Home
FIFA 17 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the career mode features for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions of FIFA 17, that give you even greater control over your club's season, the option to compete in the J-League, and your fully rendered manager avatar roaming the sideline.

Total Club Management
Total Club Management gives you new objectives to fulfill based upon your board's priorities. Each team now has a unique personality which dictates the goals you'll need to achieve in both the short and long term to succeed at your club.

Your board's expectations fall into five categories:
  • Domestic Success
  • Continental Success
  • Brand Exposure
  • Financial
  • Youth Development
Promote youth players, return to the top division, expand your club's brand in Asia, sign world class players - these are just some examples of the objectives you can expect in Career Mode in FIFA 17.

You'll be able to see your progress on these objectives from a new menu within Career Mode. Achieve the goals to keep your managerial popularity rating on target.

Whether you're returning a fallen giant to their former glory, turning your team into a European powerhouse with the help of a world-class youth program, or keeping your club's finances in the black, Total Club Management keeps your career experience fresh and dynamic season by season.

Financial System
FIFA 17 Career Mode introduces Club Worth, a rewritten and authentic club financial system with different sources of income and expense. You'll now be able to see a detailed breakdown of your income from transfers, loans, match-day revenue, media and merchandising, while your outgoings on player and scout wages, youth facilities, stadium maintenance and travel will also be visible to you in the Finances menu. This will help you keep your finances in check, a must for every modern football club.

Managers
Powered by Frostbite™ for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, managers are brought to life on the touchline for the first time in Career Mode. You'll be able to choose one of 11 high-res coaches to occupy the technical area which you'll then see during gameplay.

New League
The Japan J1 League is joining the list of leagues in which you'll be able to compete in FIFA 17's Career Mode. Read more about it here.

FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Turbojugend @ 08/12/16 01:14 PM
Holy Jeebus on a cracker... it's real.

# 2 JHedges2 @ 08/12/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Holy Jeebus on a cracker... it's real.
This.

lol......hype meter just exploded

# 3 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 08/12/16 01:27 PM
Sick. But is that it? Better scouting and youth development? Better loan system? Anything else?

# 4 Fabric @ 08/12/16 01:38 PM
Yas, definitely an improvement and a step up from FIFA 16! But yeah, hopefully there are some as of yet unannounced improvements coming our way during Gamescom (would be nice with some new contract options (half year contracts), improved scouting, tuned CPU transfer market activity, and dynamic crowds)

# 5 3oh2 @ 08/12/16 01:48 PM
Awesome, looks like my thinking was right haha. The collaboration seems to be starting with FIFA. Both NHL and Madden options being integrated.

# 6 KTBFFH @ 08/12/16 02:05 PM
Hopefully an option to start with the current manager for Prem teams! Pretty please.

# 7 PPerfect_CJ @ 08/12/16 02:17 PM
OMG! It was real! Yeah, I think I may have just peed a little.

# 8 Matt10 @ 08/12/16 02:28 PM
Love that interface. Pretty cool that Jleague is in CM as well.

# 9 HenryClay1844 @ 08/12/16 02:57 PM
I just hope there are actual customization options and that we can get creation centre back. Pre-selected avatars has me a little concerned that they have neglected this again.

# 10 Sneaky Deaky @ 08/12/16 04:04 PM
Does anybody have any idea if the career mode beta will include this? I assume the beta build will be earlier than the demo, but hopefully it is not too old that it doesn't have these new features.

Also, a good sign; one of Real Madrid's objectives is to win the Champions Cup within 2 years.
I hope this means no more ridiculous objectives like "We would love it if you won the cup!" and "We would love it if you won the league!" Oh, and, and... we'd love it if you won the Champions Cup, too!" all in your 2nd season! Because, you finished 3rd last term, so that surely means the team is ready to do the god damn treble.

Hopefully there are realistic objectives for all the teams: For example, Arsenal's objective should be to qualify for the Champions Cup every season, that's mandatory. And other objectives such as improving finances and improving the brand. And if you fulfil those objectives, you shouldn't get fired.

# 11 bad_philanthropy @ 08/12/16 04:15 PM
The potential bad news about this is that they highlighted the J-League as a new league to play in. Seems to indicate it's the only new league in the game.

# 12 Fabric @ 08/12/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The potential bad news about this is that they highlighted the J-League as a new league to play in. Seems to indicate it's the only new league in the game.
Yeah, that was the one thing that caught my eye as well. The Chinese Super League had been rumored for a while but this seems to indicate that it's not gonna be in FIFA 17. Considering the fact that a lot of good players seem to be going to Chinese teams, not to mention the potential for a major bump in sales from the Chinese market, I wonder why EA hasn't gone after the CSL license more aggressively?

# 13 tessl @ 08/12/16 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Sick. But is that it? Better scouting and youth development? Better loan system? Anything else?
Frostbite engine. If it's as good as I suspect it will be a major leap forward.

# 14 bad_philanthropy @ 08/12/16 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Frostbite engine. If it's as good as I suspect it will be a major leap forward.
Frostbite engine has nothing to do with UI/menu based portions of modes. It's strictly on the pitch gameplay and visual stuff.

# 15 HenryClay1844 @ 08/12/16 05:00 PM
The FUTHEAD preview has a lot more details and it sounds like we are getting another let down.. Many of the big issues, like super lame "press conferences" are unchanged. Sigh..

# 16 Velocityy @ 08/12/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
The FUTHEAD preview has a lot more details and it sounds like we are getting another let down.. Many of the big issues, like super lame "press conferences" are unchanged. Sigh..
Yea, I just read the review over there. Not as pretty as it looks on the screen. They said almost everything is unchanged with transfers/loans/press conferences/international offers/training. Transfer logic sounds the same, if not worse.

There are expectations for youth players (such as, increase 5 players by 10+ overall and get them into 5 games during the season) but it doesn't seem like the youth academy has changed, which means we'll still probably be stuck with 50 overall's who don't progress very fast and might fail that objective (while the other teams get artificial 20 point overall boosts for youth players, right?).

These are shiny and new, but man they really don't want to get under the hood to make some big changes, do they?

# 17 Entiae @ 08/12/16 05:46 PM
The FUTHEAD preview mentioned winning the Premier League and successfully completing two critical objectives as Manchester United, only to receive plenty of emails about the position being in danger.

WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO TURN FIRINGS OFF.

# 18 Fabric @ 08/12/16 05:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up with the Futhead preview, HenryClay1844! Here's a direct link if anyone else is interested: http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...r-mode-preview
- they also did a video-preview if tl;dr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYVI...ure=youtu.be&a

After reading their reaction to and comments on the new features I gotta say my initial optimistic outlook from the EA preview has turned a bit pessimistic, especially when it comes to the managers (only 11 non-customizable managers to choose from and no real managers in the game outside the BPL managers, ugh!). I guess the guys at Futhead could have been playing an early build of the game and that some things have been fine-tuned or added but I highly doubt it. Once again it seems like we're being sold the same old rusty car albeit with a new paint job and a new car smell to try to distract us from the god awful state of the car. I'm feeling very disappointed right now...

# 19 JayD @ 08/12/16 05:50 PM
Well after reading that It's 100% obvious that EA only cares about FUT. Thanks EA for adding flashy menus and nothing else. I mean, do they not even know how the transfer market works? Give me a break.

# 20 grizzlies317 @ 08/12/16 06:21 PM
With all of the hype around the new "journey" mode, I thought for sure manager career mode would receive some significant overhauls. Going off the Futhead preview, I've got to say I'm extremely disappointed. I don't even feel rage this year. It's just a real bummer.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.