Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction to the legs or body. This should fix the "magic combo" issues.
  • Tuned AI transition denial success rate to be more dependent on grapple advantage
  • Increased stand up arm health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%
  • Reduced stand up arm health recovery when holding High Block by 20%
  • Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing
  • Improved AI takedown defense
  • Further AI stamina management tuning
  • Taunt with @BlessedMMA in the last 20 seconds of the round and have your opponent taunt back to end a round "The Holloway"

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dave_S @ 08/12/16 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee

Side Note: It would have been nice for you to sign it GPD on it. This way I know I'm using your special fork. lol
If he ever ate with the fork you guys are practically making out every time you use the fork, that's good be better than autograph on it, right?

# 42 TreJayMMA @ 08/12/16 10:20 PM
No offense or anything but can we please get back on topic

# 43 ryan4889 @ 08/12/16 10:22 PM
Maybe just maybe Don Frye and a few legends upcoming if not in this patch? That would be what I call badass dudes. Need more legends for sure though. GPD can you possibly comment on if any more legends are planning to be added?

# 44 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/12/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
GPD - thank you for your constant line of communication and accessibility when you don't have to be accessible at all.

I am 1000% convinced that not only is this your job but it's very clear that it's your passion too.

I hope you are still training BJJ too 😄
I am, but I got arm barred bad by our temp instructor, snap crackle pop and I am probably out for a couple of months.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk

# 45 The Senator @ 08/12/16 10:30 PM
Any chance of moveset updates?
-Spin Backfist/Standing Elbow for Marquardt
-Overhand Right for Shogun?

# 46 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/12/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
Maybe just maybe Don Frye and a few legends upcoming if not in this patch? That would be what I call badass dudes. Need more legends for sure though. GPD can you possibly comment on if any more legends are planning to be added?
I cannot comment on any roster additions, sorry.

# 47 neoncross @ 08/12/16 10:33 PM
Any chance of new fighter stances being in this update? It'll go a long way to making our CAFs more unique.

# 48 TreJayMMA @ 08/12/16 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoncross
Any chance of new fighter stances being in this update? It'll go a long way to making our CAFs more unique.
I seriously doubt it will be in this game.

# 49 TreJayMMA @ 08/12/16 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
LOL I got banned for being named SirSmokesAlottaWeed I mean coooome ooon some people in this world are so crazy.. I bet SirDrinksAlottaBeer would be okay right? Pfft. He did warn me in PM about me having to change it but I was on vacation and by the time I got back 2 days later boom i'm banned..
aha lol yeah they're pretty strict

# 50 ERsports @ 08/12/16 11:47 PM
GameplayDev.......I would love to see just two things fixed.

1-Fix the performance Bonus in Career as it is impossible to win one as of now.
2-Please give roster fighters in career mode there regular stances as playing as Diaz in career sucks when he doesnt have his taunts or stance.

Bonus-Add the legends like GSP and Rutten as oppone ts in career mode.

Would give us single player gamers some love and longevity until the next game.

# 51 tissues250 @ 08/13/16 12:53 AM
Will Max Holloways' taunt coming?

# 52 TreJayMMA @ 08/13/16 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Will Max Holloways' taunt coming?
Probably not. New Animation.

# 53 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Probably not. New Animation.
Someone up there was wearing motion capture gear not to long ago. Might have been for Conor McGregor presents EA UFC 3 though.

# 54 TreJayMMA @ 08/13/16 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Someone up there was wearing motion capture gear not to long ago. Might have been for Conor McGregor presents EA UFC 3 though.
Yeah I'd be surprised if they brought a whole new animation to this game.

# 55 NewSkiLLZZ @ 08/13/16 04:30 AM
But yet we don't have a penalty for someone trying to clinch 10+ times in a round...

# 56 AydinDubstep @ 08/13/16 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I am, but I got arm barred bad by our temp instructor, snap crackle pop and I am probably out for a couple of months.

Ouch dude! Sounds painful! Hope the healing process has been okay for you.

Thanks for the continued updates. Look forward to seeing the new changes.

# 57 ryan4889 @ 08/13/16 07:05 AM
I also don't really understand why the offensive loses stamina (a lot) during a health event. Always figured it was a perk my opponent was using.

# 58 cernac @ 08/13/16 09:12 AM
I have finished many people on the feet outside of FTF, and I have also been finished many times on the feet, as well. I think damage is in a good place right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 aholbert32 @ 08/13/16 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Those moccap sessions werent likely for UFC 2.

# 60 aholbert32 @ 08/13/16 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoncross
I doubt that will be added at this point.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.