Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

We have captured 21 NBA 2K17 screenshots from "The Dream Lives On" trailer, released earlier this morning. Check them out here.

NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 VDusen04 @ 08/10/16 10:37 PM
Not trying to be funny, but Larry Bird actually looks pretty true to his 1992 self when his head's pointed downward for the anthem.

# 2 lakers24 @ 08/10/16 10:45 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the complaints. That's a damn good old Larry Legend tbh. He definitely looks a bit improved from the Team USA pics as did Magic, D-Rob, and a couple of current players (Jimmy B for example) from the trailer. I'm praying that one day DeAndre will finally let himself be scanned by 2k.

# 3 LM1213 @ 08/10/16 11:10 PM
I think KDs arms need to be just a smidge thicker.. Just a small tad bit

# 4 Frenchman Flying @ 08/11/16 02:01 AM
- Micheal Jordan... no improvement since 2k12... 5 years ago.
- I don't see any change for the current Team USA players neither besides Draymon Green's face (he also lost a lot of pounds..)
- Cousins' arms are as skinny as Durant's like NBA2k17

So far the only update I see is the possibility to start off the MyGM mode anytime in the middle of the season with actual stats, etc.
This was possible in 2k10 or 11 (can't remember the exact year).

Really disappointed 2k... I hope some major news are coming soon.

# 5 JJRuelz @ 08/11/16 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
I think KDs arms need to be just a smidge thicker.. Just a small tad bit
Nah I think it's just that his shoulders don't slope at all. It looks like he's wearing shoulder pads.

# 6 MarkWilliam @ 08/11/16 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
Nah I think it's just that his shoulders don't slope at all. It looks like he's wearing shoulder pads.

NAILED it.

I also think the arms are ok (for thickness). It's his shoulders that just make him look odd. Wide shoulders and skinny arms. It's just odd looking IMO.

23 is blue in the face trying to say this over on the vid thread

# 7 daveberg @ 08/11/16 03:44 AM
Jordan STILL looks terrible. Hasn't been right since 2k13.

How they get arguably the greatest player of all time wrong, year after year is beyond me.

In that angle, Bird looks great though!

DRob wasn't too bad - Ewing and Pip also looking MUCH better.

# 8 JJRuelz @ 08/11/16 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Jordan STILL looks terrible. Hasn't been right since 2k13.

How they get arguably the greatest player of all time wrong, year after year is beyond me.

In that angle, Bird looks great though!

DRob wasn't too bad - Ewing and Pip also looking MUCH better.
am I the only one who thinks he doesn't look THAT BAD? I mean he looks like Jordan lol

# 9 daveberg @ 08/11/16 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
am I the only one who thinks he doesn't look THAT BAD? I mean he looks like Jordan lol
He's taken a graphical back seat since last gen.

Can't even give the guy his accurate look for the Dream Team - MJ had a goatee the entire time.

This looks like blatant copy and paste stuff here. The model doesn't appear to have been worked on at all.

# 10 MarkWilliam @ 08/11/16 07:11 AM
Quote:
He's taken a graphical back seat since last gen.

Can't even give the guy his accurate look for the Dream Team - MJ had a goatee the entire time.

This looks like blatant copy and paste stuff here. The model doesn't appear to have been worked on at all.
Is it just me or do those wrinkles in his forehead worsen the whole debacle that is his face?

# 11 MarkWilliam @ 08/11/16 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
MJ looks more like Vernon Maxwell with the crazy eyes and funny enough Vernon Maxwell doesn't look like himself at all, even in 2k12, and more like Carl Herrera who ironically enough is not on that 93-94 team. How you could go from a perfect MJ in 2k11, similar in 2k12 I believe and downhill from there is just odd to say the least..
And I don't think the other 92 Legends look THAT bad.

I'd have preferred if they all looked average/bad and MJ looked good. Like if they spent more time just on perfecting MJ.

God knows, the man earned it.

# 12 daveberg @ 08/11/16 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Is it just me or do those wrinkles in his forehead worsen the whole debacle that is his face?
I've gotta say, the more I look at our 'current' Jordan, the more I'm seeing Big Bird from Sesame Street - I think it's the open mouth thing he's got going on along with his weird head shape.

Yeah, the wrinkles really aren't doing the model any favours at all!!

# 13 wimp14 @ 08/11/16 09:02 AM
It's hard for me to say Jordan loook horrible. I can look at the player model and know it's Jordan that alone makes him ok. Could Jordan and bird be better sure. We sound unrealistic asking for a inch added or removed to a guy shoulder or arms.

# 14 The 24th Letter @ 08/11/16 09:18 AM
I get the Jordan complaints....gotta hold the GOAT to a higher standard.

Only thing Ill say is that throwing those 2K14/15 angry face MJ pics up vs a neutral face Jordan in 2K11 is a bit misleading.

Why not a neutral 2K11/2K16 comparison? ...then, I dont know...maybe we can help identify some specifics for the art team. What stands out immediately is the crooked mouth thing the 2K16 version has going on.

# 15 Mauer4MVP @ 08/11/16 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Only thing Ill say is that throwing those 2K14/15 angry face MJ pics up vs a neutral face Jordan in 2K11 is a bit misleading.

Why not a neutral 2K11/2K16 comparison? ...then, I dont know...maybe we can help identify some specifics for the art team. What stands out immediately is the crooked mouth thing the 2K16 version has going on.

Obviously the one on the left is better, but I honestly don't get the huge deal. I think he looks okay.

# 16 daveberg @ 08/11/16 09:33 AM
Quote:

I actually found it tough to get hold of a neutral pic for 2k16 outside of taking a screen shot myself, but nice find there - it's a better comparison for sure.

I'm still not feeling it though. I think 2k11/12 absolutely nailed it.

I'm personally seeing something wrong with the actual head shape/size. Totally agree with the mouth too, that's pretty skewed.

I will say this though, there was an improvement from 14 - 16 (Current gen) I believe. When I saw the mess the legends were in on the PS4 I completely skipped 2k14.

15 was pretty bad too but I think these threads may have helped tweak Mike for 16, so fingers crossed we can keep on pluggin away at 2k, maybe someone's listening out there.....

(2k15 MJ below

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 08/11/16 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Obviously the one on the left is better, but I honestly don't get the huge deal. I think he looks okay.
It's that he starts to look off when he emotes....

Quote:
I actually found it tough to get hold of a neutral pic for 2k16 outside of taking a screen shot myself, but nice find there - it's a better comparison for sure.

I'm still not feeling it though. I think 2k11/12 absolutely nailed it.

I'm personally seeing something wrong with the actual head shape/size. Totally agree with the mouth too, that's pretty skewed.

I will say this though, there was an improvement from 14 - 16 (Current gen) I believe. When I saw the mess the legends were in on the PS4 I completely skipped 2k14.

15 was pretty bad too but I think these threads may have helped tweak Mike for 16, so fingers crossed we can keep on pluggin away at 2k, maybe someone's listening out there.....
Yeah I think it could use work as well, I want to make that clear..... I just want to make sure we are looking at the root of the problem in the right context since progress has already been made....hopefully we can keep the momenteum.

This is a comparison between 15/16

Spoiler

# 18 MarkWilliam @ 08/11/16 09:41 AM
Something about that bum fluff mo' he's rocking is off to me.....its got a grey tinge in there that makes me think "Roger Murtaugh"

Not that he looks a lot like it, it's just where my mind darts initially.

# 19 23 @ 08/11/16 09:48 AM
Quote:

Thats a moded face

Lol nice try two 4

# 20 MarkWilliam @ 08/11/16 09:49 AM
Quote:

I like this post. I'm looking hard and its almost difficult to pin point the issue. It's like a blend of things from features being a little more defined (eyebrows and mo) to the limited texture on the older one maybe accidentally giving it nicer colours (from those angles anyway).

Agree, the crooked mouth thing. But man..... seems more of a collective thing.

But I've said it before, I could probably live it down if he regains some signature stuff. Still possible in 2K17 aswell so fingers crossed.

Edit: If 23 is right it kind of stomps on this post to a degree. Thanks man! Haha....

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.