Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just announced the full NBA 2K17 soundtrack, curated by Imagine Dragons, Noah “40” Shebib of OVO Sound, and Grimes. The new soundtrack will feature music across all genres including hip-hop, rock and alternative with songs from JAY Z, Future, Action Bronson, The Internet, The 1975, Santigold, and more. Check out the full list of tracks below and listen to it on Spotify here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:11 PM
I wish they brought back Electric Feel arguably the best 2k song or top 5 other than Creator

# 122 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/13/16 12:13 PM
I like this song off the soundtrack and I mostly listen to rap and R&b

It just makes me feel good lol I love these type of beats https://youtu.be/oWxm_Qladd0

# 123 eltyboogie @ 08/13/16 12:41 PM
you dudes gotta realize basketball is a hip-hop sport
it makes zero sense for there to be a bunch of anything except for hip hop
so stop complaining about there not being enough rock and country music lol

# 124 Vni @ 08/13/16 12:49 PM
I'am not into hip hop that much but I'd have loved some of the Sage Infinite work to be in the game. He gets me hyped. Has he ever been in the game or nah ?

# 125 Caveman24 @ 08/13/16 01:31 PM
Drake FT Drake

# 126 MBhoops @ 08/13/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
I agree.

We need to start complaining about the quality of this so called "hip hop" (sorry but most of these acts are a disgrace to the culture)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

# 127 MackZillaTV @ 08/13/16 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I wish they brought back Electric Feel arguably the best 2k song or top 5 other than Creator
Eletric Feel to this day is a Top 5 Song in 2K history.

# 128 azy19 @ 08/13/16 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
No but you said too much hip hop in your opinion and I'm just stating which pretty much a fact that the hip hop community is more associated with basketball . So it shouldn't be alarming that this album has a lot of rap . I like diversity in songs too but if you're looking for less hip hop in a basketball game you're looking in the wrong place pal
Oh I'm not surprised at all I'm just giving you my opinion. Obviously the music choices should be made from what they think their customers are going to like. I'd also like to say that I don't hate hip hop or any music genre, I just don't like bad songs(obviously), but hip hop is one of the genres that produces the least amount of good songs to my taste.

On the subject of music fitting the theme of the game, heck I don't even think there are certain music that fit certain games, just different music fitting different people. I just want to listen to good music while I play games.

# 129 eltyboogie @ 08/13/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
I agree.

We need to start complaining about the quality of this so called "hip hop" (sorry but most of these acts are a disgrace to the culture)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean yeah that's a more valid argument (even though I disagree)
Why do people wonder why the most popular hip hop artist right now has a bunch of songs on basketball game soundtrack lol
It should be obvious why

# 130 CrimsonJ @ 08/13/16 10:11 PM
If they gonna put Santigold on the soundtrack again, why they didn't use one of her songs from her album that came out this year?

# 131 t_SKY @ 08/13/16 10:16 PM
Hey guys, for those who has Spotify. I made an NBA 2k17 soundtrack playlist. Check it out.

NBA 2K17 Soundtrack Spotify

# 132 dnyce87 @ 08/13/16 10:50 PM
NBA 2K7 and NBA 2k10 Soundtrack were by far the best IMO.

# 133 Trackball @ 08/13/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
For eleven years (1991-2002), THIS was the theme song of basketball.
Sadly, 2K can't use it for legal reasons, but does this sound like hip-hop to you?

I don't care what genres are in the game. Is it good music?

# 134 Macs Power @ 08/13/16 11:17 PM
I'm just happy to see Chairlift and Grimes get some recognition for their awesome style. On paper it looks better than 2k16's soundtrack, which is cool!

# 135 fatleg3 @ 08/13/16 11:32 PM
Nba 2k11 and 2k13 had the best soundtracks. Both soundtracks are on Spotify. Go listen and tell me I'm wrong. Give me either one or a mixture of both and in good....

I think this song should be on every sports game soundtrack. I just really love the tune of it.

https://youtu.be/ktvTqknDobU
Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 136 dnyce87 @ 08/14/16 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Nba 2k11 and 2k13 had the best soundtracks. Both soundtracks are on Spotify. Go listen and tell me I'm wrong. Give me either one or a mixture of both and in good....

I think this song should be on every sports game soundtrack. I just really love the tune of it.
https://youtu.be/4U8C_XuE7wc

NBA 2k11 is runner up for sure and 2k13 isn't even close. Too much Jay-Z; and not to mention curated by Jay-Z which doesn't help its cause.

# 137 fatleg3 @ 08/14/16 12:08 AM

# 138 fatleg3 @ 08/14/16 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
NBA 2k11 is runner up for sure and 2k13 isn't even close. Too much Jay-Z; and not to mention curated by Jay-Z which doesn't help its cause.
Blasphemy....Even though their was only about 3 song by Jay Z, you can never have enough Jigga.....

# 139 TheVinylHippo @ 08/14/16 08:12 AM
I usually don't care whether specific songs are featured in 2K's soundtracks, but I'm extremely disappointed untitled 07 (Levitate) by Kendrick Lamar isn't featured on the the soundtrack. Not just because I love the track, but also because of this:

# 140 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/16 01:43 PM
Should've had "Kobe" by Chief Keef. Come on he's the cover guy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.