Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction to the legs or body. This should fix the "magic combo" issues.
  • Tuned AI transition denial success rate to be more dependent on grapple advantage
  • Increased stand up arm health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%
  • Reduced stand up arm health recovery when holding High Block by 20%
  • Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing
  • Improved AI takedown defense
  • Further AI stamina management tuning
  • Taunt with @BlessedMMA in the last 20 seconds of the round and have your opponent taunt back to end a round "The Holloway"

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 chia @ 08/13/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The issue was that you couldn't block during any level 4 or 5 hit reaction, be it to the head, body or legs.

However, based on testing, all level 4 and 5 hit reaction animations, plus 90% of the body hit reaction animations take you out of range for a head kick, and all other power strikes.

The exception was the leg hit reactions and one body one when combined with a couple of different strikes.

So to avoid any more magic combos being discovered, we fixed it for everything to the body and legs.

In 99% of the cases, strikes to the head that cause hit reactions will be completely unchanged post patch.

In 90% of the cases, hit reactions to the body will be unchanged post patch.

In 50% of the cases, leg hit reactions will be unchanged.

This is a very targeted fix, with an eye for preventing further problems when we're done patching.

The increased arm damage while holding high block will only make KOs on the feet more likely.

I think you're overreacting.

We won't know for sure the impact of this change until it goes live, but the sky is falling reaction based on the info we have now is a little overboard.
Taking the magic combo out only does good things for the game.

# 82 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 04:15 PM
I wonder if gamechangers test these patches

# 83 HereticGabriel @ 08/13/16 04:40 PM
Ya I'm curious to see how the so called 'top' players do that constantly spam these combos now that there isn't a free unblockable hit

# 84 stephengreen @ 08/13/16 04:42 PM
They'll probably do fine, but we'll see a lot less finishes.

# 85 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 04:55 PM
Top players will adapt and still be the best, exploiters will adapt and find something new to exploit, average players like me will adapt and figure out how to make exploiters still scream over the mic "What's your address Bro" to me before they quit our start spamming me with messages.

# 86 chia @ 08/13/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Top players will adapt and still be the best, exploiters will adapt and find something new to exploit, average players like me will adapt and figure out how to make exploiters still scream over the mic "What's your address Bro" to me before they quit our start spamming me with messages.
Clinch exploit will be the next big thing. Getting them in clinch and then pulling them when they go to transition to reset it.

# 87 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Clinch exploit will be the next big thing. Getting them in clinch and then pulling them when they go to transition to reset it.
Denied about 40 clinch attempts in a 3 round fight yesterday, really wish I was rewarded a bit for that.

# 88 fishingtime @ 08/13/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
That is you being denied in the clinch. That isn't an exploit. That is being predictable. You can't stop their transition with movement. Only certain strikes and denying.

# 89 chapmandachamp @ 08/13/16 05:07 PM
The fun thing that was added was the max halloway "stand and bang" taunt /animation which was spoiled very early but was also confirmed by GPD on his Twitter. But he reminded me there was more to it then just the animation??? What else could go with it

# 90 aholbert32 @ 08/13/16 05:11 PM
Quote:
I wonder if gamechangers test these patches
We dont.

The dev team is nice enough to let us know what coming before they announce the changes but we test them out when everyone else does.

# 91 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We dont.

The dev team is nice enough to let us know what coming before they announce the changes but we test them out when everyone else does.
I wonder if it would be an advantageous for them to let some game changers and people like me test patch before it's released to see if any noticeable exploits arise. Or just to give them a perspective of how patch works in actual gameplay between people that play competitively.

# 92 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 05:28 PM
After my tireless efforts to not be to negative here and contribute maybe GPD can reward me with Rumble at WW. Just for me though, and maybe dudes that post here. (Not Tyson users, lol, I guess he can have him to)

# 93 aholbert32 @ 08/13/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
I wonder if it would be an advantageous for them to let some game changers and people like me test patch before it's released to see if any noticeable exploits arise. Or just to give them a perspective of how patch works in actual gameplay between people that play competitively.
LOL. They have a QA team already plus I dont know how they would even do that. Its not like they can shoot a patch to specific consoles.

# 94 stephengreen @ 08/13/16 05:33 PM
Quote:
LOL. They have a QA team already plus I dont know how they would even do that. Its not like they can shoot a patch to specific consoles.
I wonder if anyone on their QA team actually plays the game. Can't imagine them grinding UT or Ranked after testing the game all day.

# 95 Dave_S @ 08/13/16 05:50 PM
Quote:
I wonder if the QA is good at the game? Not trying to dog them, just curious how they compare to the dudes that play the game WAY to much.

I don't know much about patches to consoles, but was just reminded of how specific people got beta codes. Couldn't they apply all patches to beta and reopen server? (I realize that might be crazy talk, but I'm out of my element when it comes to that stuff. Just brainstorming like I think it's my responsibility, lol.

Delusions of Grandeur, that's what my commander would say, until he realized I was right

# 96 cernac @ 08/13/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape

Sorry to harp on this but I don't think I ever got an answer--is the inability to block in sub side control an oversight or there for a reason? If it is there for a good reason I would be less annoyed. If it is an oversight, why hasn't it been fixed?

(Love the game and the patches. Keep up the good work, EA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 97 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/13/16 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Sorry to harp on this but I don't think I ever got an answer--is the inability to block in sub side control an oversight or there for a reason? If it is there for a good reason I would be less annoyed. If it is an oversight, why hasn't it been fixed?

(Love the game and the patches. Keep up the good work, EA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a deliberate decision and balanced accordingly. U would have preferred to have block in that position, but we couldn't do it.

Considered not allowing ko's from there, but decided on what you see in game now as a compromise.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk

# 98 stephengreen @ 08/13/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It was a deliberate decision and balanced accordingly. U would have preferred to have block in that position, but we couldn't do it.

Considered not allowing ko's from there, but decided on what you see in game now as a compromise.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk
You know, say what you want about the game, but it's refreshing to have a dev actually interact with players to the extent you do on this forum. Not really many devs like that around these days.

# 99 aholbert32 @ 08/13/16 07:10 PM
Quote:
I wonder if the QA is good at the game? Not trying to dog them, just curious how they compare to the dudes that play the game WAY to much.

I don't know much about patches to consoles, but was just reminded of how specific people got beta codes. Couldn't they apply all patches to beta and reopen server? (I realize that might be crazy talk, but I'm out of my element when it comes to that stuff. Just brainstorming like I think it's my responsibility, lol.

Delusions of Grandeur, that's what my commander would say, until he realized I was right
Beta codes are different. With a BC, you are downloading a version of the game created by the devs for testing. I think creating a beta version takes a significant amount of time and its unrealistic to ask the dev team to create and distribute a beta version that works on regular consoles (I believe the devs and the QCers use debugged kits).

Also then you would have to convince MS and Sony to host a beta version of the game every month. Its just not worth it.

# 100 fishingtime @ 08/13/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Beta codes are different. With a BC, you are downloading a version of the game created by the devs for testing. I think creating a beta version takes a significant amount of time and its unrealistic to ask the dev team to create and distribute a beta version that works on regular consoles (I believe the devs and the QCers use debugged kits).

Also then you would have to convince MS and Sony to host a beta version of the game every month. Its just not worth it.
For this series yeah. Battlefield does have something like this though. Not really a beta, but kind of since they get to test the new maps/changes, etc. They really helped turn around BF4.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.