Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Game Informer has posted a new Madden NFL 17 developer Q&A with EA Tiburon's Rex Dickson (creative director), John White (franchise lead designer), and Michael Hoag (presentation designer). The Q&A confirms formation subs will be included in a day one patch. Users will be able to update them from within CFM, including in the menus. Many other items are discussed, so make sure to give it a listen.

Source - The Sports Desk – The Madden 17 Developers Answer Your Questions

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 michaelhawj @ 08/08/16 06:40 PM
i wish they also add option for open/close roof on teams too

# 22 jfsolo @ 08/08/16 06:40 PM
I like how Rex was acting annoyed about being asked about Formation Subs again, "like dude, why you guys keep asking about this, John go ahead answer this one", and John in his typical low key manner is like, "Yeah, we got it in"

# 23 T4VERTS @ 08/08/16 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I like how Rex was acting annoyed about being asked about Formation Subs again, "like dude, why you guys keep asking about this, John go ahead answer this one", and John in his typical low key manner is like, "Yeah, we got it in"
I personally liked his shirt.

# 24 Cowboy008 @ 08/08/16 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Coordinators & Coaching Carousel a high priority they want to get in, want to get the license to have each specific coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would actually be fine with fake coordinators if they can't get the real ones.

# 25 charter04 @ 08/08/16 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
So can we set formation subs outside of a game in the cfm menu?

I'm guessing yes since there already were formation subs in game

# 26 solmon @ 08/08/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Good question

# 27 aholbert32 @ 08/08/16 07:01 PM
Quote:
Yes. In the video John said that it is CFM only and that they can be accessed in a CFM menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 28 charter04 @ 08/08/16 07:01 PM
Did they say formation subs are in?

# 29 BadAssHskr @ 08/08/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Did they say if it was going to only be for stock playbook? I know they were struggling to get it to work with customs.

Anyone confirm?

# 30 bigeastbumrush @ 08/08/16 07:18 PM
It's about damn time

# 31 jeremym480 @ 08/08/16 07:22 PM
Do they have complete formation subs for Special Teams?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 32 jpdavis82 @ 08/08/16 07:25 PM
Goal line sets are part of this, trying to find out about special teams

# 33 bad_philanthropy @ 08/08/16 07:37 PM
This dev team continues to go beyond what I've come to expect from customer support for any product.

Incredible stuff.

# 34 Unlucky 13 @ 08/08/16 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Do they have complete formation subs for Special Teams?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thats one of the biggest things for me too. Swap out any WRs and TEs on the kick team for safetys and linebackers.

# 35 Mauer4MVP @ 08/08/16 07:49 PM
So I assume that means day one as in release day and not EA access next week.
How has it worked with previous patches like that in regards to franchise? Would I need to restart a franchise if I wanted that in?

# 36 Ijeswannaknow @ 08/08/16 07:51 PM
Is there player of the game with stats this year?

# 37 Joshua1207 @ 08/08/16 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex Dickson- Story Mode and Team Play, feels like these features other sports games already have and we need to have them in our game. Each year it becomes more inexcusable not to have these things. Feels that it's a requirement that you check all these boxes that other sports games have checked in this day and age.
Does anyone actually want a story mode? I hate when I see that stuff in sports games. Unless they can make it completely non-linear where you can control every aspect of it, it is just lame. I don't want some forced story where I am forced to be undrafted, try out & cut from teams etc. I'd rather them just fix player Career mode and make that more interactive.

# 38 CM Hooe @ 08/08/16 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Does anyone actually want a story mode?
I imagine story modes in sports games are more of a hit with people who want to play sports game as linear experiences, sure. This sort of person would want to play the game casually, "beat" it, and then move on to the next game.

Right now Madden is so open-ended that there really is no ultimate "win" condition. For hardcore fans like us, that's fantastic (and that's one of my personal favorite things about the game, to be frank; the replay value is immense). For more casual players, it can make the gameplay experience intimidating.

# 39 Joshua1207 @ 08/08/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I imagine story modes in sports games are more of a hit with people who want to play sports game as linear experiences, sure. This sort of person would want to play the game casually, "beat" it, and then move on to the next game.

Right now Madden is so open-ended that there really is no ultimate "win" condition. For hardcore fans like us, that's fantastic (and that's one of my personal favorite things about the game, to be frank; the replay value is immense). For more casual players, it can make the gameplay experience intimidating.
Hmm, I suppose you make a fine point. Definitely different from what I want in a sports game, but that does make some sense.

# 40 BleedGreen710 @ 08/08/16 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
they seem to have added evidence to my concerns about them looking to take on more modes for M18 and beyond, as if they feel what's there now is solid.
that is actually a little concerning. hadn't thought about it that way...

I would much rather them be polishing what we have now then going down a different road with story mode and all that stuff. hopefully they have the same philosophy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.