Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Content update #6 and game update 1.09 is available now for EA Sports UFC 2 on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just under 2GB.

This update adds four new fighters and gameplay updates. Most of this information was revealed by Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, earlier in the week.

NEW FIGHTERS
  • Abel Trujillo- Men's Lightweight
  • Evan Dunham- Men's Lightweight
  • Rashid Magomedov - Men's Lightweight
  • Sean O'Connell – Men’s Light Heavyweight
ROSTER UPDATES
  • Added Donald Cerrone to Welterweight.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added the ability to end a round "The Holloway" when you taunt with Max Holloway in the last 20 seconds of the round and your opponent taunts back.
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to understand opportune moments to attempt takedowns, reversals, transitions and submissions.
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction following a strike to the legs or body.
  • Reduced Stand Up Arm Health recovery when holding High Block by 20%.
  • Increased Stand Up Arm Health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%.
MENU UPDATES

Added Tutorials to the Main Menu. View videos to learn about the basic and advanced gameplay features. Only available when the system is set to English

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SwedishTouch76 @ 08/16/16 03:01 PM
This is awesome!!!!!!

# 22 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Stnsup its better but its harder to finish fights now why did they not add more power to strike...

4 decision on 4 fights in 7 division.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka
Ya I agree with you. I am going to a decision more in the 8 ranked matches I played but I see a lot of ppl still trying to do the magic combos or taking there time striking to see what works now. I only ran into one dude who did the straight/body kick over and over. That's was not fun and annoying.

# 23 Shogun474 @ 08/16/16 03:21 PM
Trying to get noobs to taunt back is frustrating as hell :

# 24 TheRizzzle @ 08/16/16 03:25 PM
We could go for another 6 months just patching in LW fighters. That division is soooooo deep. Brooks, Alex Oliveira...insane.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 25 hawksfan509 @ 08/16/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
NO MORE MAGIC COMBOS!

I can't stress this enough, this change has made striking in UFC 2 feel so much better and that fact I can now block everything makes me feel like I have total control over my fighter.

I LOVE THIS CHANGE GPD!!! LOVE IT!!!
I just faced a guy who did the majic combo and my fighter didnt block ****, how exactly are you "blocking everything". I pressed high block and my guy didnt even respond

# 26 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 03:30 PM
For people worried about hit stuns and if there still in the game, I can confirm they are and work well. I just got rocked and knockout out by a baby hit stun which made me head whip back then I got knockedout by a overhand.

Honestly it looked and played out more realistic then watching a magic combo freeze my fighter up. Pretty fun I will say knowing I can go to war and bang with guys now who abuse those combos. Sure I still may lose but I don't fell outmatched watching someone try the same magic combo over and over till it works or he gets lucky.

I wish the game was like this when it first came out. All those months of frustration from ppl abusing things is now gone. Well most of it, there is still a few moments I want to throw my controller across the room. lol

# 27 Thetruth9012 @ 08/16/16 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan509
I just faced a guy who did the majic combo and my fighter didnt block ****, how exactly are you "blocking everything". I pressed high block and my guy didnt even respond
Its working for me.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 28 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan509
are you sure it was a magic combo and not a hit stun?

# 29 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 03:38 PM
aholbert32 have you tried the AI in pro yet?

Have you noticed how much they watch there stamina now. Sure there still easy to beat but having the AI manage stamina way better adds a good flow to the fights on PRO now.

# 30 aholbert32 @ 08/16/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
aholbert32 have you tried the AI in pro yet?

Have you noticed how much they watch there stamina now. Sure there still easy to beat but having the AI manage stamina way better adds a good flow to the fights on PRO now.
Still at work. Will check it out tonight.

# 31 Trillz @ 08/16/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
are you sure it was a magic combo and not a hit stun?
arent they they the same thing? or the magic combo is the only when u punch twice leg kick head kick?

The combo is still ingame but its a 50/50 chance of defending high/low.

# 32 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
arent they they the same thing? or the magic combo is the only when u punch twice leg kick head kick?

The combo is still ingame but its a 50/50 chance of defending high/low.
The magic combos are just the combos that take control away from your fighter but the hit stuns are just the reaction to certain punches or kicks.

I could be wrong but that's how i see it.

# 33 jeremym480 @ 08/16/16 03:49 PM
Dunham!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 34 connolls @ 08/16/16 03:58 PM
Once you rock someone and you start spamming jabs and straights its pretty much game over, especially if you have risk reward and/or vengeful. You can break their block in seconds.

# 35 Steve_OS @ 08/16/16 04:05 PM

# 36 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/16/16 04:08 PM
Beat me to it!

# 37 Evil97 @ 08/16/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
The magic combos are just the combos that take control away from your fighter but the hit stuns are just the reaction to certain punches or kicks.

I could be wrong but that's how i see it.
All hit stuns take control away, hence the term stun. The "magic combo" like the "death rock" term from last game, is getting thrown around too loosely. It's just a combo to create a hit stun, that leads to an unblock-able kick. The biggest one is the right, left, leg kick (hit stun), then free (combo multiplied powered) head kick. That is deadly. That's not the only. The patch has given the ability to block during a hit stun.

# 38 SportsGameGod @ 08/16/16 04:44 PM
Pretty sweet now fix the magical barrier when rocking your opponent. I've only brought that up since release.

# 39 Bigg Cee @ 08/16/16 04:50 PM
I wonder if this patch had come out before the LEC event for money, if we might have saw a different outcome in the players making it to Vegas or just the qualifying outcome could have been different. This patch was huge in terms of striking and how ppl play and i just feel this would have been great for the event.

Just my thoughts...

# 40 TheRizzzle @ 08/16/16 04:59 PM
It's gotta be tough when everyone is asking and hoping Will Brooks is in the patch and you know he won't be. If you ever need someone to keep a secret, GPD is your guy (although keeping ones job is a nice incentive).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.