Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Content update #6 and game update 1.09 is available now for EA Sports UFC 2 on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, weighing in at just under 2GB.

This update adds four new fighters and gameplay updates. Most of this information was revealed by Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, earlier in the week.

NEW FIGHTERS
  • Abel Trujillo- Men's Lightweight
  • Evan Dunham- Men's Lightweight
  • Rashid Magomedov - Men's Lightweight
  • Sean O'Connell – Men’s Light Heavyweight
ROSTER UPDATES
  • Added Donald Cerrone to Welterweight.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Added the ability to end a round "The Holloway" when you taunt with Max Holloway in the last 20 seconds of the round and your opponent taunts back.
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to understand opportune moments to attempt takedowns, reversals, transitions and submissions.
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction following a strike to the legs or body.
  • Reduced Stand Up Arm Health recovery when holding High Block by 20%.
  • Increased Stand Up Arm Health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%.
MENU UPDATES

Added Tutorials to the Main Menu. View videos to learn about the basic and advanced gameplay features. Only available when the system is set to English

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 thelasthurtknee @ 08/17/16 02:41 PM
I see everyone talking about the pro level and I know that's where the development team seemed to put alot of focus but how about the harder lever? Does anyone use it and does it provide a better challenge or is it too unbalanced?

# 102 thelasthurtknee @ 08/17/16 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Was that before or after Diaz choked him I can't remember?

My point remains the same. McGregor should not be able to hang with Diaz on the ground.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
It was end of first round but it could of been diaz partly pulling him into guard. Conor didn't do anything special, more just momentum carrying them into that position.

I don't think it would be a situation where moves are removed but more like if one guy is a certain amount of overall points higher in say top vs off back then certain moves or abilities should either be removed or the window to reverse almost gone. I get what your saying and agree. Would be a alot of work for the team to set up the parameters but once they are in they should be viable across the board.

Also, whoever said earlier about hooks and uppercuts not being able to be parried is spot on. Great idea!!

# 103 Trillz @ 08/17/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Was that before or after Diaz choked him I can't remember?

My point remains the same. McGregor should not be able to hang with Diaz on the ground.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/oqD-kdF7khU?t=30m33s

30 mins in, but i agree diaz should be much better on the ground.

# 104 DaveDQ @ 08/17/16 10:17 PM
I just don't understand why they refuse to address stamina.

# 105 oshighwayman @ 08/18/16 06:46 AM
thank u for patch very very good

# 106 Boiler569 @ 08/18/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
Human players are more challenging, obviously, but not more realistic. If you're looking for a challenge but don't care about realism, go online. If you want realism, play the CPU. If you want A.I. that keeps up with humans, then you are asking for cheating, cheesing A.I. If you play against the CPU in a realistic manner, the challenge level is just right. If you're looking to exploit every weakness of the A.I., then you're not playing realistically.
some good points for sure

though when I fight online, I pretty much only fight 'realistically' --- i.e. I never went for any of those 'magic combos' and garbage like that; rarely throw overhands let alone 20 spinning kicks in a row, etc etc

I just find that the CPU is too repetitive and predictable in the clinch and on the ground. And standing, it's not very good either, and relies on parries which I hate lol

But yes, you do still find cheezers online to say the least lol

# 107 chapmandachamp @ 08/18/16 05:53 PM
All my fights end in the first minute now. KO either way lol. Spend all my time loading and watch cut scenes.

# 108 fballturkey @ 08/18/16 07:16 PM
Quote:
I think people are putting too much weight on the "full camp Nate" concept. I'm sure it's a factor but I think that the first fight was a scramble that favored a scrapper like Diaz. I think he's more adaptable in situations like the first fight where neither fighter got the chance to really prepare for each other. I think a full camp doesn't give Nate as big an upside as a McGregor camp that was focused on preparing for a specific opponent.
Yeah, people tend to overthink things a lot in all sports, but really a primarily striking match in MMA between two guys that are similarly skilled is going to have so much variability in outcomes that it's almost impossible to point to things like camp length as a big factor. Connor could've beaten Nate that night. Either could win Saturday. If they fought 100 times Nate might win 70 but you might see one of the 30 Saturday, you just never know, and seeing one of the 30 instead of one of the 70 isn't because Nate was over trained or whatever, it's just how it went down.

# 109 The Senator @ 08/19/16 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diprosopus
So? Bisping beat Rockhold on short notice as well. Means nothing.

Conor moved up in weight after fighting at 145 and couldn't adjust to it in time, which is why he gassed. This time he's had time to adjust and train properly. He wont' gas out. The extra weight will only slow Nate "The ****" down. Not much of an advantage. He didn't hit Nate with everything he had, he was just loading up a lot. McGregor all day by torture, just like in the last fight up until Conor basically threw it.

Nate will get brutally KOd one day, especially with his fighting style. It happens to everyone. Cote, Sanchez, etc. Then he'll keep fighting and end up trembling in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, lmao.
And here's a prime example of how McGregor's fan base is the worst in MMA history.

There's a fundamental disrespect that many McGregor fans delight in.(do note that I am not lumping ALL of his fans in this description) It's not enough to get behind your guy and engage in a little friendly trash talk. Instead, they make grandiose claims, treating every opponent like a stepping stone for their avatar, dismissing anyone else's skills as irrelevant.

Conor could certainly beat Nate in the rematch. I am not saying that is out of the question. But to say that the only reason he lost the first one was due to a bad weight adjustment is laughable. All credit to McGregor for stepping up that far, but he lost that fight, fair and square. His power wasn't enough to change the dynamics of the fight, and he did not "torture" Nate, even in the first round. McGregor was 28 for 74 in significant strikes for round one, while Diaz was 23 for 62, according to Fight Metric. Hardly a huge disparity, although I did have Conor winning the first round.

The idea that Conor "basically threw the fight" is even more absurd. He got rocked with some hard shots, and took the fight to the ground. He then lost the battle on the ground. It was a quick decision, and ended up being a wrong one. No dishonor in getting tapped by Nate. There would be quite a bit of dishonor if McGregor wasn't trying his best, which I do not think is remotely close to being the case.

Finally, the whole wheelchair line was completely unnecessary and only makes the poster look bad.

# 110 OneDrop @ 08/19/16 08:05 AM
Quote:

Conor moved up in weight after fighting at 145 and couldn't adjust to it in time, which is why he gassed. This time he's had time to adjust and train properly. He wont' gas out. The extra weight will only slow Nate "The ****" down. Not much of an advantage. He didn't hit Nate with everything he had, he was just loading up a lot. McGregor all day by torture, just like in the last fight up until Conor basically threw it.

Nate will get brutally KOd one day, especially with his fighting style. It happens to everyone. Cote, Sanchez, etc. Then he'll keep fighting and end up trembling in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, lmao.
"McGregor by torture". Watch Nate drag him into the deep waters which is going to be torture for McGregor. Nate's better than McGregor in every ****in way. If you can't acknowledge that **** it's time for you to watch a different sport.

# 111 Haz____ @ 08/19/16 11:30 AM
Quote:

LOL!!

This entire post is hilarious.

Conor Mctapper fan boys are delusional.

# 112 Helmholz_Watson_ @ 08/19/16 12:55 PM
The game's striking mechanics seem smoother post-patch (when I have a lag-free connection, that is). Have others noticed this as well?

I am really enjoying the balance and strategy of the game. I almost think EA ought to ask review websites to give them another try. The game is solid compared to its debut.

# 113 chapmandachamp @ 08/19/16 11:23 PM
I feel the penalty from switching from high to low block should b removed now that block is weaker!!! The delay should b the time to press the other button with how Dmg is being delivered now. Which I don't mind at all but the delay feels not as much needed now.

# 114 Haz____ @ 08/20/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
What's hilarious about the post you are calling hilarious is that Nate has ALREADY been KO'd brutally, it's not anything we're yet to see.
Nate's never been KOd. The Josh Thomspon finish was a TKO. And although it was a savage finish, Diaz wasn't actually knocked out.

# 115 NYG_Meth @ 08/21/16 10:23 PM
CPU AI is VASTLY improved.

Question: Does the judging AI deduct points every time a fighter moves backward? I really do love the way the stand-up feels, but it's so discouraging to lose ranked fights REPEATEDLY (the majority of my losses) on the cards in which I've dominated significant strikes, total strikes, and usually have the same or greater number of takedowns (seemingly) just because my opponent plods forward and I can't KO him/her with my greater number of landed strikes.

Any insights? =(

# 116 AydinDubstep @ 08/22/16 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
CPU AI is VASTLY improved.

Question: Does the judging AI deduct points every time a fighter moves backward? I really do love the way the stand-up feels, but it's so discouraging to lose ranked fights REPEATEDLY (the majority of my losses) on the cards in which I've dominated significant strikes, total strikes, and usually have the same or greater number of takedowns (seemingly) just because my opponent plods forward and I can't KO him/her with my greater number of landed strikes.

Any insights? =(
Isn't there a similar thing in muay thai, where if a guy back peddles too much, even if they're doing well, they end up losing a decision? Recall hearing it somewhere a few years back.

# 117 NYG_Meth @ 08/22/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Isn't there a similar thing in muay thai, where if a guy back peddles too much, even if they're doing well, they end up losing a decision? Recall hearing it somewhere a few years back.
I don't know. What I do know about scoring in combat sports leads me to believe that if I outstrike my opponent every round and rock/stun them multiple times without ever having being hurt myself, I should win at least 2 of 3 rounds with some regularity.

# 118 Lfc_rob_lfc @ 08/26/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
"McGregor by torture". Watch Nate drag him into the deep waters which is going to be torture for McGregor. Nate's better than McGregor in every ****in way. If you can't acknowledge that **** it's time for you to watch a different sport.
You were saying? LOL.

# 119 TreJayMMA @ 08/26/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfc_rob_lfc
You were saying? LOL.
Nate shoulda won. The judges/ Dana white wanted their to be a trilogy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.