Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K17 screenshot of Paul George (cover athlete) and post your thoughts.

UPDATE: Here is a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/15/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
Damn.

Could this be false advertisement?
Okay, I stand corrected. Didn't know they only had so many body types. Sounds like 2K Sports just need to add more.

# 102 MarkWilliam @ 08/15/16 11:24 PM
I speculate that the body scanning is more about tones/textures/colours than about length/size/shape.....

Could be wrong though.

# 103 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 11:32 PM
More info from that thread in case folks didn't go there and/or read it:

Quote:
Their bodies are literally the exact same. There are a couple of differences, like the length and size of Carmelo and Curry's legs but the size of the arms are literally the same. These supposed 'body scans' don't scan the size of arms. You will also notice their jerseys are the exact same, this jersey comes with the player model. It's a bit misleading to be honest and I'm surprised people haven't noticed this over the past two years.

As I've said before, they have given KD the high school player model which is Bodytype #7. It looks like Paul George will have the same player model from 2K16, which is Bodytype number #1.
Trying to tell ya'll lol. There aren't any new player models. Just reused/reconfigured ones. 'Lean' doesn't exist in 2K. Just "less stocky"

# 104 2_headedmonster @ 08/15/16 11:39 PM
woooooow. thats crazy. i feel deceived. how does this even happen?

# 105 The 24th Letter @ 08/15/16 11:49 PM
Thats crazy!! So this was essentially for show?

# 106 23 @ 08/15/16 11:49 PM
#PREORDER NOW

#UNITE

#THISISNOTAGAME

# 107 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Probably more so for textures, skin tones (maybe), & general player likenesses. They were never specific about exactly what they were doing. Just "scanning".

And folks...that's how marketing works. Lol.

# 108 2_headedmonster @ 08/15/16 11:51 PM
Quote:

skin? tatts? idk man...this is off-putting.

# 109 MarkWilliam @ 08/15/16 11:52 PM
Quote:

Only for tones, textures maybe? I would say so. I think face scanning works this way aswell doesn't it?

They scan the face from many angles and then map it to a 3D model?

# 110 nuckles2k2 @ 08/15/16 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
#PREORDER NOW

#UNITE

#THISISNOTAGAME

You wrong for this

Edit:

#YOUWRONGFORTHIS

#YOUMIGHTBERIGHTFORITTHO

#BROKETHEINTERNETQUESTIONMARK

# 111 The 24th Letter @ 08/15/16 11:54 PM
I mean I knew guys like Sully, Green, Big Al were essentially stuffed into pne body type....obviously...

Thought some guys were specifically modeled though...

# 112 23 @ 08/15/16 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
More info from that thread in case folks didn't go there and/or read it:

Trying to tell ya'll lol. There aren't any new player models. Just reused/reconfigured ones. 'Lean' doesn't exist in 2K. Just "less stocky"
Oh some of us noticed.

# 113 The 24th Letter @ 08/15/16 11:57 PM
Man....at least we know PG didnt grow from 2k16 to 2k17....same body type like I thought

# 114 23 @ 08/16/16 12:00 AM
Quote:
Man....at least we know PG didnt grow from 2k16 to 2k17....same body type like I thought
He still looks bigger.

Probably has LeBron's body type now.

Still... This is what we gonna roll with?

# 115 stillfeelme @ 08/16/16 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I speculate that the body scanning is more about tones/textures/colours than about length/size/shape.....

Could be wrong though.
Basically that and tattoos, scars that can be mapped on a certain body type. 7 body types wow mind blown. They must not have enough memory to really do all those body types. Something is limiting factor maybe the real body scans are the limiting factor. Or they didn't have enough time. I am going memory

# 116 The 24th Letter @ 08/16/16 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He still looks bigger.

Probably has LeBron's body type now.

Still... This is what we gonna roll with?
Im just going off what dude said...no reason to only believe some of what he posted... he was on point with the rest of it...

Think what we can conclude is these body types need an overhaul in general...

and I'm not even a guy who it bothers like that

# 117 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/16/16 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Basically that and tattoos, scars that can be mapped on a certain body type. 7 body types wow mind blown. They must not have enough memory to really do all those body types. Something is limiting factor maybe the real body scans are the limiting factor. Or they didn't have enough time. I am going memory
It does seem odd that they can only use 7 body types. If this was a trivia question, I would have guessed 20 something. Sounds like a developer question. I just want to know for the sake of knowing.

Like it was said before...only seven body types for 430 players??? WTF?

# 118 23 @ 08/16/16 12:08 AM
Quote:
Im just going off what dude said...no reason to only believe some of what he posted... he was on point with the rest of it...

Think what we can conclude is these body types need an overhaul in general...

and I'm not even a guy who it bothers like that
Yeah that body type hes talking about is the same one kobe had. Georges looks bigger.

# 119 nuckles2k2 @ 08/16/16 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Only possible theory I can think of is that these body types have to be removed & replaced (not edited) and that would be too time consuming.

Otherwise, there's no real reason to keep these player models. I dunno..

# 120 Goffs @ 08/16/16 12:14 AM
Eh...I'm surprised some of you graphic whores didn't even notice. I've noticed this after playing a couple of games...

The legs will be no different this year either. At this point I don't even care any more...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.