Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K Sports just posted a brand new NBA 2K17 trailer celebrating the Dream Team complete with current and legacy players. The trailer is 1:36 and is set to the "Star Spangled Banner" -- and might we say quite timely with the Olympics ongoing.

Quote:
As previously announced, both teams will be featured in the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series*, in addition to renowned Duke University and USA Basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski, who is making his debut in the NBA 2K series. Fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 will receive the legendary 1992 USA Basketball “Dream Team”, along with a special USA Basketball MyTEAM card and MyPLAYER jersey to fully customize their USA Basketball experience.

Comprised of NBA Hall of Famers, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone and David Robinson, the 1992 “Dream Team” is universally considered one of, if not the greatest, team ever assembled in basketball history. The 2016 USA Basketball team includes NBA 2K17 cover athlete Paul George and Team 2K athletes Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Kyrie Irving.

Give it a watch and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 scottyp180 @ 08/10/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I wish 2k would just be a lot more arrogant and just operate like they're at the top of the mountain and there's nothing that anybody could do about it. I like this trailer would have loved it just before the Olympics started. I would have crapped my pants over this a week ago. I feel like they could've and should've shown their gameplay off by now. They have nothing to worry about as far as competition, I've seen the new madden, FIFA (which has s strong competitor) and nhl, but not 2k which is 40 or so days away. C'mon 2k!

That's my somewhat immature self speaking, from a business sense I don't think it hurts them from not showing the gameplay. They've been doing this the last few years and sales are improving, but I don't think the sales would be harmed if they showed the gameplay a tad earlier than they have. Just my opinion.
I think it's done to keep hype and anticipation up. I'll use this analogy. If you go on a date with a girl and sleep with her the first night she loses part of her appeal (unless she is the greatest thing in bed then you just want more). The excitement of the chase is gone. However if first date ends with just a kiss it builds up the anticipation for the next date or encounter. Maybe next date you get a little more. There's a build up to that final moment.

I think this is exactly how 2K operates. Since the playoffs we have gotten little tide bits here and there. Kobe edition reveal, Paul George cover announcement, Australia national team announced, dream team and team usa, and now we have a trailer. Everything thing they do leaves you wanting more and more.

Now of course they could just come out with a trailer and an info dump and fans would still be hyped and highly anticipating the next info reveal but I feel the slow burn just builds a bit of suspense and mystery.

# 62 Crunky @ 08/10/16 12:59 PM
Graphics look good love the sweat effects and I like Kevin Durants player model.

Hype Is Foreal.

# 63 scottyp180 @ 08/10/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
KD was about the only thing that impressed me in that trailer.

Bird looked like a slight upgrade on that awful photo of him from a few weeks back, still looks garbage though.

So many of those bodies still look far too thick to me, and it's pretty ordinary the effort they've put into the dream team, when they seemingly are going to market a huge chunk of their game around it this year.

They'd wanna be bringing out some substantial changes to other modes because putting in two pre order bonus teams isn't very appealing.
When has 2K ever marketed their game around their preorder bonuses? They are nice incentives but usually their games are sold on game modes and improvements (whether it's upgrades do gameplay, game modes, presentation, online play, etc).

We still have about a month and a half until the game drips. 2k will give us plenty to get excited about over the coming weeks.

# 64 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/10/16 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Skin tones look better

# 65 23 @ 08/10/16 01:11 PM
Quote:
‏@Ronnie2K
#1: Think we all thought we were tapped graphically on this gen, but graphics have taken a LARGE leap as you'll see in this & future vids

Large huh Ronnie?

# 66 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/10/16 01:13 PM
Dope trailer. Body types look a little better but some players need to have more muscle definition (Pippen, Jordan, etc...)

# 67 scottyp180 @ 08/10/16 01:15 PM
I'm kind of curious what people expect in terms of classic/legend players. They obviously aren't going to look as great as current players since they can't face and body scan them (unless you guys want to see old Jordan, Bird, and Magic on the court). It would be nice to see the legends look as accurate a possible but I would rather them not dedicate a ton of time on the look of classic players (I imagine it would be a lengthy process to recreate these players with the aid of face scanning. Wouldn't have to all be done with drawings, sketchings, and computer imaging?). IMO they are fine. They arent mirror images of their real life counter parts but you can look at each player and identify them.

# 68 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/10/16 01:21 PM
Wow, so the graphics were already maxed out 3 games into this gen?

# 69 23 @ 08/10/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm kind of curious what people expect in terms of classic/legend players. They obviously aren't going to look as great as current players since they can't face and body scan them (unless you guys want to see old Jordan, Bird, and Magic on the court). It would be nice to see the legends look as accurate a possible but I would rather them not dedicate a ton of time on the look of classic players (I imagine it would be a lengthy process to recreate these players with the aid of face scanning. Wouldn't have to all be done with drawings, sketchings, and computer imaging?). IMO they are fine. They arent mirror images of their real life counter parts but you can look at each player and identify them.

I think they did well in 2k11.

Don't know the limitations or whatever here, but Ronnie claims it was a huge graphics step forward

Looks pretty good for no scan eh?

compared to

# 70 Junior Moe @ 08/10/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
The game is like 50GB though. This may be as good as it can get while keeping and even adding new stuff. I remember that memory was a reason why the console version could only handle 3 team rebrands last year. This year we can do the entire league. It may be a rob Peter to pay Paul type of thing. Personally, I'm fine with the graphics. It's more the bulky player models and court size that's my hangup graphically.

# 71 23 @ 08/10/16 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The game is like 50GB though. This may be as good as it can get while keeping and even adding new stuff. I remember that memory was a reason why the console version could only handle 3 team rebrands last year. This year we can do the entire league. It may be a rob Peter to pay Paul type of thing. Personally, I'm fine with the graphics. It's more the bulky player models and court size that's my hangup graphically.
Memory was NOT the reason they couldn't rebrand more teams.

C'mon man don't give out disinformation.

# 72 Nine.Six.Melo @ 08/10/16 01:33 PM
Wish I could take Coach K into MyGM or MyLeague.

# 73 sonofbluz72 @ 08/10/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
It's like those dancers in 2k15. Watch once, skip every other time.
Wow.....the historic players look way better in 2k11....why don't they just recycle those player models and make them a little more hi def...I feel like they really took the time to make them in 2k11 because Jordan was on the cover and they knew people would want to play with those teams a lot more...later down the road it feels like they just gave up on it...at least keep the same player models if your only gunna make it worse

# 74 Junior Moe @ 08/10/16 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Memory was NOT the reason they couldn't rebrand more teams.

C'mon man don't give out disinformation.
I distinctly recall their being some reason given as to why the console version of the game was restricted to only 3 while the PC version was able to do more because of memory or something. Whatever the case, it seems to be resolved now. That's all I was getting at man, damn!

# 75 iLLWiLL @ 08/10/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds

Can we get a new facial scan for Jimmy Butler, please? Looks like Justice Winslow. And last year his skin tone was too light.

# 76 jeebs9 @ 08/10/16 01:43 PM
I'm in love!!!

# 77 LM1213 @ 08/10/16 01:44 PM
they took way to long to come out with this...but...I liked it. Jordan didn't look as bad as in the picture. I can see the graphical upgrade. KD body type looks good. better teeth. It took so long that I am not hyped. but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. looks like some good touches. it's an improvement, now we just need to see about gameplay

# 78 LM1213 @ 08/10/16 01:45 PM
lighting looks better too from what I can see.

# 79 MackZillaTV @ 08/10/16 01:47 PM
I swear, I need to stay away from the Internet when 2K drops info, always negativity in the vibes.

# 80 Vni @ 08/10/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Console specs are already pretty old. They maxed out a while ago.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.