Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Content update #6 and game update 1.09 is available now for EA Sports UFC 2 on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just under 2GB.

This update adds four new fighters and gameplay updates. Most of this information was revealed by Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, earlier in the week.

NEW FIGHTERS
  • Abel Trujillo- Men's Lightweight
  • Evan Dunham- Men's Lightweight
  • Rashid Magomedov - Men's Lightweight
  • Sean O'Connell – Men’s Light Heavyweight
ROSTER UPDATES
  • Added Donald Cerrone to Welterweight.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added the ability to end a round "The Holloway" when you taunt with Max Holloway in the last 20 seconds of the round and your opponent taunts back.
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to understand opportune moments to attempt takedowns, reversals, transitions and submissions.
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction following a strike to the legs or body.
  • Reduced Stand Up Arm Health recovery when holding High Block by 20%.
  • Increased Stand Up Arm Health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%.
MENU UPDATES

Added Tutorials to the Main Menu. View videos to learn about the basic and advanced gameplay features. Only available when the system is set to English

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SisterRay @ 08/17/16 12:36 AM
Is the grapple advantage meter in ranked or Ultimate Team mode? Haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

# 82 Bigg Cee @ 08/17/16 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
Is the grapple advantage meter in ranked or Ultimate Team mode? Haven't gotten a chance to play yet.
offline and quick match only.

# 83 Dave_S @ 08/17/16 01:02 AM
this ruins stand up and ground, gives unfair advantage to fighter trying to pass guard. I can't use gauge cause it's bad as cheat codes.

Dude that came up with this is probably the same dude that went nuts with the arm traps and superman punches.

# 84 fballturkey @ 08/17/16 02:37 AM
Fighters I wish had the Halloway taunt:

All.

# 85 rob3563 @ 08/17/16 09:33 AM
Tyrone Woodley has not been changed to champion for update 1.09 whats going on.
Also Valentina Shevchenko has not been given a stats update even after outclassing Holly in striking and is even stronger than Holly in the clinch to takedown which should warrant a stats increase,she will probably be the next champion if given the chance.
Bisping was made champion quickly for the game so how could EA not make Woodley champion after his great knockout,surely EA didn't forget,now we will have to wait for the next patch.

# 86 aholbert32 @ 08/17/16 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Tyrone Woodley has not been changed to champion for update 2.09 whats going on.
Also Valentina Shevchenko has not been given a stats update even after outclassing Holly in striking and is even stronger than Holly in the clinch to takedown which should warrant a stats increase,she will probably be the next champion if given the chance.
Bisping was made champion quickly for the game so how could EA not make Woodley champion after his great knockout,surely EA didn't forget,now we will have to wait for the next patch.
I believe the patch had already been locked when Woodley won the belt.

# 87 savage8_8 @ 08/17/16 10:07 AM
I took a long break from the game(2 months) and now i got to try out the patch. So far the patch is really good. I find it much easier to knockout someone on the feet. Especially if i rock them with a good shot. The stand up is much better now.

One of the things that i hope is being worked on next is the parry. I feel like its too easy to parry a shot. And people like to use it often bc there is no real danger in spamming it. There is only a very short window when i can punish a missed parry. Since removing the parry isn't an option my suggestion would be to either increase the recovery of a mistimed parry or increase the damage taken if you get caught when you miss.

Good job on the patch though.

# 88 Boiler569 @ 08/17/16 11:26 AM
Nothing can match the adrenaline of online competition

that said --- my praise for the current state of online gameplay; which is pretty good; is definitely not an endorsement of the poor offline modes (especially career)

although AI is getting better....and Live Event Pick'ems and play-thrus are fun and a great addition to the series...offline still needs some major help in UFC 3

# 89 aholbert32 @ 08/17/16 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I agree with every word. You know when I came from the EA forums I thought OS was full of guys like us who were all the way into offline play and gameplay immersion but most guys here just cares about gimmicks like the Max Holloway taunt (which is online only), stockton slap, colored trunks and stuff more than actual offline gameplay

I don't mean to offend anyone i'm just sad that you guys basically support offline being dead by praising these online updates so much. Yes I know, this update tries to fix the AI stamina thing, but that's like putting a cherry on top of a cake made of s.h.i.t

Since EA UFC 1 we basically don't have career mode, and as someone who's life was made so much better by the Undisputed series by starting different careers joining different gyms for years, this makes me very sad especially while watching live UFC events and getting the itch to play as certain fighters I watch but then being reminded of how broken the offline part of the game is.

Again I don't mean to disrespect the developers, i've no idea how development works, just saying that this saddens me too and Odion took the words out of my mouth so I just thought i'd say my piece too.
FYI, most of the offline guys are still here. The online guys post more so it makes it appear that there are more of them.

I guess I dont get what you expect people to do. All it takes is a quick search to see people complaining here consistently about the AI each patch thread. OS is part of the reason the stamina fixes were put in place. Part of the reason that the AI defends significantly better than it did at release.

I think one difference between the offline and online guys is that we are more solutions oriented (meaning finding work arounds) because we have to be. We know that the majority of the devs time is going to be focused on gameplay or online fixes. We also know that with EVERY MMA game, most of us have to use house rules in order to make the AI realistic and fun (Even UD3 needed house rules to make it competitive). We also are realistic and know that the AI issues arent going to magically get fixed by a patch.

All I ask for is improvement with each patch and we've seen that. It sucks that many people dont consider it a challenge on the feet or too much of a challenge on the ground still but until they get sliders (which allow an individual to tweak the difficulty to their personal skill), we are going to have these issue.

I'm hopeful that with the next game we will have more fighter individuality, styles and sliders to improve the AI. Until then, I'll continue to have fun with what the game is.

# 90 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/17/16 11:31 AM
Pleased with the patch. I don't mess with a ton of UT or unranked, so I haven't gotten a chance to check out the meter thing yet. It would've been nice if they turned off your opponents HUD completely in ranked, but that doesn't seem to be something on their list of things to do.

# 91 fishingtime @ 08/17/16 11:37 AM
Yeah, the patch is great. Just keeps getting better and better. Can't really complain about that.

# 92 thelasthurtknee @ 08/17/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Pleased with the patch. I don't mess with a ton of UT or unranked, so I haven't gotten a chance to check out the meter thing yet. It would've been nice if they turned off your opponents HUD completely in ranked, but that doesn't seem to be something on their list of things to do.
I think everything off in ranked is how it should be also. If the ga meter can be exploited so can't stamina and the damage graph? I mean you attack more when u see the other spend his energy or you attack the part of body that is most red. These things do become second nature as will the ga meter but them all off would of made it much better. Obviously being able to setup the room however you want would of been best but it's always hard to add those menu type options after launch.

# 93 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/17/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
I think everything off in ranked is how it should be also. If the ga meter can be exploited so can't stamina and the damage graph? I mean you attack more when u see the other spend his energy or you attack the part of body that is most red. These things do become second nature as will the ga meter but them all off would of made it much better. Obviously being able to setup the room however you want would of been best but it's always hard to add those menu type options after launch.
No doubt. I think all areas of the fight would become a lot more interesting and dynamic if you couldn't see your opponents stamina and transition meters.

# 94 jb12780 @ 08/17/16 12:43 PM
Some moves need to be removed from the game all together. It's like ratings don't matter. McGregor should be able to reverse Diaz on the ground. Ever.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 95 Trillz @ 08/17/16 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Some moves need to be removed from the game all together. It's like ratings don't matter. McGregor should be able to reverse Diaz on the ground. Ever.

he can reverse diaz. He also revered him in real life.

# 96 RoyalKrimpet @ 08/17/16 01:14 PM
We need Hector Lombard moved to MW in the next patch please.

# 97 fballturkey @ 08/17/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I agree with every word. You know when I came from the EA forums I thought OS was full of guys like us who were all the way into offline play and gameplay immersion but most guys here just cares about gimmicks like the Max Holloway taunt (which is online only), stockton slap, colored trunks and stuff more than actual offline gameplay

I don't mean to offend anyone i'm just sad that you guys basically support offline being dead by praising these online updates so much. Yes I know, this update tries to fix the AI stamina thing, but that's like putting a cherry on top of a cake made of s.h.i.t

Since EA UFC 1 we basically don't have career mode, and as someone who's life was made so much better by the Undisputed series by starting different careers joining different gyms for years, this makes me very sad especially while watching live UFC events and getting the itch to play as certain fighters I watch but then being reminded of how broken the offline part of the game is.

Again I don't mean to disrespect the developers, i've no idea how development works, just saying that this saddens me too and Odion took the words out of my mouth so I just thought i'd say my piece too.
Offline is dead so I hardly ever post anymore. It's one of those feedback loop cycles where offline this year is terrible so people won't play it so they'll look at the metrics next time and give more resources to online which will make offline worse and fewer people will play it etc etc.

This forum is more offline focused than any other one I've seen but there just isn't much to say about the offline game that doesn't feel like constant bashing, and I don't want to do that because I don't want to spend my time talking about a game I don't like.

# 98 pdandy @ 08/17/16 01:42 PM
Not sure if it is just me but against PRO Rumble, Joanna, Hendo at least, whenever I'm in their full guard, they always (without fail) attempt to execute transition up. I end up denying every single one because it is so predictable. Looks like a bug.

# 99 TheRizzzle @ 08/17/16 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, most of the offline guys are still here. The online guys post more so it makes it appear that there are more of them.

I guess I dont get what you expect people to do. All it takes is a quick search to see people complaining here consistently about the AI each patch thread. OS is part of the reason the stamina fixes were put in place. Part of the reason that the AI defends significantly better than it did at release.

I think one difference between the offline and online guys is that we are more solutions oriented (meaning finding work arounds) because we have to be. We know that the majority of the devs time is going to be focused on gameplay or online fixes. We also know that with EVERY MMA game, most of us have to use house rules in order to make the AI realistic and fun (Even UD3 needed house rules to make it competitive). We also are realistic and know that the AI issues arent going to magically get fixed by a patch.

All I ask for is improvement with each patch and we've seen that. It sucks that many people dont consider it a challenge on the feet or too much of a challenge on the ground still but until they get sliders (which allow an individual to tweak the difficulty to their personal skill), we are going to have these issue.

I'm hopeful that with the next game we will have more fighter individuality, styles and sliders to improve the AI. Until then, I'll continue to have fun with what the game is.
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I'm a match up fanatic. I don't particularly care who wins, I just want to see how it plays out while I participate.

When I fight, I flip a coin to see who I start with.

If I get rocked, I switch over to the other fighter for the start of the next round, UNLESS I manage to rock him back and he doesn't get me again, so on and so forth. (Basically I have to get the last rock, if no rocks, continue on as the same fighter to the next round).

Another rule I have is, if I finish the round in a submissive position on the bottom, I switch over to my opponent for the next round.

I've always found a way to control both teams in every sports game I've played, which I why I was pretty sad when Madden took out the ability to switch teams mid game in Franchise a couple years ago.

But just an example of offline guys being quirky out of necessity to keep the game going.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 100 jb12780 @ 08/17/16 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
he can reverse diaz. He also revered him in real life.
Was that before or after Diaz choked him I can't remember?

My point remains the same. McGregor should not be able to hang with Diaz on the ground.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.