Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports today announced a new ratings hub for Madden NFL 17.

This hub will come complete with a completely searchable and sortable database of every player in the game, updated in real time and dynamically with in-game roster updates.

Also, EA pulled back the curtain on how overall ratings for players in Madden NFL are calculated. Check those out in the chart below:

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 D81SKINS @ 08/06/16 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Brings up an interesting question....does coach scheme already affect those percentages (even as simply a modifier)?

It's important in a way. Based on the chart, RT overall is weighed more heavily for RBK than PBK (vice versa for LT). What if I have a lefty QB?
Possible position change for your best PBK LT, move him to RT?
Or scout/draft the highest rated PBK, RT....

# 22 khaliib @ 08/06/16 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Doesn't overall matter in a Franchise. Doesn't overall heavily factor into contracts, trades, etc. If overall doesn't accurately reflect the players effectiveness, doesn't that create a franchise/team imbalance?

It could be that I'm just misunderstanding you.
Contracts and depth chart positioning, that's it.

With the ability to edit contracts now, I plan on doing contracts to represent the players skill set for that team schemes vs the generalized worst to best structure currently followed.

# 23 canes21 @ 08/07/16 12:18 AM
How very Madden-eque. The QB chart doesn't add up to 100% and this feels a bit incomplete since it doesn't tell you how each scheme and player type changes the formula.

# 24 kehlis @ 08/07/16 11:46 AM
It's weird that it wouldn't be like this for the other positions but it's possible the other categories all (or most) share a fraction of a percentage point in the overall which could be why they were left off.

Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Doesn't overall matter in a Franchise. Doesn't overall heavily factor into contracts, trades, etc. If overall doesn't accurately reflect the players effectiveness, doesn't that create a franchise/team imbalance?

It could be that I'm just misunderstanding you.
I can't speak for what he was going for but I used to make that same argument but basically only when comparing the Madden rating to real life performance when pissing matches are going on about this player being too high or this player being too low.

I've never used with how the overall actually affects CFM.

# 25 Last Gunfighter @ 08/07/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Anyone who wants to go through and compare this new weighting chart (the one on the OP's post) to the old one (below) gets extra credit:

(Spoiler tagged so as not to cause confusion to people just browsing the thread looking for the current chart)

Spoiler

Source: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/#part1
Is this the chart for 16?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

# 26 bcruise @ 08/07/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Is this the chart for 16?

We can't know for sure. It was the chart from '15, so it might have changed for '16 and it might not.

I used it last year and the OVR gains when I added points to an attribute were pretty predictable., so it was at least really close.

# 27 Last Gunfighter @ 08/07/16 02:32 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but what do the different colors indicate? I thought it was the darker colors were the more important attributes but that does seem to be right. 😕

# 28 wodi @ 08/07/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I wish pass blocking had a 2% impact on HB rating

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pass block is so key for rb in real life, the fact that madden gives no weight to it is awful

# 29 bsjustice @ 08/08/16 01:10 PM
The QB total is updated on the EA site with Throwing Power updated to 26% instead of 13% that is shown on the original graphic captured by the OP.

# 30 tessl @ 08/08/16 04:10 PM
I'm surprised the offensive line has different percentages for different positions. Not a huge difference but some/most of those positions are interchangeable.

# 31 avwhitechic @ 08/09/16 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Brings up an interesting question....does coach scheme already affect those percentages (even as simply a modifier)?

It's important in a way. Based on the chart, RT overall is weighed more heavily for RBK than PBK (vice versa for LT). What if I have a lefty QB?

Even though I'm glad EA is being more transparent about the overall formula...Madden has never played according to overalls. Madden is an animation based game and how fast you can get those animations to play out. Now we get a Slider based formula that would be something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 32 chunt04 @ 08/19/16 08:48 AM
Are any of you guys able to export the ratings page they posted into an excel spreadsheet? It would be nice to be able to sort based on ratings, almost like a find player tool.

# 33 Firestarter333 @ 08/19/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
Are any of you guys able to export the ratings page they posted into an excel spreadsheet? It would be nice to be able to sort based on ratings, almost like a find player tool.

this is a couple weeks old and not up to date with current ratings but its all i have.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1304710020

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.