Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just announced the full NBA 2K17 soundtrack, curated by Imagine Dragons, Noah “40” Shebib of OVO Sound, and Grimes. The new soundtrack will feature music across all genres including hip-hop, rock and alternative with songs from JAY Z, Future, Action Bronson, The Internet, The 1975, Santigold, and more. Check out the full list of tracks below and listen to it on Spotify here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:08 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ridiculous

# 102 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
Too much hip hop IMO.

Hip hop is basketball like I think rock and roll is NFL

# 103 RandomPerson @ 08/13/16 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
so we dont like drake anymore When did this happen?

if you ask me its sort of out of nowhere...
Spoiler

I'm not the biggest hip hop/rap fan (I like some of the 90's west coast stuff), but Drake has always sounded like typical radio trash to me.

# 104 azy19 @ 08/13/16 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Hip hop is basketball like I think rock and roll is NFL
I dont get why people think that the music needs to fit in with the game. I want to listen to music I like and I don't find that many hip hop songs good.

# 105 Trackball @ 08/13/16 12:22 AM
Quote:
I dont get why people think that the music needs to fit in with the game. I want to listen to music I like and I don't find that many hip hop songs good.
I will agree in part with your first point--2K11 introduced me to that WEIRD song "Symphonies," and the tune's been a favorite of mine ever since.

And it certainly didn't fit a basketball game.

# 106 23 @ 08/13/16 12:37 AM
Definitely need music to fit basketball

I don't want to hear about "where you and ya mens at?"

...and how you woke up in a car.

SMH man

# 107 NoLeafClover @ 08/13/16 12:53 AM
They need that "Remember the Name" song by Fort Minor on the soundtrack, such a good beat and fitting song for basketball... They even had it as the playoffs theme song many years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybr5_7FSGko

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

# 108 MBhoops @ 08/13/16 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Or they simply don't like Drake...his music is alright. I've heard better. If it was up to me, I would prefer to have songs from artists like DMX, LL Cool J, Eminem, Obie Trice, Lil John, Method Man, Nas, mixed in with some Ratt, Korn, Metallica, Rob Zombie, and songs from the Rocky 4 soundtrack, lol.
I could definitely get on board with this. Throw in a little Tech N9ne and some rap from the mid80s through early 90s and it's all good.

I don't dislike the soundtrack because it's rap. I love the hip hop culture it's part of who I am. I dislike it because 99% of it is trash rap. Simply not good. Sorry if that offends anyone haha.

I never expect to like the soundtrack. I get it. They have to sell the game and these are the songs that sell.

But as I said, spotify is around so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

# 109 MackZillaTV @ 08/13/16 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Definitely need music to fit basketball

I don't want to hear about "where you and ya mens at?"

...and how you woke up in a car.

SMH man
Songs should NEVER have to fit it's respective sport in video games, it should fit their main demographic, most people that play NBA games love rap, Madden is a mix, WWE is rock, NHL is Rock, MLB is a mix. Nobody wants to here basketball related songs repeatedly, we don't have to be reminded we're playing a basketball game.

# 110 23 @ 08/13/16 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Songs should NEVER have to fit it's respective sport in video games, it should fit their main demographic, most people that play NBA games love rap, Madden is a mix, WWE is rock, NHL is Rock, MLB is a mix. Nobody wants to here basketball related songs repeatedly, we don't have to be reminded we're playing a basketball game.
That's your opinion.

# 111 NDAlum @ 08/13/16 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negan
I'm sorry, being I'm not a trendy teenager or Hip Hopper, I don't keep up with trash music...Sorry for my ignorance on this matter. I'll take my curiosity and head over to the senior section. But hey, thanks...
If you make another post of this nature you will be given an infraction for trolling and/or insulting people.

Why can't people just steer clear or bashing the opinions of others? If you don't like the music it's fine to say it. To be disrespectful and insinuate that those who like it are trendy teenagers or hip hopper's is rude and unnecessary.

If you don't like the music...say you don't like it. Don't criticize those who do. You say you should go to a senior area...well act like you're a mature adult.

Thank you

# 112 Gosens6 @ 08/13/16 06:54 AM
I went to the Drake and Future concert last night. All I could think about was OS and how many of you would be having such a terrible time LOL

# 113 MBhoops @ 08/13/16 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I went to the Drake and Future concert last night. All I could think about was OS and how many of you would be having such a terrible time LOL
That would be a living nightmare for me hahaha. Only thing that could make it worse is if Kanye appeared.

Although I hope you didn't spend the entire concert thinking about us, hope you at least enjoyed the performance.

# 114 Gramps91 @ 08/13/16 08:33 AM
2k10, 2k11, and 2k15 had great soundtracks. This looks mostly bad but I've only heard these clips, so hopefully the songs will sound better in full. I'm just not much on most rap. I prefer the Raggae or Indie style songs. 2k10 had Matisyahu and MGMT, great stuff. 2k11 had Failsafe and 2k15 had The Strokes, No Doubt, Depeche Mode, and I even liked the Lorde song on 2k15. Of course if I had my way the whole playlist would be metal, punk or rock music but the above songs I mentioned on past 2k games were really good and I'd like to see more in that variety.

2k16's soundtrack was just trash. There were a lot of songs but they all sucked except for The Ramones.

# 115 J_Posse @ 08/13/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
or this over and over for what was I believe the 2k1 soundtrack

https://youtu.be/dfQFmMMUV0I
That is classic Redman, right there! Dopeness.

Pretty good soundtrack, although I can understand why people have complaints.

I thought it was doper when 2K had underground DJ's and their own people create the soundtrack. They had a good ear for music themselves, picked music that connected well with basketball/the game and overall just were excellent soundtracks, IMO. It would be nice for them to harken back to that stuff, but the series is way, way more mainstream than it was from 2K5 - 2K10 (the time that I thought the music was best).

I'm surprised that Future/Drake - Jumpman didn't make the cut. That song is a club record yet actually references something involving the sport. Plus, I love Santigold a lot (she is dope as a MF'er) but she has a other great songs than just Shove It and Creators, IMHO.

I'm surprised that people are complaining about "Hip Hoppers" and this soundtrack having "too much" rap music. From listening to the soundtrack thus far, I would argue the complete opposite.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 116 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 11:55 AM
Quote:

No but you said too much hip hop in your opinion and I'm just stating which pretty much a fact that the hip hop community is more associated with basketball . So it shouldn't be alarming that this album has a lot of rap . I like diversity in songs too but if you're looking for less hip hop in a basketball game you're looking in the wrong place pal

# 117 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's your opinion.

Naw he's right because that basketball song from what 2k12 got on my nerves after a while . Don't have problem some songs that are basketball related if they're good . But not even in NBA promos are the songs really basketball related

# 118 MBhoops @ 08/13/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Naw he's right because that basketball song from what 2k12 got on my nerves after a while . Don't have problem some songs that are basketball related if they're good . But not even in NBA promos are the songs really basketball related
Please don't tell me you're talking about the legend that is Kurtis Blow? Haha. I love that song.

# 119 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:03 PM
Only 12 songs on this soundtrack out of what 39 are considered rap game so you have 27 songs of different types of music .

# 120 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
Please don't tell me you're talking about the legend that is Kurtis Blow? Haha. I love that song.

Lmaoo man " Basketball is my favorite sport " man it was like the game was purposely trying to play it every 4 mins it made me go crazy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.