16 04:46 PM
I'm going to bow out. Nothing more will come of this. I look at things like PFF and Pro Football Outsiders so I'm not based things solely on my love or hate for a team biased. It might help for some who disagree with these ratings to do the same.

It's fine to disagree too. We all have an opinion. That's why it's funny that our opinion is true but, not the guy who did the ratings. Right? [emoji57]

PS. Believe me or not but, Jason Peters is from around here and in the off season he comes around and plays basketball. He told use before the 2015 season that Murray would struggle on their team and the anyone could rush for 1000 yards behind that Dallas OL. He said a lot of players were mad a Chip Kelly too.

So the Eagles left tackle thinks our OL is pretty good

# 146 jfsolo @ 08/06/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I so agree with you on 1 & 2... You lost me on #3 and reallllyyy lost me on #4

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yep one and two are on point, three and four, uhh, okay.

# 147 Hova57 @ 08/06/16 05:01 PM
Lol this is all in fun man this ain't serious me ..he was right Murray doesn't fit what wacky *** chip offense

# 148 charter04 @ 08/06/16 05:11 PM
Quote:
Lol this is all in fun man this ain't serious me ..he was right Murray doesn't fit what wacky *** chip offense

Oh I'm right there with you. It's all in fun. I think my wife is tired of me looking at my phone though. Lol

# 149 Find_the_Door @ 08/06/16 07:57 PM
Quote:
Yet the Cowgirls go out there and draft a RB #4 overall after signing Alfred Morris? So if the OL is that great why are you drafting a RB? Should be able to plug anyone in behind that wall right? McFadden barely rushed over a thousand yards behind that great line so was it the OL or the RB? Yes I agree that Dallas has one of the best OL out there but that was based off 2 years ago with Murray plus their draft positions. Tyrone Smith is the only OL that should be rated in the 90's Imo. The others should be high 80's at the most. Take the same players and put them on another team I guarantee they aren't rated as high.
Quote:
Yup like I said at least have lower pass blocking

Cowboys offensive line is the best run blocking line in the league. Not to mention is one of the best pass protecting lines in the league. You guys are clearly bitter rival fans that have nothing better to do than bash.

You can hate on the Boys all you want, but you cannot deny the greatness that is the wall.

# 150 TheShizNo1 @ 08/07/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarren3
Lol... want to try to be a bigger douche bag and bash an entire fan base a little more? You must wake up every morning feeling fantastic as a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Cole
LOL this guy is salty af then tries to ignore what he just said and is like.

That is all. carry on.

What a douche.
Let's knock off the name calling insults, please.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 151 DirectFX @ 08/08/16 05:04 AM
Sick of Cowboys always being overrated in games like Madden and by the dumb talking heads on radio and tv.
All that hype has gotten them nothing since the late 90's not even a sniff of the Super a Bowl for how long now?
Every year Romo is the best qb this will be his year and every time he folds under pressure when a division/playoff spot is on the line at the end of the season.
Dez is supposed to grow up every year and be the next Moss or Rice but nope once season gets tough he goes back into crybaby mode .

The only strength they have is the OL so besides those positions there's no way they are the top team in the NFC East .
Witten is a year old and slower, no reliable WR or TE besides Dez to throw to when double Dez..
Their defenders is horrible and bunch players suspended on top of sucking.
RB is a rookie not proven anything yet but has already been injured in camp so gotta see his health.
Romo injured 2x more times and surgery again so he's more brittle .

Jerry Jones must be doing the Girls ratings as its ridiculous beyond Oline , Bryant and Romo are only decent players and Romo and Dez aren't even reliable to get through a season without being injured or choking in crunch time .

Stop drinking the Kool Aid they haven't been Americas teen for 20 years or so ..

# 152 CT Pitbull @ 08/08/16 05:21 AM
so the bears are the WORST team ratings wise in the NFC huh. Come on man

# 153 brza37 @ 08/08/16 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Based on what? Romo getting hurt? They didn't give up many sacks. Just because the QB gets hurt on one sack doesn't mean they don't block well.

If you can offer some actual data I'm all ears. If it's just Eagle fan bias then I'm not sure it's a good point

Actually they gave up 33 sacks which is just about middle of the pack. And when you look at sacks per pass then they're also middle of the pack at 17th with 5.87% sacked percentage according to Team Rankings:
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-pct

And according to Football Outsiders they had an Adjusted Sack Rate (which takes holding and intentional grounding penalties into account) of 6.6% which was 19th in the league. And thats not far off from there highly-overrated 2014 mark of 16th in the league (6.1%) with healthy Romo, Dez and Demarco. 2014 was actually worse for the Cowboys in pure sacked % numbers as they were 21st in the league with 7.07% according to Team Rankings. So the excuse that they had injured players can't be used there. These stats are all available at football outsiders which is much more objective and well-respected around the league than PFF's grades, who many players and coaches have claimed are a joke since PFF doesn't know what the assignements are:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Also the Cowboys have had the healthiest O-line in the league the past 2 years which really helps performance but I won't even take that into account as I'd like to stay as objective and quantifiable as possible.

Dallas has a very good run blocking line but not even close to dominant in pass blocking as the above stats show. Also, just for measurement they finished 6th in run blocking last year and 1st in 2014. They are good but not exactly the 99 across the board run blockers that is public perception.

Also, someone else pointed out that the Cowboys are actually a 12-4 team that wasn't healthy in 2015 so the 4-12 shouldn't count. But between 2011-2013 they finished 8-8 each year. So by that logic maybe they were always an 8-8 team that overperformed in 2014 and then came back down to earth combined with injuries in 2015? Again, thats hard to prove but I just needed to make a counter argument because people pointing to that one anomaly 12-4 season out of the last 6 seasons of at-best mediocrity is just too much for me to completely ignore.

# 154 noplace @ 08/08/16 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Sick of Cowboys always being overrated in games like Madden and by the dumb talking heads on radio and tv.
All that hype has gotten them nothing since the late 90's not even a sniff of the Super a Bowl for how long now?
Every year Romo is the best qb this will be his year and every time he folds under pressure when a division/playoff spot is on the line at the end of the season.
Dez is supposed to grow up every year and be the next Moss or Rice but nope once season gets tough he goes back into crybaby mode .

The only strength they have is the OL so besides those positions there's no way they are the top team in the NFC East .
Witten is a year old and slower, no reliable WR or TE besides Dez to throw to when double Dez..
Their defenders is horrible and bunch players suspended on top of sucking.
RB is a rookie not proven anything yet but has already been injured in camp so gotta see his health.
Romo injured 2x more times and surgery again so he's more brittle .

Jerry Jones must be doing the Girls ratings as its ridiculous beyond Oline , Bryant and Romo are only decent players and Romo and Dez aren't even reliable to get through a season without being injured or choking in crunch time .

Stop drinking the Kool Aid they haven't been Americas teen for 20 years or so ..
Lol.. Only team in the league not held accoutable for bad play.. It has to be an excuse or reason why they don't win the superbowl every season because its definately isnt because they arent any good..

# 155 CM Hooe @ 08/08/16 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Actually they gave up 33 sacks which is just about middle of the pack.
Sacks aren't a good indicator of anything on their own.

Let's keep playing the numbers game - in 2015 the Cowboys' offensive line allowed the 5th-fewest QB hits in the league at 67 and simultaneously produced the 5th-best average yards per rushing play (4.8). No other team in the league posted that good of a combination, and only Carolina came close.

In 2014 when the Cowboys actually had a full compliment of weapons on offense, the Cowboys OL allowed the third-fewest QB hits in the league (53) and the third-best rushing yards per play (4.6). Again, very few teams come close to matching that; Baltimore was the closest that year.

But go ahead and keep painting this imaginary picture that the Cowboys offensive line isn't good. If that's the hill you want to die on, be my guest, because it's a very lonely hill. There are plenty of easier targets to criticize on the Cowboys' roster.

# 156 brza37 @ 08/08/16 11:32 AM
I did not and am not saying the Cowboys' line is not good. I am only saying that they are overrated, in particular the pass blocking. I posted above that they are a "very good run blocking line". I don't know how that translates to painting a picture that they aren't good.

Also, I only started with O-line because somebody asked for stats on that. I know there are other areas that would be much easier to pick on.

Back to stats. Total hits are a good stat but again the percentage of hits, or pressures, per dropback would be better as cumulative stats don't account for amount of snaps, passes etc. According to PFF, Romo was 21st in pressures per dropback, being under pressure on 35% of his dropbacks. Cassel was 12th with 32.74% and Weeden was somewhere between 23-37th out of 46 qualifying QBs.
That doesn't seem to be a dominant pass blocking performance like they are ranked. It seems to point to league average pass blockers. That is all I'm saying.

# 157 CM Hooe @ 08/08/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I did not and am not saying the Cowboys' line is not good. I am only saying that they are overrated, in particular the pass blocking. I posted above that they are a "very good run blocking line". I don't know how that translates to painting a picture that they aren't good.

Also, I only started with O-line because somebody asked for stats on that. I know there are other areas that would be much easier to pick on.

Back to stats. Total hits are a good stat but again the percentage of hits, or pressures, per dropback would be better as cumulative stats don't account for amount of snaps, passes etc. According to PFF, Romo was 21st in pressures per dropback, being under pressure on 35% of his dropbacks. Cassel was 12th with 32.74% and Weeden was somewhere between 23-37th out of 46 qualifying QBs.
That doesn't seem to be a dominant pass blocking performance like they are ranked. It seems to point to league average pass blockers. That is all I'm saying.
I'll grant you they are a better run blocking unit than pass blocking unit, sure. However, the moment you start citing PFF stats, I get to point out that PFF graded the Cowboys as the best run blocking and pass blocking offensive line in 2015.

And as I said at earlier in the thread, Madden relies on PFF heavily for ratings guidances nowadays, which explains the unit's high ratings in Madden (especially the three studs of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and Zack Martin; which one of those guys are you going to argue is overrated, since all three of them have been named to NFL All-Pro teams each of the past two years?).

# 158 brza37 @ 08/08/16 12:24 PM
PFF stats and grades are completely separate entities. The stats, like pressure percentage, time to throw etc, are objective and are very valuable. The grades are not objective or transparent and are generally done without knowledge of assignements. But thats a whole other debate.
Its possible to use the PFF stats without putting faith into PFF grades.

For the sake of argument though, if EA uses PFF grades heavily for their ratings why is the Titans' defense ranked top 10 in Madden but they are 17th in front-seven and 29th in secondary according to PFF preseason previews? Cardinals who are 15th in front-seven and 2nd in secondary are ranked bottom 10.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.