Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

iMAV3RIQ has posted a new Madden NFL 17 video featuring the Dallas Cowboys vs. Cincinnati Bengals.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 08/12/16 02:10 PM
I'm still seeing a lot of completions. At one point in the video Dalton was 16/17. Hopefully with some slider tweaks we can see more incomplete passes.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 08/12/16 03:30 PM
  • Still worried about the TE corner routes. Seems like every video I've watched, whether the D is in man or zone, there just isn't enough done to take it away or stop it.
  • The sack-strip at 2:34ish by Gregory looked really nice. Love seeing plays like that.
  • I have a bad feeling the type of play at 5:02 is going to be really common. It was extremely common in the EA Play builds and I've already seen it numerous times in today's videos and I can't stand that kind of stuff. It was a huge problem a few years ago with getting hit and having DL's picking them off for free TD's. Seems like now it's a combination of that with tons of fumbles as well. Much rather just have them get rid of the ball for incompletions.
  • 5:18 is where having penalties tied to animations hurts a little bit. Looked like blatant PI but no call.
  • Seeing lots of good WR/DB interactions. Witten catch at 5:25 was nice.
  • The Romo pass at 5:50 I didn't like at all. Pressure right in his face with no room to step into a throw and he delivers a 60-yard strike like it was nothing. I'd like to see significantly longer animations for those types of throws, I know it would be frustrating for the user but standing basically flat footed and chucking 60-yard times shouldn't be possible like that.

# 3 TerryP @ 08/12/16 03:50 PM
Not an online gamer. Seems twitchy & fast. Is there an option to play on slow game speed for online games?

# 4 Speedy @ 08/12/16 04:11 PM
Is it me or is the movement of a runner after the catch quite jerky?

# 5 striker3771 @ 08/12/16 04:32 PM
I'm not feeling it from the looks at that video. One positive thing I liked was that we may have some kind of pass rush from the defensive line this year. I'll hold judgement until I get to play it on EA access next weekend.

# 6 newgeneration11 @ 08/12/16 04:39 PM
just as a casual Franchise guy who took last year off, this looks great. This is broadcast camera right? going to be doing CPU v CPU and only broadcast cam is enabled..

edit: dammit , this isn't broadcast. smh

# 7 PVarck31 @ 08/12/16 04:40 PM
There were a lot of things that looked good, and also some things that still need work.

To me it seemed like the pass rush was much better, and I think I even saw some new animations on the pass rush as well.

# 8 bubba4 @ 08/12/16 04:44 PM
Thankful for videos as release gets closer, but I just can't get into this edit fest that is used for every video thus far. Are we ever going to see a video where the game plays out from play to play instead of select plays? I really can't tell much from what I see.

I really miss the good old days when devs weren't afraid to show their games.

# 9 DeuceDouglas @ 08/12/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
Thankful for videos as release gets closer, but I just can't get into this edit fest that is used for every video thus far. Are we ever going to see a video where the game plays out from play to play instead of select plays? I really can't tell much from what I see.

I really miss the good old days when devs weren't afraid to show their games.
This thread has a ~45 minute full game between the Panthers and Colts.

Madden NFL 17 Videos - Panthers vs. Colts & Play the Moment Walkthrough (SGO)

# 10 l8knight1 @ 08/12/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Seems to be the reward for completions in tighter coverage. There's 2004 Vick speed going on here. Tackling is more like dancing.

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 08/12/16 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Movement as a whole is my biggest issue with all the videos. I almost want to call it warping the way it looks sometimes with RB's seeming to pick up speed through certain cuts/swerves as well as receivers and tight ends looking like they're accelerating through their breaks instead of out of them which causes a lot of issues in coverage. Same thing happens on defense sometimes with WR/DB interactions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.